LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll - Did You Want The Niners To Lose? Man Up!

I fully admit that I wanted the niners to lose last night. Not only did I want them to lose, I was rooting for them to lose in the chatroom. That is how bad I want Singletary to get canned ASAP. To make things worse we lose our workhorse because of Singletary's single-minded philosophy of run the ball as much as possible EVEN WHEN ITS NOT WORKING.

So does your support of the team winning equate to support for Singletary? And if you hate Singletary do you want your team to win even though this means that Singletary might stay another year? And if we keep Singletary and we continue our disastrous slide into oblivion will you hold yourself responsible for the debacle?

Vote now, America wants to know!
what a great question! No one on here has ever debated this before.
i dont want to make the playoffs this year

we dont deserve to and unnecisarrily get a 20th pick when we need a top 10 for a CB or a pass rusher
I expect us to go 7-9 and the Rams to go 8-8. we are always a game out of first.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Nov 30, 2010 at 18:36:46 ]
I want us to win every game period. let the decison about a new coach in Jan.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I hate it but I had to vote yes. I can't even stand to have to type it. I love our players, but I hate our coaches even more. I wish there was a way we could all know that no matter what Singletary is gone. That way I could go back to rooting without any hesitancy.

I just don't want any reason for Jed to keep Sing around next season!
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Deja vu?
Why would you want them to lose????????? To get a higher draft pick?? That costs more money and nothing is guaranteed.
As opposed to "Man Down".
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I always want to win, but I honestly dont believe this team deserves to be in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure we won't make it anyway though.

Let me put it this way, I always want them to win, but I wouldn't have minded if they lost. Since it means higher draft pick and higher likelihood of Sing getting fired
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Why would you want them to lose????????? To get a higher draft pick?? That costs more money and nothing is guaranteed.

Could be, yet it gives you a better position to draft the player you want to, without having to fear that he´s allready gone.

I was torn, I can´t bring myself to wnat the niners to lose, yet I belive that in our position that would be the best thing.

Playoffs?? C´mon, I fear that the Packers will slaugther us, because Sing will meddle with the offensive gameplanning.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Deja vu?
You didn't poll it though :)
I want them to lose because if we make the playoffs, we make keep Singletary. There are going to be some coaches available this offseason, and if we keep Singletary, it will set our franchise back another couple of years.
I admit it. The Carolina game really did me in. Then I got a little hope with Denver and St. Louis, but Tampa Bay squashed it.

I don't know how we do it, but I want Luck on this team. We can debate it all day long, but I think he is gonna be something special in the NFL. Give me a Holmgren or Harbaugh to go with it and let the excitement pour in.
Share 49ersWebzone