LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Eddie is in the HoF!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo makes first cut as Pro Football Hall of Fame semifinalist, along with Roger Craig and Charles Haley.

Per Matt Maiocco's tweet.

Link

[ Edited by rigs49 on Nov 28, 2010 at 10:44:17 ]
[ Edited by English on Sep 2, 2015 at 1:12 PM ]
I would be shocked if Eddie D. didn't go in this Summer. Even beyond his 'dirty' business, he has so much respect within the NFL, specially from former owners/franchise execs who now hold large roles within the NFL.
I hope he makes it. All 3 of those guys deserve to get in.
What about John Taylor?

Come on!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
What about John Taylor?

Come on!

That pisses me off. Taylor was 10x the player that Haley ever was--and a much better human being.
Wonderful. Now get your team back from your sister and her dumbass family.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Wonderful. Now get your team back from your sister and her dumbass family.
imo none of these three deserve to make it.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Please. You can argue against Haley, but there's not much argument against DeBartolo and Craig.
Ditto On John Taylor, he and Jerry Rice were a Double Threat back in the day, and he does deserve a nomination into the HOF too.

As the former owner of the 49er Franchise, who delivered the 9ers from eternal hell, Mr. DeBartolo more than deserves to be in the Pro-Football HOF. Ed DeBartolo was the 1st owner to garner 5 Super Bowl Trophies *IN THE LEAGUE.* He took a team from the trash heap, to being one of the most elite teams in the NFL...

Mr. DeBartolo is relatively the reason why the Yorks exists, because they are basically riding his coattails of all he achieved with the 49ers.

[ Edited by 9erB4Us on Nov 28, 2010 at 18:45:35 ]

Jed should take a few notes from Eddie D
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/11/30/debartolo-craig-haley-among-pro-football-hall-of-fame-semifinalists/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Yay
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
What about John Taylor?

Come on!

That pisses me off. Taylor was 10x the player that Haley ever was--and a much better human being.

Come on man. Probably a nicer person but Haley was just a monster. The Niners made 2 horrible moves in my opinion. One was letting Ronnie Lott go to early and the other was trading Charles Haley to the Cowboys.

Haley is a no brainer for the HOF. Not many 2nd WRs on teams make it.
Originally posted by BleedRandG:
Jed should take a few notes from Eddie D

He has.

Great coach ......... . check
Stay out the FB decisions..... check
Make smart off the field decisions check
Make Niners premier franchise check

When you add the Stadium on top of it.. well I'd say the kid learned pretty well from Uncle Eddie.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

LOL. I can see the argument against Craig and maybe Haley. However, I dont see how anyone can argue against Eddie D. One of the greatest owners of all time. Making a stupid decision outside of FB should never take away his greatness. If not for Eddie, the Niners might still be looking for their first SB.
Share 49ersWebzone