LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

I want the team to win every game, period.
Why the F*** would you want your team to lose? That is the dumbest question ever. And I am quite sure that most if not all of who wanted us to lose last night never played a team athletics sport.
Originally posted by thaakingd:
Why the F*** would you want your team to lose? That is the dumbest question ever. And I am quite sure that most if not all of who wanted us to lose last night never played a team athletics sport.

Well I guess Madden football doesn't count? Awww Shucks!
I can't recall if I wanted the Niners to lose on Monday Night....

I'll have to go back and review the film...
Of course I want the team to win, what a ridiculous question.

They're not going to get rid of Singletary before the season ends, there is no one to replace him right now. Even if Singletary wins out (which he won't), they're going to get rid of him and go in a different direction.

The fact that if the team wins, it'll be in spite of Singletary and not because of him.

That fact would be more encouraging to a potential head coach than if they had no talent at all (like just before Mike Nolan got here). There is some talent here, it's just being misused and underutilized.

[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Dec 1, 2010 at 12:19:51 ]
As long as we have as shot at the playoffs I want them to win. The truth is that after we are out of the playoff hunt every win hurts our draft position.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Losing the game against the saints...falcons and The fn panthers..sealed the deal for me

That being said

I NEVER EVER ROOT FOR MY 49ERS TO LOSE...I WILL NEVER DO IT...NO MATTER HOW HARD WE SUCK

[ Edited by dmax on Dec 1, 2010 at 12:50:26 ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
What kind of s**t is this?

People amaze me.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Of course I want the team to win, what a ridiculous question.

They're not going to get rid of Singletary before the season ends, there is no one to replace him right now. Even if Singletary wins out (which he won't), they're going to get rid of him and go in a different direction.

The fact that if the team wins, it'll be in spite of Singletary and not because of him.

That fact would be more encouraging to a potential head coach than if they had no talent at all (like just before Mike Nolan got here). There is some talent here, it's just being misused and underutilized.

You're setting yourself for a major letdown. If we make it to the playoffs, and win at least one game, Singletary is going to be retained. Fans that blame the head coach on everything aren't really taken serious by organizations, and results are all that matters. Eagles Fans have been calling for Andy Reid's head for years, and he keeps his job because he produces wins, simple as that.
It is impossible for me to root against them. Instinct just takes over when I watch the games.

But good God, I want to see this team finally restructure properly & join the big leagues in how to run a NFL team. Get a good GM. Cut out all the do nothing FO people. Get a head coach that is a real strategist, teacher, game manager, and is creative with the offense. Get a real quarterback.

If they squeak along, and do 'just enough' to keep justify not restructuring, well we are going to keep seeing garbage football indefinately.

Draft picks don't guarantee anything so, no. Of course losing brings Singletary closer to the door, but even I can't root for failure, ESPECIALLY when it's against a division rival.
Quiters never win and winners never quit. If you are a quiter you should get off the team.

As much as I like Singletary the man, as a head coach he is inflexible and archiac, and have grown tired of his philosophy. In fact if you read the article about how he wants dixon to change his running style to thunder instead of lightning, just so he can conform to his vision was the last nail in the coffin. It is one thing to correct bad habits of a player, it is one thing to add to his dimension, but to change him altogether and not make use of use natural gift is just plain near sightedness.

Still, I don't want to lose/tank, it means we have quiters and the talent is that bad, it really isn't, we are a QB and HC away from being a good solid team (not great mind you), along with some free agent aquisitions we could contend, I was hoping this team would be a wild card team, did not expect division or conference champ.
What the f**k is wrong with you people?! Why is this even being entertained as an actual argument?! I'm usually not overly judgemental, but YOU ARE NOT A FAN IF YOU WANT YOUR TEAM TO LOSE, period. f**k this "we're positioning ourselves for the draft" crap - not even going into the fact that the draft is largely a crapshoot anyway, I'd much rather NOT have the Niners finish in the cellar and be able to take some level of pride in this team rather than see another 5 weeks of s**tty football so we can get excited about the draft. Jesus, I cannot believe a 3rd of the people who looked at this actually think losing is preferable.
Originally posted by ianna:
I want the team to win every game, period.
So you're willing to take responsibility if the ownership decides to keep Singletary?
Share 49ersWebzone