LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 134 users in the forums

Did Singletary literally run Frank into the ground?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
Personally, i think that we'll be fine w/o Gore.. the guy has always been an injury prone.. remember that he was often injured at the "U"... the guy just cant stay healthy...

As a pro he's never missed more than 2 starts due to injury in any season. That's not exactly injury prone. Especially for a guy that plays like he does and carries the load he does.
It sounds like its an injury that could have happened to any player on any play

Frank has had both ACLs and both shoulders done.

This has nothing to do with those

Barking up the wrong tree
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Acccck, this thread is BS. All this feigned anger is enough to make me wanna barf.

I see the failed logic here. Gore carried for a million times and nobody really gives a s**t...maybe a little half hearted squawk here and there from a very few people....now he carries for a million+1 and gets hurt and now all of a sudden he's been run into the ground and it's livid outrage about how he was done so wrong.

Singletary, is that you?

Not even. Singletary has enough s**t on himself to be axed without this. I ain't sticking up for Singletary, in the least. I hope he is gone soon. All that aside, this thread is a reach, a very big reach. Now, I am stepping out of this developing quagmire, which appears to have the potential to outdo an AS thread.

Run, run, pass, punt. 50% of our plays included Frank Gore.

This wasn't an emotional thread. Singletary likes to run the ball and up the middle at that. Gore was the center of his game plan. Does it not make sense that Gore's usage finally caught up with him?

Does it not make sense that Gore has been injured throughout his career? The dude was passed on by the entire NFL for 2+ full rounds of the draft because of his prevalence to injury. He's been injured before Sing even showed up in the plan. He's been run run run by all sorts of coaches on this team. Were is the outrage about Norv, Hostler, Martz...everyone of those guys ran him and ran him some more, and they all knew about his propensity to injury. Nobody complained then, nobody complained when he ran his ass off for 1600 yards did they? Why...what an outrage...they should have limited him to 1000 yards and sat him on the bench when he reached it!!!! Now tell me, how would that have gone down with the fans and player's?

Hello fans and players: "Ummm, we know that Frank gives us the best chance to win, but we are going to bench him, or change the game plan to not include him so much because he has 1000 yards, and 1600+ yards would really run him into the ground in the future. We need to do this, even if it means we lose more games than we would if we didn't."

It doesn't work the way you guys are trying to rationalize it. Not a f**king chance in hell would YOU, ME, or anyone else put up with keeping our best chance of winning on the bench.

What's the alternative to Frank? An AS or TS led spread offense? HA HA HA...I'm sure other teams would be trembling in their boots at that.

We have never had a balanced attack since Frank has been here. Never, ever. The reason why we have not is 99% because we have had s**tty QB play for years, s**tty oline play for years and s**tty (up until last year) receiving corps to throw to. And that is the reason why Frank has ran his ass off, not a damn thing to do with anything other than that too.

So lets call a spade a goddamn spade here....the reason Frank has ran his ass off is because he was the best chance we had to win and the reason he was the best chance is because the passing offense has sucked, sucked, sucked and majorly f**king sucked year after year after year regardless of who was coaching. Holy macaroni revelations,...Frank could have got more help from a Pop Warner team over those years.

So let me ask you, were you willing, all the these years, to sit back and watch the epically disgusting passing attack take the majority of the game plan, week after week? Were you willing to forfeit games won over these years just so Frank would run less?

Not a chance in hell. And this is why this thread is complete BS, because barely a one of you guys proposing this theory would have been happy about anything other than playing the player's who gave us the best to chance to win, and getting their ass involved in the game as much as possible.....and that player has been Frank. Funny, all for it for a million carries, but now all of a sudden it's an outrage at a million+1.

Big difference from this year and previous years: we actually have a GREAT RB as our backup. Not mediocre or good but GREAT! Singletary is stupid.

Gore may still have gotten hurt but I still blame Sing for not utilizing Westbrook more than he should have.

[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 30, 2010 at 23:09:08 ]
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Frank WANTS to play every snap and I applaud him. This 2 back system is gay and p***y as hell. Gore is old school and a BEAST. He is the workhorse of this team, however I am concerned 2 ACL and now a hip. We gotta play this one very carefully and have no doubt Gore will come back stronger than ever and continue to be a force in the NFL never gets enough credit and its a shame but thats the NFL and Gore will be our Back in the Future Period, no matter who the coach is.
Does it not make sense that Gore has been injured throughout his career?

No, it doesn't. Not even a little bit. Why? because he hasn't been injured throughout his career. He's a workhorse NFL running back that has NEVER missed more than two starts to injury in any season. The guy the takes the worst beating of anyone on the team BY far and he's only missed a handful of games here and there over 6 seasons (until the injury last night).

The dude was passed on by the entire NFL for 2+ full rounds of the draft because of his prevalence to injury.

No, he was passed because he WAS injured his last year in college and in the time running up to the draft. Drafting Gore was a gamble because he was injured, not because he was "injury prone" (which IMO doesn't mean anything at all, its a made up term).

He's been injured before Sing even showed up in the plan. He's been run run run by all sorts of coaches on this team.

No s**t? An NFL running back has been injured here and there? Amazing! Cause' that never happens.

Were is the outrage about Norv, Hostler, Martz...everyone of those guys ran him and ran him some more, and they all knew about his propensity to injury. Nobody complained then, nobody complained when he ran his ass off for 1600 yards did they? Why...what an outrage...they should have limited him to 1000 yards and sat him on the bench when he reached it!!!! Now tell me, how would that have gone down with the fans and player's?

Hello fans and players: "Ummm, we know that Frank gives us the best chance to win, but we are going to bench him, or change the game plan to not include him so much because he has 1000 yards, and 1600+ yards would really run him into the ground in the future. We need to do this, even if it means we lose more games than we would if we didn't."

It doesn't work the way you guys are trying to rationalize it. Not a f**king chance in hell would YOU, ME, or anyone else put up with keeping our best chance of winning on the bench.

What's the alternative to Frank? An AS or TS led spread offense? HA HA HA...I'm sure other teams would be trembling in their boots at that.

We have never had a balanced attack since Frank has been here. Never, ever. The reason why we have not is 99% because we have had s**tty QB play for years, s**tty oline play for years and s**tty (up until last year) receiving corps to throw to. And that is the reason why Frank has ran his ass off, not a damn thing to do with anything other than that too.

So lets call a spade a goddamn spade here....the reason Frank has ran his ass off is because he was the best chance we had to win and the reason he was the best chance is because the passing offense has sucked, sucked, sucked and majorly f**king sucked year after year after year regardless of who was coaching. Holy macaroni revelations,...Frank could have got more help from a Pop Warner team over those years.

So let me ask you, were you willing, all the these years, to sit back and watch the epically disgusting passing attack take the majority of the game plan, week after week? Were you willing to forfeit games won over these years just so Frank would run less?

Not a chance in hell. And this is why this thread is complete BS, because barely a one of you guys proposing this theory would have been happy about anything other than playing the player's who gave us the best to chance to win, and getting their ass involved in the game as much as possible.....and that player has been Frank. Funny, all for it for a million carries, but now all of a sudden it's an outrage at a million+1.

I think I agree with the rest of this, mostly.
Share 49ersWebzone