LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

• gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by ninertico:
47%

R u guys serious?!

If you want your team to lose, then go somewhere else!!!!

No team should have fans like these. It doesn't fit the definition for sure!

"An ardent devotee"

This certainly is NOT devotion.

I know. Even when we were 1-14 i was rooting for a W. I hate when people talk s**t. We had all those high draft picks back then too and we still suck! Whatever, we are stilll in the hunt. My roomate, Cowboy fan, would kill to be in whatever hunt. His footbal spirit is dead. Thier post season hopes are dead. We are still alive and kicking.

Hey, if we make the playoffs, its not necessarily true that we willl get whomped. If you think about it, we were able to stay with all the best teams in the NFC. ATL, Phily, NO were all close games. I can't explain the Buc loss. Lets see how we match up with GB. Lets hit em in the throat, cause hitting em in the mouth aint working!

No because I am a niners fan. I dont want them to ever lose. People here kill me. Not one time in my 30+ years of being a fan have I ever hoped they would lose. Thats a true fan.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
This is ridiculous... when I saw this posted I figured it would soon fade into obscurity as the poll would be drastically one sided in favor of I WANT MY TEAM TO WIN.

BUT... I am yet once again both amazed and appalled at the webzone 49er "FAITHFUL"HA!! remind me not to use that term again

How in the hell can you WANT your team to lose... you CANT... not if your a FAN. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Herm Edwards said it best, "You play to win the game" PERIOD.

success breeds success and failure breeds failure... any argument that the team will be better off by LOSING... is flawed at best... and in all reality just wrong.

LOSING is why we are in this spot in the first place. Nobody wants to coach a bunch of losers... No coaches would touch us before... nor coordinators for that matter. A run to the playoffs MIGHT be the only thing that gives us a shot at a legitimate coach like Gruden or Harbaugh... I PROMISE you neither of those guys wants to come into a rebuilding project... but a playoff team on the rise, now thats another story. AND you can bet your fairweather ass that if Jed has a shot at someone like that he is going to take it... he HAS to.

Sing will be gone... I don't care if we don't lose another game for the rest of the season.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I'm pulled in two directions. I wanted us to win because I really like Troy Smith. I wanted us to lose because I really want Luck in the draft. I think I wanted us to lose more than I wanted us to win. Also, there is still the possibilty we win the division, and I definitely don't want that! That would free fall us down the draft board no matter what happens after that.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
I'm pulled in two directions. I wanted us to win because I really like Troy Smith. I wanted us to lose because I really want Luck in the draft. I think I wanted us to lose more than I wanted us to win. Also, there is still the possibilty we win the division, and I definitely don't want that! That would free fall us down the draft board no matter what happens after that.

I guess maybe I don't get draft crushes like a lot of you. I went to K-State, huge Josh Freeman fan... I would have loved to have him on the 9ers, but there was no guarantee that he would do anything in the pros. So if it happened awesome we'll see how it goes, if not... oh well. Michael Crabtree has really been the ONLY guy I've had a 9er draft crush on.... I wanted the 9ers to draft him so bad... well, you see how thats worked out so far.

The last thing I want is to lose a bunch of games (which will reduce our pool of GOOD potential coaches and send us right back to the pool that we plucked Nolan and Singletary... hopefully not the one from which Ericson came), Draft a QB (especially) high in the draft, be forced to start him and end up with another Alex Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf... that we are paying a bunch of money too for nothing.

there is nothing good that can come from losing. At least with Winning, there is WINNING!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I see this post has alot of Zoners uptight. Many folks on here are very sensitive over this topic. People know deep down if there FANS or not for our team. I think this poll was really about your intial feeling. Of course you don't want to see our guys loose. Some people here need to relax.

Some are satisfied with their team winning 7 games, which would include some meaningless final games. This will make them feel good about themselves. This also may allow Singletary to stay, and that is a loss to the franchise.

I see a "win" by the team tanking, going 4-12, and forcing management to make a move, thereby allowing the team to select a coach who knows how to win.....consistently.

Those that think it is impossible to see Singletary fired with a 7-9 record obviously forget the Nolan years. I want the reassurance he is gone, and only a horrific final overall record will ensure that dumping.

bahaha. Still don't think Singletary is not getting fired at the end of the season? Just because Nolan got another year. You don't think Jed learned from that? He had to fore Nolan mid season. I think he learned from his decision. He already made the right choice by not firing Sing mid season like he did Nolan.

Everyone is telling him how much MNF clowned on the NFL west. Gruden even said the league should step in and let another team in. So its obvious that Jed knows that even if the Niners make the playoffs, we don't deserve it. He sees all the useless timeouts and delay of games. He sees the lack of preparation.

I don't know why you hold on to your beleif that somehow Jed might let Sing stay. Even though there are already reports of Jed shindigging with Harbaugh and other rumors of Gruden and Holmgrom. Sing is done after the season. Jed even said he is keeping sing until the end of this year. If he made a statement like that he is going to let him go.

I'm assuming that you are not going to watch them the rest of this year. If you did it would be sad to watch a team to root for them to lose. You are going to miss one hell of an ending.

Those of you that want better draft picks, yeh, you get better talent with those early round picks. But if you insert a good enough system, the NFL talent you already have should be successful. I'd rather see the playoffs this year even if we limp in at 7-9. It would be more exiting then getting the high draft picks.

Agreed! You guys that want them to lose might as well stop watching. What is worse, hoping they lose while making your Sunday's more productive or watching and cheering for the other team's big plays? Why even come to this forum? By doing that, you are supporting the team which you would rather see lose...

God almighty. You Sing supporters lack reason like I've never seen. We want them to lose because we SUPPORT the franchise. Get it? We are thinking of the future and it's prospects, not stuck in the present and it's mediocrity. Don't you understand that? If you do then quit trolling.
I voted NO...
??? = WTF - 41%, of 636 people voted YES !
I Never, ever-ever-ever, wish/want for/that The Niner lose.

Expectations were high, for this season; expectations, are
just that... Reality, is a 4-7 record...with 5 games to be played.

I'm not expecting or preaching winning the Division/Playoffs.
I see this years squad for whom they are - A team with talent,
and promise, having an awful season.
You guys are f**king sad if you want them to lose. We still have a chance for playoffs and this team needs to learn how to win. They won't do that dropping their final games. This team doesn't know what the taste of victory is. A draft pick can always bust. We will have a decent pick or we will be in the playoffs.
How can fans of a team that has two (!) Number one overall draft picks riding the pine behind troy smith, put another highly drafted qb ahead of winning? And we get it. Your minds work simple, loss= sing fired and nothing else. Here's an idea, lets keep the revolving door if coaches going (no I don't want sing back) and have our team never learn how to win, then we can call ourselves the lions. Here's a tip, live for the moment. Don't pretend to be a fortune teller.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

God almighty. You Sing supporters lack reason like I've never seen. We want them to lose because we SUPPORT the franchise. Get it? We are thinking of the future and it's prospects, not stuck in the present and it's mediocrity. Don't you understand that? If you do then quit trolling.

I don't support Sing one bit, but I do support the Niners. I want Sing to be fired as I think he is a bumbling idiot. That still does not mean I want the Niners to lose. Sing is not going to save his job unless we get a few playoff wins.

Who is the troll? The fan that supports his team and wants them to win regardless of the situtation or the person that wants them to lose, hence being a fan of any team they play?

In all likelihood, we finish 6-10 or 5-11. You are convinced that the next HC will be great? As much as we like the Gruden and Harbaugh talk, there is no guarantees. With the Yorks track record, I would bank they make a bad hire before a good one...

In all likelihood, we finish 6-10 or 5-11. You are convinced that the next HC will be great? As much as we like the Gruden and Harbaugh talk, there is no guarantees. With the Yorks track record, I would bank they make a bad hire before a good one...
I AGREE WHIT, WATH WON GRUDEN?.....THAT 2002 TAMPA BAY WAS MADE BY DONGY.....
Lose NO. Just want Sing gone.

For those who state that they would never cheer for their team to lose, because they are the true "fans", they are liars, and hypocrits. .

I never, ever rooted for my team to lose since I was young enough to watch NinerBall on my Dad's lap...ever!

Blanket statements like this only magnify just how self-absorbed you are in your analysis of us as fans.

I still want change after the season, but not at the expense of losing. If it happens that way so be it, but don't come in here and tell me I am a liar and hypocrite because them's fightin' words sir!

Don't assume how we feel as fans. You don't know us personally only the posts we choose to write on this forum.

The audacity, the unmitigated gall!!!! You seriously got some nerve, man.

Still rooting, still hoping, still grounded!

Go Niners forever!!!
suprised there is no beating a dead horse gif posted

or

did i miss it?
Originally posted by ninertico:

For those who state that they would never cheer for their team to lose, because they are the true "fans", they are liars, and hypocrits. .

I never, ever rooted for my team to lose since I was young enough to watch NinerBall on my Dad's lap...ever!

Blanket statements like this only magnify just how self-absorbed you are in your analysis of us as fans.

I still want change after the season, but not at the expense of losing. If it happens that way so be it, but don't come in here and tell me I am a liar and hypocrite because them's fightin' words sir!

Don't assume how we feel as fans. You don't know us personally only the posts we choose to write on this forum.

The audacity, the unmitigated gall!!!! You seriously got some nerve, man.

Still rooting, still hoping, still grounded!

Go Niners forever!!!

So, you are cheering for our team, in the scenario I presented, to win that last meaningless game and lose the rights to Luck? If so, I applaude your passion, but also question your rationale into the long-term health of the franchise. I also remain a skeptic to some degree that deep inside, that is what you really want to see happen. Sorry.

In the end, we both want the Niners to win, I just see losing now as a vehicle to winning down the road.

My premise and thoughts are simply based on the idea that this team will continue to be a failure under Singletary, and the only way to end this failure is to complete the failure and ensure there is no hope for his survival as our head coach.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 3, 2010 at 10:34:54 ]
Share 49ersWebzone