There are 200 users in the forums

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

never root against your own team....its just foul
Hell no!

There is no quit in this man and I hope to God there is no quit in this team, EVER!

I could care less if we post a big old 0fer in the season record, so long as the team goes out and puts up a legitimate fight. I don't give a crap who will be available only to the 1st 5 spots in the draft.

I didn't care that Reggie Bush was available. Don't care if Luck will be available this year. If the teams started tanking games just to get a guy the talking heads feel is the best player available #1 overall, I guarantee you that the League will punish them in some fashion. Gambling ain't allowed for the players and the teams but we condone mailing it in to get the best position in the draft?

If you are one of those that want us to lose just for better draft position, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

If it's because of Sing? Same rule applies. I don't like it any more than anybody else that it could save his job. But that's not for us to decide or hope for Losses. That's just straight up childish. I for one would hope that we Win and Sing learns from his mistakes. He's in his second year. They signed him to a 5 year deal. If they fire him do you HONESTLY think they'll be more inclined to pay top dollar to the next guy when they're on the hook for Nolan's final year +3 for Sing's contract? C'mon you know better than that. I don't care who the owner is, they won't be wanting to pay 3 guys for one guy doing the job. AND Raye is still being paid(unless they came to an agreement)too?

But I guess making crazy demands is a fan's right. Nevermind how stupid the demand may be.

BTW Once again, I told y'all what we were in for with Sing at the helm. That's not to say I do or do not support him, that's just saying that people need to think things through before wishing for change.

I would take just about anyone over Sing but it's not pragmatic to hope for change in personnel. An it chaffs my hide when I read pundits spinning rumors about Sing being gone at the end of the season. I'll believe it when I see it happen. Not one moment before.

~Ceadder
I will NEVER root for us to lose. On every Sunday(that we have a game of course) I will be screaming at my TV rooting for the 49ers.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
i never want to see the niners lose... but at the same time, i want singletary gone asap. i'm a confused man. haha
  • jrg
  • Veteran
f**k no.

I don't care if it keeps our coach.

I don't care if we lose out on some draft pick.

I don't care about any of that s**t.

I want the 49ers to win every single week.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I can't believe 40% of people wanted to lose!!!

I always root for the win, regardless of the situation. We are not going to be in the running for Luck, that is pretty obvious. We will likely finish somewhere around 6-10. Worse case scenario, we would finish 4-12, with several teams that seriously need a QB.

Regardless of the draft, I still want the Niners to win. It would take a few playoff victories to save Sing's job, which is not going to happen

haha a few your funny. It would take a superbowl ring to save his job, and selling his ring to jed doesn't count.
I always want to win.

In this case I think there are enough solid QBs in the draft, we don't need to go first (And I have hope for Troy)

Secondly, every time the team plays in dominate fashion it highlights how much thy have UNDER performed, despite their obvious talent, so Sing looks bad.

At this point Sing can't win, if he loses it is because he can't coach, f he wins it is to little to late, and a glaring reminder of our preseason hopes.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
NEVER been a fan of tanking the season. Shows you are gutless and have no pride. Hate sing or not but he does not let his players quit neither will Willis, Spikes, Gore and others on our team. Luck might not even declare no point in tanking.
Nope

7-9 might win this pig and, as the Giants showed, anything can happen in the playoffs.

Andrew Luck has not declared. He might not come out and even if he does there is no guarantee that we would get him.

We had the #1 overall pick and Luck would come into ULTRA high expectations (the Savior of the Savior (Alex)) from the local can't miss-school. The Next John Elway blah blah blah.

Even if Luck goes to another team, does he become Stafford or Bradford, or Jamorca.

You just don't know.

Even if he starts his career out ok, what if he gets injured or develops a drug or gambling or hooker habit. Or, he decides to retire after his rookie year because God calls him. Only to get caught packing months later

Too many ifs. No one is saying that Luck is a can't miss NFL QB.

This team lacks the coaching staff to develop a #1 overall QB in the proper manner.
I never want the niners to lose no matter what!

Originally posted by jrg:
f**k no.

I don't care if it keeps our coach.

I don't care if we lose out on some draft pick.

I don't care about any of that s**t.

I want the 49ers to win every single week.
I'm not going to say I wanted my team to lose but I understand that in the long run we are better off losing and am not really going to be too mad if we do.

I really want Luck on this team. My greatest fear is that the Cards get Luck and we have to face Bradford and Luck four times a year (imo the 2 best QB prospects to come out since Big Ben, Rivers and Manning in '04) while we're stuck in NFL pergatory: not bad enough to get a legit franchise QB but not good enough to be a Super Bowl contender.
Yes, still do. We need a QB and a CB by winning (beating crap teams) we are proving nothing at all. Its pushing us further and further away from a top pick which we need. Plus if we somehow get into the playoffs its not because we are good its because the division is s**t. We have a coaching staff who is stubborn and refuses to make adjustments, and play players. They don't deserve to make playoffs. Winning these crap games just will put us in the teens and early 20s for a pick away from a top qb or cb pick. The best thing we can do is lose
Originally posted by Axl49:
NEVER been a fan of tanking the season. Shows you are gutless and have no pride. Hate sing or not but he does not let his players quit neither will Willis, Spikes, Gore and others on our team. Luck might not even declare no point in tanking.

This. You do not want a young team to tank. Anyway, Luck may be the next Leaf. Or Reggie Bush.
NO.
Share 49ersWebzone