There are 231 users in the forums

Is Singletary gone if we lose tonight?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
he better be

i rather gamble with the remainder of the season with Mike Johnson in charge at least he is flexible & is open to new suggestions unlike that dumba$$ Singletary

Break the mold! Johnson and Manusky as co-head coaches. The special teams coach can be their whipping boy if they are mad at one another.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
I say no.

There is no real benefit of firing him now. Just let him finish out the year while Jed does his homework on the coaching candidates.

There is a benefit. If it's true Singeltary is the sole reason for us playing our basic Neanderthal ways, then he needs to be replaced by Mike Johnson. Not because Johnson could be a head coach but because this will allow Jed to see how this team operates under an OC's mentality. Then replace Johnson with a better Offensive coach after the season.

OR Jed can use his front office philosphy and make a this team have Manusky AND Johnson as co-head coaches. His reason will be similar to his reason for the Paraage/Baalke/Gamble model which is why have one head coach when a team that does their own specialties as co-head coaches?

It's mind-boggling how many people believe there is NO BENEFIT to firing Singletary before the season ends. Are these guys watching the same team I'm watching??? I mean, this is some of the worst, most predictable and non-inspiring football I've seen in decades, and that includes the Mike Nolan era. It's like our guys are running in quick-sand with their hands tied to their waists, and the guy who's leading this mess has no clue how he got here, much less how to get out.

Even the wins against bad teams aren't without drama, dysfunction and head-scratching plays/schemes. There's nothing about this coach that qualifies him to lead an NFL team anymore. The sooner this gets rectified, the better for everyone involved.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I say no.

There is no real benefit of firing him now. Just let him finish out the year while Jed does his homework on the coaching candidates.

There is a benefit. If it's true Singeltary is the sole reason for us playing our basic Neanderthal ways, then he needs to be replaced by Mike Johnson. Not because Johnson could be a head coach but because this will allow Jed to see how this team operates under an OC's mentality. Then replace Johnson with a better Offensive coach after the season.

OR Jed can use his front office philosphy and make a this team have Manusky AND Johnson as co-head coaches. His reason will be similar to his reason for the Paraage/Baalke/Gamble model which is why have one head coach when a team that does their own specialties as co-head coaches?

It's mind-boggling how many people believe there is NO BENEFIT to firing Singletary before the season ends. Are these guys watching the same team I'm watching??? I mean, this is some of the worst, most predictable and non-inspiring football I've seen in decades, and that includes the Mike Nolan era. It's like our guys are running in quick-sand with their hands tied to their waists, and the guy who's leading this mess has no clue how he got here, much less how to get out.

Even the wins against bad teams aren't without drama, dysfunction and head-scratching plays/schemes. There's nothing about this coach that qualifies him to lead an NFL team anymore. The sooner this gets rectified, the better for everyone involved.

Good post, Ghost.
I say no.

The worst part about keeping Singletary is the ability to have an effective and valuable offseason and I don't mean HC search.

The regular season plays a vital role in player evaluation, player retention, and player personnel options/decisions. With Singletary, the front office will have no idea how to evaluate these players because they don't know how they are really capable of performing...sort of like Alex in the last 6 years.

The front office needs to drop their balls, use their deep voice and can Sing. Then let the incumbent know that his sole objective will be to maximize the ability of the players.

Our front office is not manning up and letting the coach know that he is under-utilizing the players.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I say no.

Good post, Ghost.

I would agree with that. It really all depends on how the team performs tonight.

If they come out and just stink up the joint -- and look pathetically bad -- and look like they've quit on Dingleberry -- then it forces the Hand of York to do something other than self-flagellate.

But if the team comes out on fire tonight -- puts on a good show -- puts up a good fight -- Dingleberry's neck will be saved once again.

After what happened last week against Tampa Bay? I'm expecting the Niners to come out and fall FLAT on their collective KEESTERS.
I say no.

The worst part about keeping Singletary is the ability to have an effective and valuable offseason and I don't mean HC search.

The regular season plays a vital role in player evaluation, player retention, and player personnel options/decisions. With Singletary, the front office will have no idea how to evaluate these players because they don't know how they are really capable of performing...sort of like Alex in the last 6 years.

The front office needs to drop their balls, use their deep voice and can Sing. Then let the incumbent know that his sole objective will be to maximize the ability of the players.

Our front office is not manning up and letting the coach know that he is under-utilizing the players.

Ok let's be realistic...who's going to "man-up" against a dude that looks like this?! Paraag?!...Jed?! lol
Question is, is Singletary gone if we lose tonight. Answer: No.

If the question was, would I like Singletary gone if we lose tonight, the answer would be yes.
If he wasn't fired after a humiliating shutout loss at home in what...30+ years, no way will he be fired for the remainder of the season.
Originally posted by English:
Question is, is Singletary gone if we lose tonight. Answer: No.

If the question was, would I like Singletary gone if we lose tonight, the answer would be yes.

As usual, well said.
I vote to can Singletary and promote:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I miss the days of the big shoulder pads, now days they wear these tiny shoulder pads that makes them look funny.

Then we can run on every single play, every single game!
Originally posted by verb1der:

Yah, I love Woody, but I'm not sure there's much of a difference (other than skin tone) between Rathman and Singletary.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Yah, I love Woody, but I'm not sure there's much of a difference (other than skin tone) between Rathman and Singletary.

Yah ex players just make for lousy coaches.

I think there is. Rathman is very technical and values that more than anything which is what he learned under Walsh whereas Sing only learned powerball. Rathman has also improved our running game overall compared to 2007 and 2008.

He was a receiving full back and may want that incorporated along with more preciseness overall during practices.

Who cares, anything's better than Sing. Making M. Johnson the HC is no different than making Rathman the head coach as both were position coaches in Game 1.
Share 49ersWebzone