LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Keep it real... Who was happy when we hired Sing full time?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Keep it real... Who was happy when we hired Sing full time?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
The only person I remember griping about it was SanDiego and he gripes about everything.

In his short time at the helm Singletary seemed to be getting the most out of the players and the whole organization seemed to be reinvigorated by his 'we won't tolerate diva's' and 'punch-em-in-the-mouth' attitude. I think he earned it.

As it turns out I was right about this team yet again.

you weren't the only one...........Singfan and someone else I can't remember were on that wagon with ya....

*edit* Sabrason was the other

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 28, 2010 at 14:59:20 ]
I was. I got hyped that they had a winning record with him the following year. I began to be concerned when the OC's starting bailing on him though. His run at all costs mentality gave me real pause. But regardless, I still hoped it would work.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
The only person I remember griping about it was SanDiego and he gripes about everything.

In his short time at the helm Singletary seemed to be getting the most out of the players and the whole organization seemed to be reinvigorated by his 'we won't tolerate diva's' and 'punch-em-in-the-mouth' attitude. I think he earned it.

As it turns out I was right about this team yet again.

you weren't the only one...........Singfan and someone else I can't remember were on that wagon with ya....

*edit* Sabrason was the other

People should listen to me more instead of just think it's being negative...
I'll admit i was happy, but like most of us had been suckered in by the meaningless wins... my first sign of real doubt was when i saw that Homlgren and Shannahan were available... like we should have waited and included Sing in the interviewing process, if at all

I would say i was cautiously optimistic. I always felt he was going to need great coordinators in order to be successful. When people were turning down the O coordinator job left and right, thats when i got my second sign... and then listening to basically the same crap we heard from Nolan after every game... that was it. he seems like he would be a great high school coach, but has much to learn about the NFL.

But.... to be homest with you...I'll say this... I have to look at the film and go from there...

[ Edited by English81 on Nov 28, 2010 at 15:13:41 ]
Originally posted by English81:
I'll admit i was happy, but like most of us had been suckered in by the meaningless wins... my first sign of real doubt was when i saw that Homlgren and Shannahan were available... like we should have waited and included Sing in the interviewing process, if at all

I would say i was cautiously optimistic. I always felt he was going to need great coordinators in order to be successful. When people were turning down the O coordinator job left and right, thats when i got my second sign... and then listening to basically the same crap we heard from Nolan after every game... that was it. he seems like he would be a great high school coach, but has much to learn about the NFL.

But.... to be homest with you...I'll say this... I have to look at the film and go from there...

We have another English 49er...

lol... military brat, grew up in england, niners were the first team i ever saw play... stuck with em ever since.
Agreed. I was thrilled but soon became leery after he dumped Martz and big name coordinators wouldn't sign on due to his offensive philosophy. I have to admit though, I really liked it at the time. Now I would be just as excited to see him canned. Where's Eddie's "He's gone!" when you need it?
Come on Jed, make us proud, channel your uncle and become "Jeddie"!

lol... military brat, grew up in england, niners were the first team i ever saw play... stuck with em ever since.

Do you live in England now?

Do you live in England now?

Actually i am in the military now, stationed in Germany. Couldnt go to the broncos game but really wanted to.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I was wrong and I admit it.

I was wrong as well, Really, really wrong.

• Jiks
I thought it was a good hire. THe team responded with SIng. at the helm and played well. The thing that concerned me was Martz, then Raye. That right there was Sing's biggest mistake.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I thought it was a good hire. THe team responded with SIng. at the helm and played well. The thing that concerned me was Martz, then Raye. That right there was Sing's biggest mistake.

Doesn't matter who the OC is. Sing dictates the philosophy.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Doesn't matter who the OC is. Sing dictates the philosophy.

yeah.... i guess a lot of us, myself included hoped he would be humble enough to turn the offense over to someone who knew more about it than he did... even so, he could have had a physical and effective offense.... walsh's offense could be smashmouth to... check out the 81 NFC championship games final drive...
I admit I supported it and was thrilled when they hired him. I thought he was exactly what we needed. I was wrong.
I was definitely happy, but I really didnt like how he fired Martz to hire Raye. We started out well in 2009, but things started going downhill from there, and his stubborness pisses me off.
Share 49ersWebzone