Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ninerfan42:
Smith and Mays will be our startes next year. Goldson can go f**k himself

Try playing with a torn plantar fascia, among other injuries before you trash Goldson.

I did, my post still stands

Really? In the NFL? How did you do?

5 time pro bowler

Well, if you want to live in La-La Land and trash real players, nobody can stop you.

Dashon Goldson is not a real player. other then the Monday night game last year against the Cards this dude has done nothing in his career. He doesnt deserve the money he wants. So he can go and sign elsewhere next year if some team is dumb enough to pay him what he wants

So, somebody who makes fantastic claims about being a 5-time Pro Bowler should be the authority on who is a real player?

Last year, Goldson led all San Francisco defenders in interceptions with 4, and he also forced 3 fumbles. This year, he is playing with multiple injuries.

Try playing with a torn plantar fascia, among other injuries before you trash Goldson.

5 time pro bowler

Well, if you want to live in La-La Land and trash real players, nobody can stop you.

Dashon Goldson is not a real player. other then the Monday night game last year against the Cards this dude has done nothing in his career. He doesnt deserve the money he wants. So he can go and sign elsewhere next year if some team is dumb enough to pay him what he wants

So, somebody who makes fantastic claims about being a 5-time Pro Bowler should be the authority on who is a real player?

Last year, Goldson led all San Francisco defenders in interceptions with 4, and he also forced 3 fumbles. This year, he is playing with multiple injuries.

lol, 1 of those INTs and 2 of those fumbles were in the AZ game. He blew his load in that one game

5 time pro bowler

lol, 1 of those INTs and 2 of those fumbles were in the AZ game. He blew his load in that one game

By my arithmetic, that leaves 3 more picks and a forced fumble. The AZ game was not his entire season.
In defense of Goldson, he's playing through some viable injuries that even Matt M. or Matt B. keep mentioning.
Originally posted by Joecool:
In defense of Goldson, he's playing through some viable injuries that even Matt M. or Matt B. keep mentioning.

He is healthy enough to be out there. No excuses
I agree. He was all over the place last night.
I would keep Goldson at about half of what he wants. I don't think any other team is going to pay him top safety money which is what he was wanting after last season. The niners can afford to let him test the market because of this years stats.
Reggie has impressed me all year, starting in the preseason.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

5 time pro bowler

Goldson's not good enough in coverage. His strength is supposed to be tackling and run support, but I've seen him come up and miss so many times. I'm just glad that we have Reggie Smith and Taylor Mays to move up the depth chart when Goldson leaves.

goldson should watch film of nate's performance last night. that is how you come up and tackle. nate put on a clinic, if you ask me. but yeah, goldson is poor in coverage and is sketch in run support. time for his ass to chug dueces at season's end.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Did Goldson play? I swear I saw Reggie and Mays in together on a few plays... could be wrong though...

Yeah Goldson played b/c I don't recall ever seeing Mays.

And Smith played well last night, but a lot of that is attributed to the Cards never testing them deep. Hopefully we can see these guys play well over a long period instead of every other game. I still want to see Smith, Goldson or Mays make an actual play on the ball in the passing game. If Fitz holds on to that ball Smith gets beat.

where is Mays??? Did he do something to tick off Singletary?

Reggie better than Goldson........ya I'll buy that, but it isn't really saying much. Goldson has been garbage this season, injury or not.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

5 time pro bowler

Goldson's not good enough in coverage. His strength is supposed to be tackling and run support, but I've seen him come up and miss so many times. I'm just glad that we have Reggie Smith and Taylor Mays to move up the depth chart when Goldson leaves.

goldson should watch film of nate's performance last night. that is how you come up and tackle. nate put on a clinic, if you ask me. but yeah, goldson is poor in coverage and is sketch in run support. time for his ass to chug dueces at season's end.

Very Good Point! U actually beat me to it.

I was going to say how good Nate has been playing lately and would be a perfect Nickle corner/ safety next season (restuctured contract of course).

Clements, Smith, and Mays next season would be pretty nice!

Oh yeah Philip Adams is gonna be nice at corner too!
Reggie Smith has gone through all the nuances a safety has to go through to become a quality #1; 3+ years of practice, and has taken the game serious enough to stay healthier/work out properly (opposed to his first 2 years in the league).

The Safety position is not what it used to be, it literally takes 3+ years to fully develop a safety in this era of football.
I've always like Reggie. He will have a real test this weekend. Let's how he does. Goldson won't get the money he wants.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

5 time pro bowler

I don't know, I wouldn't want Goldson diving at RB's ankles. It's one thing to shoot and tackle a receiver/rb catching a screen pass or running horizontal towards the sidelines but it's another thing heading straight at a RB who probably has another man or two behind him and you are hitting him head on along with you own teammates following the RB. Nate would be hurdled a lot by backs or he would always allow 2 or 3 yards after contact by trying to hit the ankles.
Share 49ersWebzone