There are 180 users in the forums

Everybody send Frank Gore a "Get Well Soon" card

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Consider it done. Frank has been my favorite niner since B Young retired.
Are.....are..are you sending a "Get Well Soon" card?

A "Get well Soon" card???????

This is NFL football!!!!!

There are No "Get well Soon" cards in football!!!!
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Sorry StOnE ole bean, but I'm not sending Frank a Get Well Card as long as Sing is in charge.

~Ceadder

Yeah, because why should we we wish Frank well because his coach is a dud?

Do it for Frank. Nothing more, nothing less.

I quit reading this thread after Ceadderman's nonsense, but up to that point, the majority of the posters should be ashamed of themselves. Frank Gore is one of the few players that genuinely cares about the team you all root for, and when someone suggests doing something nice for him, you all see fit to crack jokes instead.

It's sad when people are actually relieved when their team's best player goes down (and yes, Frank Gore IS our best player this year) just because they have hope for a change of offensive game plans. The plan will be the same, just with different guys running the football that aren't as good as Frank Gore is. You're all fooling yourselves if you think the game plan is changing. Westbrook's 130+ yards rushing yesterday surely didn't help your wishes.

Bottom line is we're still going to be a running team under Singletary no matter who we have at runningback. The only difference now is if our line doesn't dominate the defenders like they did against Arizona, and they won't, our running game has absolutely no chance at success. Gore made the ball move even when the line didn't do a good job, for the most part. Westbrook and Dixon won't be able to do the same under those circumstances.

We will see more screens

At which point in this season did you see Singletary adapt to the circumstances? The answer has to be, none. At no point has he ever adapted. So, which part of that fact makes you think we'll see anything different? Even something as simple tossing more screens seems to be too much of a change in Singletary's philosophy.

If he finally adapts, great. But to actually believe he will before seeing it with your own eyes is setting yourself up for disappointment.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 30, 2010 at 19:40:32 ]
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Are.....are..are you sending a "Get Well Soon" card?

A "Get well Soon" card???????

This is NFL football!!!!!

There are No "Get well Soon" cards in football!!!!

There are in real life. And Frank's hip is broke in real life.

You mean you aren't Frank's boy, Blu?
Sorry StOnE ole bean, but I'm not sending Frank a Get Well Card as long as Sing is in charge.

~Ceadder

I quit reading this thread after Ceadderman's nonsense, but up to that point, the majority of the posters should be ashamed of themselves. Frank Gore is one of the few players that genuinely cares about the team you all root for, and when someone suggests doing something nice for him, you all see fit to crack jokes instead.

It's sad when people are actually relieved when their team's best player goes down (and yes, Frank Gore IS our best player this year) just because they have hope for a change of offensive game plans. The plan will be the same, just with different guys running the football that aren't as good as Frank Gore is. You're all fooling yourselves if you think the game plan is changing. Westbrook's 130+ yards rushing yesterday surely didn't help your wishes.

Bottom line is we're still going to be a running team under Singletary no matter who we have at runningback. The only difference now is if our line doesn't dominate the defenders like they did against Arizona, and they won't, our running game has absolutely no chance at success. Gore made the ball move even when the line didn't do a good job, for the most part. Westbrook and Dixon won't be able to do the same under those circumstances.

We will see more screens

At which point in this season did you see Singletary adapt to the circumstances? The answer has to be, none. At no point has he ever adapted. So, which part of that fact makes you think we'll see anything different? Even something as simple tossing more screens seems to be too much of a change in Singletary's philosophy.

If he finally adapts, great. But to actually believe he will before seeing it with your own eyes is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yeah? Didn't he adapt last season?

I think firing Raye was adapting as well.

Oh wait didn't he "go with the hot hand" and keep Troy Smith as QB?

I'm not saying he will adapt. Just saying that it's more likely now. Didn't have to adapt against the Tards because their DT Line couldn't tackle a fat willing prostitute if they had a million bucks of mad money burning a hole in their pockets.

And dude don't get personal. You don't like what I have to say fine. But stop lying. You read every one of the posts in here and you know it. Stop talking BS and don't even mention my name. You don't like me (like I could give a truck) and I don't like you (same goes for you I bet), so be the bigger man here and don't mention my name.

I guess you could have just done like StOnE did and pled to my better nature but you have to stick a knife and twist it. You know what you can do with that mentality.

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

We will see more screens

Yeah? Didn't he adapt last season?

I think firing Raye was adapting as well.

Oh wait didn't he "go with the hot hand" and keep Troy Smith as QB?

I'm not saying he will adapt. Just saying that it's more likely now. Didn't have to adapt against the Tards because their DT Line couldn't tackle a fat willing prostitute if they had a million bucks of mad money burning a hole in their pockets.

And dude don't get personal. You don't like what I have to say fine. But stop lying. You read every one of the posts in here and you know it. Stop talking BS and don't even mention my name. You don't like me (like I could give a truck) and I don't like you (same goes for you I bet), so be the bigger man here and don't mention my name.

I guess you could have just done like StOnE did and pled to my better nature but you have to stick a knife and twist it. You know what you can do with that mentality.

~Ceadder

I remember a Billboard on El Camino near Hickey in '93 with Tim Hardaway tore his ACL and it said "Get Well Sooner"

I wish Gore the best and I hope they are right that he will be fine.

But lets face it, Frank is already a stastical anomaly. A running back that has excelled for 5 years despite 2 ACLs, 2 shoulders

The NFL throws runningbacks like LT, Emmit Smith, and Jamal Smith on the scrap heap like it's nothing

The REAL issue is getting these guys treatment 20 years from now when they need knee replacements, surgery, etc. The NFLPA is a joke in this regard and treats guys like Hacksaw, Dan Bunz like they are Pariahs.

Or guys like Eason Ramson that were bipolar.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2007-01-21/sports/17227822_1_shoulder-replacement-nine-players-49ers

When Frank is 10 years out of his career, the better thing is to have a network in place that will take care of him. Goodell, as shown by the fines to Finnegan and Johnson, only cares about the money in the game.
I haven't forgiven him for his fumble against Seattle last year. But get well soon Frank.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Quit hijacking this thread and send Frank a card.
Originally posted by Chief:
Quit hijacking this thread and send Frank a card.
Go get a card, write something nice inside, and send it to Frank.

Awesome idea. I was thinking of doing something on facebook but this is much better. Just got off am going to wal mart right now.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'll pick up a card tomorrow and send one off.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I haven't forgiven him for his fumble against Seattle last year. But get well soon Frank.
sent him a card with a picture of me

sealed with a kiss
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Some people are mean.

This is a nice idea.

Be nice.
Share 49ersWebzone