There are 278 users in the forums

Frank Gore out for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So now we can also add a RB to the draft list.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Should have been on there already. Westbrook will be 32, Gore will be 28, Dixon is a late round pick.

When Gore comes back next year....

Noel Devine in the third or fourth.

Little thunder and lightning for the future with him and Dixon maybe.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Should have been on there already. Westbrook will be 32, Gore will be 28, Dixon is a late round pick.

True that.
SF_49ers

Singletary said that the injury to Gore is a "smaller fracture" and "would not require surgery"
Originally posted by valrod33:
SF_49ers

Singletary said that the injury to Gore is a "smaller fracture" and "would not require surgery"

Thank god.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
SF_49ers

Wait... that's good, right? Please tell me that's good. Please?

Well, it is?
Smaller fraction... Good lord at some of you...

I'd be pretty happy going into next year with Gore/Dixon 1/2 and some other team's cut (ala Westbrook) next season. We have way too many pressing needs more important than RB, a position that also seems easiest to fill.
SF_49ers

Well, it is?

It probably means it's just a hairline crack in the femur. The bone didn't actually break or fracture so much as a small crack that will heal on it's own with not much more treatment than just staying off the leg. The kind of injury that, if it had happened earlier in the season, would have made it so we might have seen him come back in the same year. It's a very good thing.

The alternative would be a major crack in the femur, which would require inserting metal rods into the femur to hold it together for a couple of months to make sure it heals correctly and in place. (possibly leaving one/some in there forever). Thats a much longer recovery and could possibly affect his gait for the rest of his life, depending on the severity and success of the surgery/recovery.

A "small fracture" that doesn't require surgery sounds like the former. Which was pretty evident to me on Monday night seeing as he went back in and carried the ball for 9 and 5 yards after the injury and didn't look to be in much pain at all on the sideline. If that bone "broke" he wouldn't have been able to go back in the game nor would he have been able to stand on the sideline for the rest of the game.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gavintech:

I'd be pretty happy going into next year with Gore/Dixon 1/2 and some other team's cut (ala Westbrook) next season. We have way too many pressing needs more important than RB, a position that also seems easiest to fill.

Ok, this makes sense, too. I just threw out Noel Devine because my Uncle says he's awesome.

SF_49ers

Well, it is?

It probably means it's just a hairline crack in the femur. The bone didn't actually break or fracture so much as a small crack that will heal on it's own with not much more treatment than just staying off the leg. The kind of injury that, if it had happened earlier in the season, would have made it so we might have seen him come back in the same year. It's a very good thing.

The alternative would be a major crack in the femur, which would require inserting metal rods into the femur to hold it together for a couple of months to make sure it heals correctly and in place. (possibly leaving one/some in there forever). Thats a much longer recovery and could possibly affect his gait for the rest of his life, depending on the severity and success of the surgery/recovery.

A "small fracture" that doesn't require surgery sounds like the former. Which was pretty evident to me on Monday night seeing as he went back in and carried the ball for 9 and 5 yards after the injury and didn't look to be in much pain at all on the sideline. If that bone "broke" he wouldn't have been able to go back in the game nor would he have been able to stand on the sideline for the rest of the game.

Theres a big difference between a hip and a femur.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
SF_49ers

Well, it is?

Ok, I just wanted someone to say that before I said... WOOHOO!!!

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully it's a really fast recovery and he's back training in the offseason instead of rehabbing.

I had a really bad feeling when he took himself out of the game. Then I was less worried when he came back. Still, Gore is kind of a freak of nature... they did still have to hide his helmet. I was hoping it was just a massive contusion or something.... oh, well. Losing the season is better than losing the career.

You know what the craziest part is? Gore had a higher yards per carry than Westbrook did after he fractured his hip.

Hehe.... I am fanboi.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by EscuelaVieja:

Theres a big difference between a hip and a femur.

Meh, only five letters.

Wait.... does this mean it's bad news?

[ Edited by Wodwo on Dec 1, 2010 at 12:31:31 ]
When do we hear the official news regarding the severity of Frank's hip injury?
Originally posted by pete98146:
When do we hear the official news regarding the severity of Frank's hip injury?

go back one page
Share 49ersWebzone