There are 230 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
play calling, coaching and lack of execution will all lead to alex smith not lighting it up

Anthony Davis should also be a factor.

ALEX DEEP 55 YARD PASS TO VD TOUCHDOWN!!!!

oh wait, Anthony Davis got called for holding, can't believe I didn't expect that.

So if Alex connects with a bomb this Sunday, take a second before screaming, and see if there's a flag.

been doing that for 6 years.

You'd think that you would be used to it by now...
I am hoping some how Troy gets back on the field
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

why? So the offense can become limited in play selection and even more predictable and easier to contain?
I hope we get blown out like game 1
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I hope we get blown out like game 1

Gotta love so called fans with this mentality.
Originally posted by backontop:

why? So the offense can become limited in play selection and even more predictable and easier to contain?

I thought it was more predictable with Alex Smith in his 47 starts. At least Troy gives you the feeling that they can strike up a TD in 1 or 2 plays. NEVER had that feeling with Alex.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I thought it was more predictable with Alex Smith in his 47 starts. At least Troy gives you the feeling that they can strike up a TD in 1 or 2 plays. NEVER had that feeling with Alex.

that is all Troy Smith is good for though. If it isn't a big play it isn't going to happen. Troy Smith can not drive the team down the field. All he can do is throw a few big passes and the rest of the game he is pretty much useless.

that is all Troy Smith is good for though. If it isn't a big play it isn't going to happen. Troy Smith can not drive the team down the field. All he can do is throw a few big passes and the rest of the game he is pretty much useless.

I prefer 25 check down / run plays that burns 9 minutes off the clock to get to the 35 and then punt. Tires the other teams D so we can strike on the next drive.

He can drive the team down field. Alex is the one with the issues between the 20's. We may run more plays with Alex, but the outcome is always the same with him. If the running game isn't moving the ball between the 20's, then Alex is ineffective. It's the same routes with Alex also mixed in with a few rollout throwaways or overthrows.

Let's just face it. Alex sucks. Troy isn't that great either but if ANYONE can be excused for its him considering his situation with the limited time.

He can drive the team down field. Alex is the one with the issues between the 20's. We may run more plays with Alex, but the outcome is always the same with him. If the running game isn't moving the ball between the 20's, then Alex is ineffective. It's the same routes with Alex also mixed in with a few rollout throwaways or overthrows.

Let's just face it. Alex sucks. Troy isn't that great either but if ANYONE can be excused for its him considering his situation with the limited time.

yes and that limited time also comes with a limited playbook.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
When was the last time Alex Smith was without Frank Gore??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think this may be the first time EVER. Excitement!

Utah

If Alex Smith tears it up without Gore would it be safe to say that Singletary's mancrush on Frank Gore was holding Alex Smith back?

If Alex Smith tears it up without Gore would it be safe to say that Singletary's mancrush on Frank Gore was holding Alex Smith back?

Gotta do it 3 games in a row. That was my measurement on Troy and he disappointed. The first team won't know what hit them. The second team does and we counter. The third team has seen both and is the true test.
Share 49ersWebzone