There are 163 users in the forums

Frank Gore out for season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bo Jackson technically didn't have the same injury though, I think a bone in his leg cut off some sort of blood supply which ruined his hip.

I got no idea what happened to Priest Holmes though. He was a beast with the Chiefs too.

I'd much rather have had the L and a healthy Frank

[ Edited by BringBackTO on Nov 29, 2010 at 22:21:30 ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Just got this text from a Rams fan friend:

"Who gives a s**t if the 49ers won tonight? RAMS ARE IN FIRST PLACE BABY! And Frank Gore out for the season? Hopefully his career is over. f**k Gore and f**k the 49ers"

I'm 5 hours away in Chicago, and I know its sports but damn if I jump on I-55 I can be there say hello to your friend and then grab a sausage mcmuffin before 6am!

Chicago49erFan
Goddamnit, and he was on his way to another 1000 yard season.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by teeohh:
are these type of hip injuries rare?

Yeah, and when they happen it puts a RB's career in complete jeopardy.

Broken hip = 100% retirement.

Fractured hip = loss in production/leading back status, nagging health problems/arthritis.

Why isn't this something a RB can make a full recovery from? I'm not a pro athlete or anything but I've broken bones before and they healed up 100%. Just earlier this week Reggie Bush returned from his broken fibula.

Hip is worse than a knee. Ask Priest Holmes and Bo Jackson.

Jackson I'll give you, but Holmes was past 30 nearing the end of his career.

"Who gives a s**t if the 49ers won tonight? RAMS ARE IN FIRST PLACE BABY! And Frank Gore out for the season? Hopefully his career is over. f**k Gore and f**k the 49ers"

if we beat the Rams you will need to post his email address for the wolves to play with
Originally posted by Chicago49erFan:

I'm 5 hours away in Chicago, and I know its sports but damn if I jump on I-55 I can be there say hello to your friend and then grab a sausage mcmuffin before 6am!

Chicago49erFan

i lol'ed
he was so close to having another 1000 yard season and now is the time to pick up westbrook in fantasy football
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Frank better have some magic s**t happen tonight and be cool in the morning.

I'm going to bed.. Bad dream bad dream... Bad dream.
lol @ you guys claiming career ending... calm down
Hate to see anyone get hurt...especially Gore. But, even with him, I still didn't like the Niner's chances. They won't run the ball like they did tonight vs GB, SD or the Rams on the road. I see two potential wins...Seattle and 'Zona at home. But, if Hasselbeck is upright, we may lose. Westbrook looked good tonight...but the going will be a lot tougher against everyone save the pitiful Cards. Best to Gore for a complete recovery.

Dude, your friends are amazing.

Hell, two of my best friends of Falcons' fans. Yet, after last year they kept their cool and this year they thought they were lucky. Wtf.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

lol hip injuries are one of the worst injuries a RB can have
Originally posted by Chicago49erFan:
I am really hoping that medical technology has progressed to the point that Frank is able to come back from this hip injury.
Frank is such a team player and I know how much he bleeds Red N Gold, it would be devastating if that was the last game he plays for us.

Chicago49erFan

this
without gore we will win. i mean we have not won with him. its not like anything is gonna change. sure he does good. but name a team recently in this last decade that has won anything while depending on a player for every single down. besides a quarterback... that has won anything? maybe they will share the wealth. i love and respect gore. he is the man. but he have not won with him. maybe we will without him. we did today.. yeah against a horrible team but lets see. i doubt we beat packers. they will rape us. but you can always believe.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

you do realize that hip injuries are pretty serious right?
Share 49ersWebzone