LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Our receivers are pathetic!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Chief:
I see our wideouts open all the time and the s**tty QB's miss them.

Just like they pointed out on NFC playbook this week. Showing Crabtree wide open on multiple plays but Troy Smith not seeing him and holding the ball too long.

I think you posted this engulfed in your manlove and without any real reason or knowledge about what you're saying.

I never said Crabs never gets open. However when he does, he certainly likes tipping the ball into defenders hands. Do they get open...yes. However they are covered far more than they are open. Do I agree that we need another new quarterback, yes, I stated that. I have also stated that our coaching is subpar but this group as a whole is just not cutting it.

If you think these receivers are good enough to get us through the playoffs in the years to come than I suggest a new television screen because the blur seems to be blocking your vision.

I think with a good QB and better coaches our receiving group of Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Davis and Walker would be far above average and considered very good.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
You guys are hilarious. New England won Super Bowls and so did the 49ers in years past with "no-name" receivers. The core problem is the people designing and calling the plays. Add to this poor coaching by Sullivan and there you have it - a sucky WR corps that can't seem to get open.

If Sullivan is still using Zeigler in practices to "show" other WRs how to run routes and how to play WR, you have to ask yourself WTF? Why wasn't this guy on the field if he's the most reliable route runner. It's s**t like that I've read over the years that just doesn't add up.

This, this, this, this, this, this, this, this THIS!!!

~Ceadder

Just like they pointed out on NFC playbook this week. Showing Crabtree wide open on multiple plays but Troy Smith not seeing him and holding the ball too long.

I think you posted this engulfed in your manlove and without any real reason or knowledge about what you're saying.

I never said Crabs never gets open. However when he does, he certainly likes tipping the ball into defenders hands. Do they get open...yes. However they are covered far more than they are open. Do I agree that we need another new quarterback, yes, I stated that. I have also stated that our coaching is subpar but this group as a whole is just not cutting it.

If you think these receivers are good enough to get us through the playoffs in the years to come than I suggest a new television screen because the blur seems to be blocking your vision.

I think with a good QB and better coaches our receiving group of Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Davis and Walker would be far above average and considered very good.

I would like to see this team with new coaches to see where we are REALLY at. Even the QBs'. Our coaching staff is the most unprepared lot in the league.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

I would like to see this team with new coaches to see where we are REALLY at. Even the QBs'. Our coaching staff is the most unprepared lot in the league.

~Ceadder

I think if we had real coaches we could possibly be one of the best teams in the NFL.
You need speed to get separation and the Niner wide-outs don't have it. I would guess that except for Vernon none come close to a 4.5.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
You need speed to get separation and the Niner wide-outs don't have it. I would guess that except for Vernon none come close to a 4.5.

Another post by a 49er fan that has no clue. Educate yourself before you post.
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Our receivers are pretty good. we have a top 5 TE in Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker is a mismatch for anyone.. Crabtree is ready to breakout but doesnt have a solid QB to work with and needs more targets, Morgan is a decent #2 and Ginn is quick, fast and is a big play when the ball is on target...

Imagine Manning or Brady throwing to these guys, or even Rivers or Rodgers or Brees!!! the WR corps would get ALOT MOREE recognition..

With Troy Smith, we arent targeting Crabs and Davis enough..

We need to start Alex next week and just let him sling it from the spread now that we have Westbrook, he'd be more comfortable than Gore in the spread with the sweeps and screens..

Well I said the tightends were not the problem. Our tightends are great, but Ginn is like a stone handed cheetah out there, I've seen this guy alligator arming it several times this year as well as costly drops. Morgan only seems to get open against weak teams like the Cardinals but when we need him to show up against good teams like Green Bay, he's just not getting it done.

I do agree with you though that Alex should be starting now. Not that he's that much better than Troy but atleast he gets the ball to Vernon.

None of the Smiths should start. The last thing I want is for Alex to be even considered the starter because he had a few decent games. Plus, he has not even been able to proove that he can win in the shot-gun. His decision making and accuracy are just as bad as Troys.

Didn't Alex beat the Warner led Cards last season from the Gun?

Maybe you should do some research?

~Ceadder
  • cools
  • Veteran
Morgan rarely seems to make that "extra" effort to get a ball

Crabs should move to flanker in 2011 and find a split end in free agency or the draft

use morgan as a back up split end
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Crabs is playing fine, once we get a legit QB/system he will be great

Still our others WRs

THIS. Troy is ok now and can get better or this is all he is got. We need legit O line and Legit qb and then Crabs will shine. VD still is our best weapon like he showed today YET we dont use him. I dont get it, I just dont get what these guys are thinking not using our best weapon at receiver.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

You need quickness, not speed. Speed will get you separation only on deep routes if you don't get jammed at the LOS.

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
You guys are hilarious. New England won Super Bowls and so did the 49ers in years past with "no-name" receivers. The core problem is the people designing and calling the plays. Add to this poor coaching by Sullivan and there you have it - a sucky WR corps that can't seem to get open.

If Sullivan is still using Zeigler in practices to "show" other WRs how to run routes and how to play WR, you have to ask yourself WTF? Why wasn't this guy on the field if he's the most reliable route runner. It's s**t like that I've read over the years that just doesn't add up.

Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Brent Jones are no name receivers?

LOL
  • cools
  • Veteran
Billick kinda summed it up regarding Troy, I forget the exact words

he praised him for his leadership skills, work ethic and arm strength,
but trashed him for his accuracy and decision making
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Our receivers are pretty good. we have a top 5 TE in Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker is a mismatch for anyone.. Crabtree is ready to breakout but doesnt have a solid QB to work with and needs more targets, Morgan is a decent #2 and Ginn is quick, fast and is a big play when the ball is on target...

Imagine Manning or Brady throwing to these guys, or even Rivers or Rodgers or Brees!!! the WR corps would get ALOT MOREE recognition..

With Troy Smith, we arent targeting Crabs and Davis enough..

We need to start Alex next week and just let him sling it from the spread now that we have Westbrook, he'd be more comfortable than Gore in the spread with the sweeps and screens..

Well I said the tightends were not the problem. Our tightends are great, but Ginn is like a stone handed cheetah out there, I've seen this guy alligator arming it several times this year as well as costly drops. Morgan only seems to get open against weak teams like the Cardinals but when we need him to show up against good teams like Green Bay, he's just not getting it done.

I do agree with you though that Alex should be starting now. Not that he's that much better than Troy but atleast he gets the ball to Vernon.

None of the Smiths should start. The last thing I want is for Alex to be even considered the starter because he had a few decent games. Plus, he has not even been able to proove that he can win in the shot-gun. His decision making and accuracy are just as bad as Troys.

Didn't Alex beat the Warner led Cards last season from the Gun?

Maybe you should do some research?

~Ceadder

NO. I don't need to do any research. His sorry ass record speaks for itself and the fact that you would say some stupid s**t like that speaks volumes regarding your limitations. Hill won the first game and the defense won that game last year on Monday night with seven turnovers while Alex was a whopping 19 of 35 for 144 yards. He did have two TD's though. But, the real star on offense was Gore who had more yards rushing than Smith had passing; Frank Gore ran for 167 yards. So WTF are you talking about?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They aren't very good. Crabtree is pretty good although not great. We lack speed at all WR positions except Ginn and he is more a return guy. Plus we don't have a real big WR like Vincent Jackson.

I could see the Rams and Seahawks strongly pursing Vincent Jackson in the offseason. Rams would very much like to give Sam Bradford a weapon.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They aren't very good. Crabtree is pretty good although not great. We lack speed at all WR positions except Ginn and he is more a return guy. Plus we don't have a real big WR like Vincent Jackson.

I could see the Rams and Seahawks strongly pursing Vincent Jackson in the offseason. Rams would very much like to give Sam Bradford a weapon.

Unfortunately Bradford is a weapon, a big time wideout would just add the cape to the Clark Kent that is Sam Bradford. Damn the Rams, they had their time in this division, as did the Cards and Seachickens. It's our turn again now!
Share 49ersWebzone