There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Originally posted by LanceQ:
I see this post has alot of Zoners uptight. Many folks on here are very sensitive over this topic. People know deep down if there FANS or not for our team. I think this poll was really about your intial feeling. Of course you don't want to see our guys loose. Some people here need to relax.

Some are satisfied with their team winning 7 games, which would include some meaningless final games. This will make them feel good about themselves. This also may allow Singletary to stay, and that is a loss to the franchise.

I see a "win" by the team tanking, going 4-12, and forcing management to make a move, thereby allowing the team to select a coach who knows how to win.....consistently.

Those that think it is impossible to see Singletary fired with a 7-9 record obviously forget the Nolan years. I want the reassurance he is gone, and only a horrific final overall record will ensure that dumping.
Originally posted by DMiller2007:
Where is your proof that he's gone if we lose? I want written documentation signed by Jed. If you don't have that then you're speculating as much as us that think he's gone either way. Cheer for your team or your not a fan. period.
What? You are definitely not one of the "smart" fans, lol.
You say that you want proof that he's gone whether we win or lose. And you're cheering against your team until he's gone. Where us your proof that he's definitely gone if we go 4-12? Yeah he most likely will be but what else happens in that case? Prospective coaches don't want to take over a horrible team? Young players never gain confidence they can perform? Vets lose faith the team will ever contend and leave for other places? financial backers lose interest in the team and the stadium never gets built? All I'm saying is that losing can lead to A LOT more than sing getting fired. So I'm going to keep cheering for this team to win. If they win, awesome. If they lose then oh well. I'm not cheering for losses and pretending that only good things can come from losing. That just sounds ridiculous.
Originally posted by DMiller2007:
You say that you want proof that he's gone whether we win or lose. And you're cheering against your team until he's gone. Where us your proof that he's definitely gone if we go 4-12? Yeah he most likely will be but what else happens in that case? Prospective coaches don't want to take over a horrible team? Young players never gain confidence they can perform? Vets lose faith the team will ever contend and leave for other places? financial backers lose interest in the team and the stadium never gets built? All I'm saying is that losing can lead to A LOT more than sing getting fired. So I'm going to keep cheering for this team to win. If they win, awesome. If they lose then oh well. I'm not cheering for losses and pretending that only good things can come from losing. That just sounds ridiculous.
Wait! So your actually saying that if Singletary loses out the rest of the season there's a chance he might stay? Dude, where is your logic and reason? Seriously.
sing is out this year pretty much no matter what, unless he pulls a miracle and wins a playoff game
I said he is most likely out if he loses out but neither of us know that for a fact. Maybe jed gives him a chance to save his job and he convinces him he should get more time. I'm just saying there isn't a law saying he has to be fired if he loses out. And the fact that the only point you addressed from my entire post is me saying there is a slim chance he keeps his job means you know the other parts are true. Cheer for your team and let the pieces fall where they may. Enjoy wins and hope for a change back to glory. Cheer for them to fire sing but don't stop hoping for wins.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I see this post has alot of Zoners uptight. Many folks on here are very sensitive over this topic. People know deep down if there FANS or not for our team. I think this poll was really about your intial feeling. Of course you don't want to see our guys loose. Some people here need to relax.

Some are satisfied with their team winning 7 games, which would include some meaningless final games. This will make them feel good about themselves. This also may allow Singletary to stay, and that is a loss to the franchise.

I see a "win" by the team tanking, going 4-12, and forcing management to make a move, thereby allowing the team to select a coach who knows how to win.....consistently.

Those that think it is impossible to see Singletary fired with a 7-9 record obviously forget the Nolan years. I want the reassurance he is gone, and only a horrific final overall record will ensure that dumping.

bahaha. Still don't think Singletary is not getting fired at the end of the season? Just because Nolan got another year. You don't think Jed learned from that? He had to fore Nolan mid season. I think he learned from his decision. He already made the right choice by not firing Sing mid season like he did Nolan.

Everyone is telling him how much MNF clowned on the NFL west. Gruden even said the league should step in and let another team in. So its obvious that Jed knows that even if the Niners make the playoffs, we don't deserve it. He sees all the useless timeouts and delay of games. He sees the lack of preparation.

I don't know why you hold on to your beleif that somehow Jed might let Sing stay. Even though there are already reports of Jed shindigging with Harbaugh and other rumors of Gruden and Holmgrom. Sing is done after the season. Jed even said he is keeping sing until the end of this year. If he made a statement like that he is going to let him go.

I'm assuming that you are not going to watch them the rest of this year. If you did it would be sad to watch a team to root for them to lose. You are going to miss one hell of an ending.

Those of you that want better draft picks, yeh, you get better talent with those early round picks. But if you insert a good enough system, the NFL talent you already have should be successful. I'd rather see the playoffs this year even if we limp in at 7-9. It would be more exiting then getting the high draft picks.

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 2, 2010 at 17:53:21 ]
47%

R u guys serious?!



If you want your team to lose, then go somewhere else!!!!



No team should have fans like these. It doesn't fit the definition for sure!

"An ardent devotee"

This certainly is NOT devotion.
Originally posted by ninertico:
47%

R u guys serious?!



If you want your team to lose, then go somewhere else!!!!



No team should have fans like these. It doesn't fit the definition for sure!

"An ardent devotee"

This certainly is NOT devotion.

I know. Even when we were 1-14 i was rooting for a W. I hate when people talk s**t. We had all those high draft picks back then too and we still suck! Whatever, we are stilll in the hunt. My roomate, Cowboy fan, would kill to be in whatever hunt. His footbal spirit is dead. Thier post season hopes are dead. We are still alive and kicking.

Hey, if we make the playoffs, its not necessarily true that we willl get whomped. If you think about it, we were able to stay with all the best teams in the NFC. ATL, Phily, NO were all close games. I can't explain the Buc loss. Lets see how we match up with GB. Lets hit em in the throat, cause hitting em in the mouth aint working!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I see this post has alot of Zoners uptight. Many folks on here are very sensitive over this topic. People know deep down if there FANS or not for our team. I think this poll was really about your intial feeling. Of course you don't want to see our guys loose. Some people here need to relax.

Some are satisfied with their team winning 7 games, which would include some meaningless final games. This will make them feel good about themselves. This also may allow Singletary to stay, and that is a loss to the franchise.

I see a "win" by the team tanking, going 4-12, and forcing management to make a move, thereby allowing the team to select a coach who knows how to win.....consistently.

Those that think it is impossible to see Singletary fired with a 7-9 record obviously forget the Nolan years. I want the reassurance he is gone, and only a horrific final overall record will ensure that dumping.

bahaha. Still don't think Singletary is not getting fired at the end of the season? Just because Nolan got another year. You don't think Jed learned from that? He had to fore Nolan mid season. I think he learned from his decision. He already made the right choice by not firing Sing mid season like he did Nolan.

Everyone is telling him how much MNF clowned on the NFL west. Gruden even said the league should step in and let another team in. So its obvious that Jed knows that even if the Niners make the playoffs, we don't deserve it. He sees all the useless timeouts and delay of games. He sees the lack of preparation.

I don't know why you hold on to your beleif that somehow Jed might let Sing stay. Even though there are already reports of Jed shindigging with Harbaugh and other rumors of Gruden and Holmgrom. Sing is done after the season. Jed even said he is keeping sing until the end of this year. If he made a statement like that he is going to let him go.

I'm assuming that you are not going to watch them the rest of this year. If you did it would be sad to watch a team to root for them to lose. You are going to miss one hell of an ending.

Those of you that want better draft picks, yeh, you get better talent with those early round picks. But if you insert a good enough system, the NFL talent you already have should be successful. I'd rather see the playoffs this year even if we limp in at 7-9. It would be more exiting then getting the high draft picks.

Agreed! You guys that want them to lose might as well stop watching. What is worse, hoping they lose while making your Sunday's more productive or watching and cheering for the other team's big plays? Why even come to this forum? By doing that, you are supporting the team which you would rather see lose...
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is pretty funny to hear all the deranged rants by the "true fans", the "real fans". The bottom line is the faster we get rid of Singletary, the better chance of success in the future.

I guess the "real fans" enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. Lose out, get rid of Singletary sooner rather than later, and let's build a winner with someone who knows what they are doing.
Finally someone sane speaks up. I don't understand how the "true" fans don't understand long term success for us means getting rid of Sing.

because the "true fans" and the "real fans" are smart enough to figure out that Singeltary is gone this season no matter what(unless we win the superbowl at which at that point would mean that Singletary isn't as bad as we thought). What the "true fans" and the "real fans" can't understand is how you actually call yourself a fan when you are rooting for the team to lose? Isn't that the exact opposite of being a fan? I'm not a fan of the Cowboys and guess what, I root for them to lose. I am not a fan of the Packers, Jets, Raiders, and a lot of other teams. Guess what I root for those teams to lose every single week.

I AM
a fan of the San Fransisco 49ers and I have been since the day I was born. Guess what? I ROOT FOR THEM TO WIN EVERY SINGLE f**kING WEEK!!!!!! NO MATTER WHO THE COACH IS, WHO THE QB IS, NO MATTER WHO THE GOD DAMN WATER BOY IS. This team does not need "FANS" that are rooting against them. So if this is your definition of being a fan, please do the rest of us a favor by leaving the forum and finding another team to be a "FAN" of. Preferably the Cowboys, Packers, Jets or any other team I do not like because personally I feel they could use as many people rooting for them to lose as possible. [/b]

Until Singletary is officially gone, he is not. And, the only way to push the team so far that it has zero option of retaining him is complete and utter failure.

When the team decides to fire him, and move in a new direction, then the team has hope. Until then, I hope it gets so ugly that a Nolan-like survival run (win 4 of the last 6) is not going to happen.

Lose, lose ugly, lose often, lose in humiliating fashion....then we can begin to win, win big, win often, win in glorious fashion. Not a complicated equation.

I guess some people enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. This franchise has been embarrassed enough with Pants-Gate, the quitting of three players, the banning of a TV reporter, the flip-flop of Singletary's statement/decision on Raye, Singletary's flip/flop on his statements on Alex Smith, Singletary's poor on-field decision making, the regression of the defense, the insistance to put players on the field who are not ready, then pull them, shocked they didn't perform at a high level (Mays), while keeping others on the field who have no business (Rachal). And, I am probably leaving off a host of other things that have been a colossal disaster in 2010.

Aren't you embarrassed enough by this coach? Don't you want it to be so bad the team fires him today, rather than hope he gets fired down the road? I do. End this pathetic game, fire this guy, and move on. Until then, tank in glorious, humiliating fashion.

Those are all good reasons Sing is gone after this year no matter what. I don't think jed will make that blunder twice.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is pretty funny to hear all the deranged rants by the "true fans", the "real fans". The bottom line is the faster we get rid of Singletary, the better chance of success in the future.

I guess the "real fans" enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. Lose out, get rid of Singletary sooner rather than later, and let's build a winner with someone who knows what they are doing.
Finally someone sane speaks up. I don't understand how the "true" fans don't understand long term success for us means getting rid of Sing.

because the "true fans" and the "real fans" are smart enough to figure out that Singeltary is gone this season no matter what(unless we win the superbowl at which at that point would mean that Singletary isn't as bad as we thought). What the "true fans" and the "real fans" can't understand is how you actually call yourself a fan when you are rooting for the team to lose? Isn't that the exact opposite of being a fan? I'm not a fan of the Cowboys and guess what, I root for them to lose. I am not a fan of the Packers, Jets, Raiders, and a lot of other teams. Guess what I root for those teams to lose every single week.

I AM
a fan of the San Fransisco 49ers and I have been since the day I was born. Guess what? I ROOT FOR THEM TO WIN EVERY SINGLE f**kING WEEK!!!!!! NO MATTER WHO THE COACH IS, WHO THE QB IS, NO MATTER WHO THE GOD DAMN WATER BOY IS. This team does not need "FANS" that are rooting against them. So if this is your definition of being a fan, please do the rest of us a favor by leaving the forum and finding another team to be a "FAN" of. Preferably the Cowboys, Packers, Jets or any other team I do not like because personally I feel they could use as many people rooting for them to lose as possible. [/b]

Until Singletary is officially gone, he is not. And, the only way to push the team so far that it has zero option of retaining him is complete and utter failure.

When the team decides to fire him, and move in a new direction, then the team has hope. Until then, I hope it gets so ugly that a Nolan-like survival run (win 4 of the last 6) is not going to happen.

Lose, lose ugly, lose often, lose in humiliating fashion....then we can begin to win, win big, win often, win in glorious fashion. Not a complicated equation.

I guess some people enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. This franchise has been embarrassed enough with Pants-Gate, the quitting of three players, the banning of a TV reporter, the flip-flop of Singletary's statement/decision on Raye, Singletary's flip/flop on his statements on Alex Smith, Singletary's poor on-field decision making, the regression of the defense, the insistance to put players on the field who are not ready, then pull them, shocked they didn't perform at a high level (Mays), while keeping others on the field who have no business (Rachal). And, I am probably leaving off a host of other things that have been a colossal disaster in 2010.

Aren't you embarrassed enough by this coach? Don't you want it to be so bad the team fires him today, rather than hope he gets fired down the road? I do. End this pathetic game, fire this guy, and move on. Until then, tank in glorious, humiliating fashion.

Those are all good reasons Sing is gone after this year no matter what. I don't think jed will make that blunder twice.

The tidal wave of emotions on the board dictate the response on this particular thread. Once the Niners are destroyed on Sunday at GB, there will only be a small handful of "fans" who will continue to have warm feeling about the team and the future in 2010, and continue to cheer for the team, despite knowing this only enables Singletary to make a case to keep his job.

A little over a week ago, I predicted the Niners would lose to the Bucs, and the board would temporarily abandon this season, giving up all hope, and cheering for Singletary to fail so badly that management would have to fire him. I then predicted that the Niners would beat the lowly Cards, and these same "fans" would go back to the delusional idea that this season is salvageable. It is not. This season is a colossal failure, and it all falls on the feet of Singletary.

For those who state that they would never cheer for their team to lose, because they are the true "fans", they are liars, and hypocrits. If the team was in a scenario this season where a loss in the last game of the year would ensure Andrew Luck in the draft, and a win would end that scenario, they would reluctantly cheer for the opposition. Why? Because they see the picture long-term. How much more of an impact would a coach that is a proven winner have on this team?

The bottom line is that losing means winning, and winning means losing if it keeps Singletary in contention to keep the job. I chose short-term colossal failure for the guarantee of a new beginning, with a better prospect of winning.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is pretty funny to hear all the deranged rants by the "true fans", the "real fans". The bottom line is the faster we get rid of Singletary, the better chance of success in the future.

I guess the "real fans" enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. Lose out, get rid of Singletary sooner rather than later, and let's build a winner with someone who knows what they are doing.
Finally someone sane speaks up. I don't understand how the "true" fans don't understand long term success for us means getting rid of Sing.

because the "true fans" and the "real fans" are smart enough to figure out that Singeltary is gone this season no matter what(unless we win the superbowl at which at that point would mean that Singletary isn't as bad as we thought). What the "true fans" and the "real fans" can't understand is how you actually call yourself a fan when you are rooting for the team to lose? Isn't that the exact opposite of being a fan? I'm not a fan of the Cowboys and guess what, I root for them to lose. I am not a fan of the Packers, Jets, Raiders, and a lot of other teams. Guess what I root for those teams to lose every single week.

I AM
a fan of the San Fransisco 49ers and I have been since the day I was born. Guess what? I ROOT FOR THEM TO WIN EVERY SINGLE f**kING WEEK!!!!!! NO MATTER WHO THE COACH IS, WHO THE QB IS, NO MATTER WHO THE GOD DAMN WATER BOY IS. This team does not need "FANS" that are rooting against them. So if this is your definition of being a fan, please do the rest of us a favor by leaving the forum and finding another team to be a "FAN" of. Preferably the Cowboys, Packers, Jets or any other team I do not like because personally I feel they could use as many people rooting for them to lose as possible. [/b]

Until Singletary is officially gone, he is not. And, the only way to push the team so far that it has zero option of retaining him is complete and utter failure.

When the team decides to fire him, and move in a new direction, then the team has hope. Until then, I hope it gets so ugly that a Nolan-like survival run (win 4 of the last 6) is not going to happen.

Lose, lose ugly, lose often, lose in humiliating fashion....then we can begin to win, win big, win often, win in glorious fashion. Not a complicated equation.

I guess some people enjoy our mediocrity. I don't. This franchise has been embarrassed enough with Pants-Gate, the quitting of three players, the banning of a TV reporter, the flip-flop of Singletary's statement/decision on Raye, Singletary's flip/flop on his statements on Alex Smith, Singletary's poor on-field decision making, the regression of the defense, the insistance to put players on the field who are not ready, then pull them, shocked they didn't perform at a high level (Mays), while keeping others on the field who have no business (Rachal). And, I am probably leaving off a host of other things that have been a colossal disaster in 2010.

Aren't you embarrassed enough by this coach? Don't you want it to be so bad the team fires him today, rather than hope he gets fired down the road? I do. End this pathetic game, fire this guy, and move on. Until then, tank in glorious, humiliating fashion.

Those are all good reasons Sing is gone after this year no matter what. I don't think jed will make that blunder twice.

The tidal wave of emotions on the board dictate the response on this particular thread. Once the Niners are destroyed on Sunday at GB, there will only be a small handful of "fans" who will continue to have warm feeling about the team and the future in 2010, and continue to cheer for the team, despite knowing this only enables Singletary to make a case to keep his job.

A little over a week ago, I predicted the Niners would lose to the Bucs, and the board would temporarily abandon this season, giving up all hope, and cheering for Singletary to fail so badly that management would have to fire him. I then predicted that the Niners would beat the lowly Cards, and these same "fans" would go back to the delusional idea that this season is salvageable. It is not. This season is a colossal failure, and it all falls on the feet of Singletary.

For those who state that they would never cheer for their team to lose, because they are the true "fans", they are liars, and hypocrits. If the team was in a scenario this season where a loss in the last game of the year would ensure Andrew Luck in the draft, and a win would end that scenario, they would reluctantly cheer for the opposition. Why? Because they see the picture long-term. How much more of an impact would a coach that is a proven winner have on this team?

The bottom line is that losing means winning, and winning means losing if it keeps Singletary in contention to keep the job. I chose short-term colossal failure for the guarantee of a new beginning, with a better prospect of winning.

See my other posts regarding. If that whole "I want sing gone" thing is the only string you are holding onto, thats weak. Win lose or draw next week, ill let my emotions roll just like everyone else who cheered this week. Have fun watching NASCAR. I hope you don't watch the niners to cheer a loss. Thats weak.
I want new Management and a coaching staff next year, along with an NFL QB.

If we can still get that with winning this year, then I'm fine with it.

I just want a team that can compete for a super bowl, not one that can somehow sneak into the playoffs with a losing record.

I will still cheer for them this year, but I know they are not a good team, by far, and don't deserve to go to the playoffs without a winning record.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by backontop:
really! 41% of so called fans want the 49ers to lose? WTF kind of fans are you if you are rooting for your team to lose?
We are the smart fans. What are you?

the smart fans? How does rooting for your so called favorite team to lose make you smart? Please enlighten me on this. Let me take a guess at it first. You want us to lose so Singletary gets fired right? You call yourself the smart fans but yet you can't even recognize the fact that Singeltary is out of here despite if we win or lose. But yeaa you're the "smart fans" You keep on telling yourself that and maybe one day your IQ will have more than 1 digit.
Well, ok. If your the smart fan then I know you can have documented proof that Singletary's going to be fired even if we win out. Can you please provide a link?

If you can't provide documentation then you have proven my point.

The only GUARANTEED way to get Sing fired is to lose games. That is the only thing that ensures we are freed from Sing's chains. The only way.

Now please provide me with your absolute and verifiable proof that Sing gets fired even if they win out.

I could ask the same thing, where is the proof that Singletary is gone if we lose? I want to see written documentation from the Yorks that if we lose Singletary will be fired. It is pure speculation on both sides except most people are aware that Singletary will be gone either way.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home