LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

What we lost last night...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We weren't going to get Luck anyway (unless we traded away some draft picks), and YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. They're not positioning ourselves for future prospects, they're trying to win the division!

Originally posted by Rulo:
Besides loosing our Best offensive weapon for the season, we lost something else, something huge!!, ..... we lost on the oportunity of getting one of the best QB prospects in a very long time... and not only that. We put him in a silver plate to our division rival...

If Arizona looses out, (wouldnt be shocked), they will be most certainly 1st or 2nd overall, and will for sure take Andrew Luck, that would mean for the next 10-15 years the NFC West will be owned by the Rams and Cards, and we will be watching from home year after year.... it is not looking good at all!!

...so... they should've tried to lose? Andrew Luck is a good prospect, I wouldn't mind seeing the 9ers take him. But there is no guarantee he is going to be great... or even good for that matter. Based strictly on stats... here are three college QBs career performance [att; comp; yards; td; int; rating]:

A. 587 ; 389 ; 5203 ; 47 ; 8 ; 115.25
B. 1245 ; 807 ; 10693 ; 99 ; 23 ; 110.69
C. 637 ; 407 ; 5626 ; 41 ; 11 ; 106.39

Note that the rating is of the NFL variety. Guess who these QBs are?

A = Alex Smith
B = Matt Leinart
C = Andrew Luck
Originally posted by 9erred:
I would trade the #1 in 2011, the number 1 in 2012 and a second rounder to move up to #1 to select Luck.

Good thing you are not in the FO.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
in a few years, when we look back at this pointless season. We'll see that we barely missed the playoffs, but won enough games to put us out of the running for the now Az Cardinal Andrew Luck. We'll say, "Wish we would of just lost the rest of our games that season."

book it.

I won't stop laughing when Andrew Luck becomes the next Ryan Leaf. All this talk about him is sickening. I'd rather have a 7-9 record and a worse draft pick and a 3-13 record and the second overall draft pick.

Book it.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
I would trade the #1 in 2011, the number 1 in 2012 and a second rounder to move up to #1 to select Luck.

Look at the value chart, that is equivalent to the San Diego Eli Manning deal and the Michael Vick deal for the number one pick.

Not trying to re invent the wheel, simply admitting we need a franchise qb.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
in a few years, when we look back at this pointless season. We'll see that we barely missed the playoffs, but won enough games to put us out of the running for the now Az Cardinal Andrew Luck. We'll say, "Wish we would of just lost the rest of our games that season."

book it.

I won't stop laughing when Andrew Luck becomes the next Ryan Leaf. All this talk about him is sickening. I'd rather have a 7-9 record and a worse draft pick and a 3-13 record and the second overall draft pick.

Book it.

Any reason you say that besides spite?
Originally posted by Rulo:
Originally posted by lamontb:
You can't think like that homie. be glad for the win and hope that what we saw out of the o line last night will be what we see the rest of the year. We have no clue how Arizona season will play out. If they end up with Luck then oh well the niners have to strap up and beat him just like they have to do with Bradford.

Dont get me Wrong, I am very happy for the win, and was rooting from the very begining to the end, but now Im afraid that maybe it was a meaningless win, and maybe we just lost more than we won last night.... hope Im wrong tho...

There is no such thing as a meaningless win.
What I lost last night was my fantasy game for that week and my fantasy season.
There are so many teams that need QB's in the draft, the only way the Niners would get Luck is if they traded up for the #1 pick.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Look at the value chart, that is equivalent to the San Diego Eli Manning deal and the Michael Vick deal for the number one pick.

Not trying to re invent the wheel, simply admitting we need a franchise qb.

I don't give a s**t about the value chart. You make that kind of trade if you're already a good team, and all you're missing is a QB and you are 100% sure that the only QB that can help you is that one guy. That's far from the 49ers situation. The 49ers need a BIG improvement in the OL and 2ndary (and to a lesser extent the passrush). I'd much rather over-pay a FA QB than give away high picks in the next few drafts when we are not nearly just a QB away from being a real contender.

Also, look at the top 15 QBs in the NFL today (by passer rating). Some weren't drafted at all, one was a 6th round pick, a couple 4th rounders, a 3rd rounder, some 2nd rounders, and even though there are a lot of first rounders the vast majority were not the #1 overall pick or even the first QB taken in the draft. It's not a prerequisite to be the first QB in the draft to be a top QB. Conversely if you look 15 and beyond you see a lot of first round QBs, 1st QB taken in the draft, and even a few #1 overall draft picks.

Let's just build around Troy Smith and see what happens next year.
  • Rulo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

LOL me too, needed 12 pts between Gore and VD, it was a sure thing!! f**k fantasy football!!!
whats the point of being a fan if you don't want us to win. The whole point of being a fan is too root the niners on during the 16 game season, not to hope for the future
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

LOL, Same thing happened to me. I was 14 pts behind with Gore, Vernon, and Fitz left to play and I ended up getting 11 points for all three combined. I lost and my fantasy season is done...
Isn't Luck a Junior?
Share 49ersWebzone