LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 195 users in the forums

Did Singletary literally run Frank into the ground?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Acccck, this thread is BS. All this feigned anger is enough to make me wanna barf.

I see the failed logic here. Gore carried for a million times and nobody really gives a s**t...maybe a little half hearted squawk here and there from a very few people....now he carries for a million+1 and gets hurt and now all of a sudden he's been run into the ground and it's livid outrage about how he was done so wrong.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 29, 2010 at 22:34:08 ]
In this day in age in pro football you cannot keep pounding the rock to one player and expect him to have a long NFL career. Singletary wanted Gore to be his Walter Payton and it was an unrealistic request. I know it was a freak injury but that what happens when the percentages catches up with you. We should have worked Westbrook an Dixon in the offense a lot earlier and kept Gore fresh down the stretch. This is why Singletary needs to go!!!
Originally posted by Blitz:
Acccck, this thread is BS. All this feigned anger is enough to make me wanna barf.

I see the failed logic here. Gore carried for a million times and nobody really gives a s**t...maybe a little half hearted squawk here and there from a very few people....now he carries for a million+1 and gets hurt and now all of a sudden he's been run into the ground and it's livid outrage about how he was done so wrong.

Singletary, is that you?
Injuries happen, its the nature of playing in sports, on any level. Im sure those dart throwers sprain a wrist every now and then.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Or is he just going with the "hot hand"?

My opinion starts with a "F" and ends with a "Y".

my opinion starts with an "F" and ends with an "UCK"*

*FIRETRUCK
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

Singletary, is that you?

Not even. Singletary has enough s**t on himself to be axed without this. I ain't sticking up for Singletary, in the least. I hope he is gone soon. All that aside, this thread is a reach, a very big reach. Now, I am stepping out of this developing quagmire, which appears to have the potential to outdo an AS thread.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 29, 2010 at 22:44:03 ]

Singletary, is that you?

Not even. Singletary has enough s**t on himself to be axed without this. I ain't sticking up for Singletary, in the least. I hope he is gone soon. All that aside, this thread is a reach, a very big reach. Now, I am stepping out of this developing quagmire, which appears to have the potential to outdo an AS thread.

It's not a reach at all. Look at any good staff in football, at any level, and they rotate their backs. We've been treating Frank like he's some kind of super-durable, powerful, workhorse RB when he's not, and that's a systematic failure starting at the HC.

Singletary, is that you?

Run, run, pass, punt. 50% of our plays included Frank Gore.

This wasn't an emotional thread. Singletary likes to run the ball and up the middle at that. Gore was the center of his game plan. Does it not make sense that Gore's usage finally caught up with him?
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
This organization ran Frank into the ground. The whole thing reminds me of Barry Sanders. We have this amazing RB on a sht team with an organization that just cant find a way to win for one reason or another. Sad.

Agreed.

40% usage for one player on a 3-7 (up to tonight's game) is a huge failure. Systematic, but mainly a coaching failure IMO. Even the announcers were noting that Frank's usage was NFL record worthy (not a good thing).

f**k you Singletary.

Agree 100%. This team has more weapons than just Gore but Singletary went to the well one too many times. What else does he have to do to show Jed he's doesn't know what the PH)&K he's doing?
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Gore is a physical back. Physical backs are more prone to injuries.
I don't think it has to do with Singletary running him up the middle on 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down and sometimes 4th down.

Originally posted by Brew:
I don't think it has to do with Singletary running him up the middle on 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down and sometimes 4th down.

If 5th downs were possible, would he be to blame then?
  • Brew
  • Veteran

If there were 5th downs yes Singletary's head should be on a fork.

If there were 5th downs yes Singletary's head should be on a fork.

a stake, dammit, a stake.
Sing had to.

Frank only gain half a yard at a time. You need a lot of touches to get 100 yards.
This does not entirely fall on Sing, but it does fall on the coaching staff, personal trainers, and possibly even Tom Rathman. -Singletary is just too incoherent to take full responsibility for this.
Share 49ersWebzone