LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

Is Singletary gone if we lose tonight?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sing kept his job after a shut-out loss at home, can it really get any worse?!
I doubt he gets fired before the year ends.
He will get fired at the post game conference then the WALRUS comes out and puts on a Niner hat!! DUN DUN DUN!!!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Sink or swim.

shark smells p***y blood.

fire him.
As much as it would make fans feel better it's not going to happen. Unless Sing does something stooopid like DUI, nightclub scuffle resulting in serious injury or death or going OJ on his wife, he will not be fired for another 37 days.
Yes, and he will be replaced (if ownership is intelligent...haha) with Mike Johnson. The reason? The Rooney Rule. This rule forces teams to interview a minority candidate before hiring a new head coach. If the current head coach is an interim coach, and a minority, the team can somewhat circumvent the system (in preparing for an outside coach even now), saying that the team spoke to, and interviewed, the interim in the post-season meeting with team officials.
I'll amend my previous post: if the team is seriously embarrassed, there would be no choice. If they win or look "better" in some marginal way, then he will be kept by the fearful Yorks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I say no.

There is no real benefit of firing him now. Just let him finish out the year while Jed does his homework on the coaching candidates.
He is gone, just not until the season is over. But is there anything that says we can not start to interview coaches that are not current coaches now, so we can be ready?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Yes, and he will be replaced (if ownership is intelligent...haha) with Mike Johnson. The reason? The Rooney Rule. This rule forces teams to interview a minority candidate before hiring a new head coach. If the current head coach is an interim coach, and a minority, the team can somewhat circumvent the system (in preparing for an outside coach even now), saying that the team spoke to, and interviewed, the interim in the post-season meeting with team officials.

That is absolutely stupid and distasteful. He will be fired. It makes no difference if he fired right now, a week from today, during a game, week 17, etc. He's gone.

I don't see why you guys are in a rush to fire him. Firing him now isn't going to magically transform the trainwreck that is the 49ers into a Super Bowl champion. If ownership is doing what they need to be doing, the decision has already been made and are doing their due dilligence on potential replacements.

I would never let any of you impatient, irrational, emotional fans, run my company.

Nope, he will be canned at the end of the season.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

That is absolutely stupid and distasteful. He will be fired. It makes no difference if he fired right now, a week from today, during a game, week 17, etc. He's gone.

I don't see why you guys are in a rush to fire him. Firing him now isn't going to magically transform the trainwreck that is the 49ers into a Super Bowl champion. If ownership is doing what they need to be doing, the decision has already been made and are doing their due dilligence on potential replacements.

I would never let any of you impatient, irrational, emotional fans, run my company.

And I wouldn't want to work for someone who couldn't multi-task and that isn't bold/decisive in making decisions.

It's not difficult to replace your losing head coach with an interim staff member AND continue with your long-term head coaching "due diligence" at the same time. If you find doing both at the same time difficult, you don't belong in the NFL, much less in the business world in general.

You should always be in a rush to fire incompetent personnel. If you're slow and indecisive in this area, you pay the price. But in particular, when an NFL coach shows this level of incompetence, you MUST fire his ass and not wait until the end of the year. Doing so only reflects poorly on you...it shows you to be just as incompetent if not more so (not to mention, tone-deaf and stubborn to the point of ignorance) for allowing things to continue as they are.

Just my take.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Nov 29, 2010 at 11:24:52 ]
If Jed York is smart, he will FIRE singletary if we lose tonight because lately a change in coaching has translated into at least one win (example: Mike Johnson, childress, wade phillips).
Originally posted by susweel:
I say no.

There is no real benefit of firing him now. Just let him finish out the year while Jed does his homework on the coaching candidates.

There is a benefit. If it's true Singeltary is the sole reason for us playing our basic Neanderthal ways, then he needs to be replaced by Mike Johnson. Not because Johnson could be a head coach but because this will allow Jed to see how this team operates under an OC's mentality. Then replace Johnson with a better Offensive coach after the season.

OR Jed can use his front office philosphy and make a this team have Manusky AND Johnson as co-head coaches. His reason will be similar to his reason for the Paraage/Baalke/Gamble model which is why have one head coach when a team that does their own specialties as co-head coaches?
he better be

i rather gamble with the remainder of the season with Mike Johnson in charge at least he is flexible & is open to new suggestions unlike that dumba$$ Singletary
Share 49ersWebzone