There are 281 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
f**k singletary
Can anybody remember how you felt the week leading up to the last time we played Seattle?

Seattle had just cut Houshmandzadeh, Alex Gibbs had just resigned and Tyler Polumbus was their starting LT.

We were coming off an undefeated pre-season, we were the consensus pick to easily win the division and we had . . . . CONTINUITY.

When I think about perceptions most of us had leading up to 1:00 PM on September 12, 2010 it really hammers home how truly miserable this season has been.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Can anybody remember how you felt the week leading up to the last time we played Seattle?

Seattle had just cut Houshmandzadeh, Alex Gibbs had just resigned and Tyler Polumbus was their starting LT.

We were coming off an undefeated pre-season, we were the consensus pick to easily win the division and we had . . . . CONTINUITY.

When I think about perceptions most of us had leading up to 1:00 PM on September 12, 2010 it really hammers home how truly miserable this season has been.

Most of us forgot the wildcard.

Alex Smith and Coach Sing.

A recipe for disaster.
I am sure this has been said many times before, but if there were ever a time to just attack offensivley and defensivley (THE WHOLE GAME), this is it. Literally, we have nothing to lose.

Seattle is very weak defensively and their offense is just based off timing. The reason they have sucess against us is because we like to sit back and play off the LOS. Manusky needs to dial up some inside pressure and have these CB's get their hands on the WR's. It seems so simple but yet, we continue to get beat playing the SAME conservative style over and over

Offensively, we need to put Alex in his comfort environment and spread 'em out. They are not talented enough for our personnel but our scheme allows them to be. Get away from the norm that is not working and spread these guys out and let 'er rip. Lets Go Niners!!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Well since we have a quarterback that is better than Phillip rivers we should win out.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

A recipe for disaster.

We foolishly convinced ourselves, "if they can just be average, we will be okay". Boy were we wrong!
Originally posted by SJniner7:

A recipe for disaster.

We foolishly convinced ourselves, "if they can just be average, we will be okay". Boy were we wrong!

Evidently we were foolish to believe we could be average . . . average would be a huge step forward for this team.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

A recipe for disaster.

Evidently we were foolish to believe we could be average . . . average would be a huge step forward for this team.

Actually we were going in the right direction untill for some reason this year we stopped calling plays that were winning games.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Quote:
Mike Silver

If Alex Smith somehow led the 49ers to the playoffs and saved Mike Singletary’s job, would Niners fans boo him even more loudly?

Quote:
Jason Cole

Will Mike Singletary be the next head coach to get fired? Oh heck, it doesn’t matter, he’s done regardless. That offense is awful.

LMAO
[ Edited by FL9er on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:46 AM ]
So when do you guys think the booing and the "we want Troy" chants will start ?
Originally posted by susweel:

I hope as soon as Alex steps on the field.

That would be classic, it just might reason enough to watch this game.

Yep, and all that optimism was due to hype, speculation, all talk no REAL games played.

That would be classic, it just might reason enough to watch this game.

I'm thinking about not even watching this sunday