There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

5 games

5 games is the total amount of games we have lost by three points or less....I attribute that to the coaching mostly, mainly clock management and offensive adaption to the opposing D.

I feel that with proper leadership this team has the talent to win 9 to 11 games every year.

Also, this year was another example of a team that won every preseason game only to lose the next 5.

It will be interesting to see what the shakeup will be for next year...if any
With proper coaching and leadership we would win more. But we aren't that talented. We are missing pieces at very key spots despite years and years of rebuilding.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
With proper coaching and leadership we would win more. But we aren't that talented. We are missing pieces at very key spots despite years and years of rebuilding.

true. but I feel that if we get these two offensive linemen to gel, we are pretty much set on offense (except maybe another 0-lineman or qb lol).

I hope we take 90% of our draft in focusing on Defense. first the dline then the secondary
Originally posted by alwayzA9er:

true. but I feel that if we get these two offensive linemen to gel, we are pretty much set on offense (except maybe another 0-lineman or qb lol).

I hope we take 90% of our draft in focusing on Defense. first the dline then the secondary

Yes we need that but we really need to figure out QB. We have been looking for that for a long time. It's too long now.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 27, 2010 at 00:12:50 ]

Yes we need that but we really need to figure out QB. We have been looking for that for a long time. It's too long now.

True but you can win with an elite defense and sub par offense and QB. It's a lot harder to win with and elite offense or QB and sub par defense.
Originally posted by NastyNinerFan:

True but you can win with an elite defense and sub par offense and QB. It's a lot harder to win with and elite offense or QB and sub par defense.

this is a passing league now. only 1 team in the NFL is good enough to win with a great D and weak passing game, and they have one of the strongest rushing games in the NFL.

the Patriots and Colts have done alot of winning this decade because of what happens on the offensive side of the ball, not the defensive side.
You can say that about other bad teams like the Lions and Bills. It just shows you that this team is not ready to turn the corner and be a good football team. Bad teams find a way to lose.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by NastyNinerFan:

this is a passing league now. only 1 team in the NFL is good enough to win with a great D and weak passing game, and they have one of the strongest rushing games in the NFL.

the Patriots and Colts have done alot of winning this decade because of what happens on the offensive side of the ball, not the defensive side.

Unfortunately, Dingleberry never realized this.
We've been hypnotized by Dr. York. Yes, the 49ers are a playoff team, Yes, Alex Smith is a year away from elite status, Yes, we don't need a GM.........that's all that is in your minds 49er fans, now buy your tickets and buy the apparel and everything will be fine.
Yep, poor coaching and schemes, failure to adjust to anything at halftime is the reason this team loses. And we are forced to watch it.

With a good coaching staff, this team could win the west. That isn't saying much but at least it is a start.

At the start of the season I thought we had the talent, not anymore.

I'll also add turnovers to the list: Teams simply do not win with our turnover ratio. I know it touches on a sensitive issue, but it is a hard quantitative statistic with established predictive utility.
We're missing the most important pieces, QB and HC.

Also the defense could use some more speed.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
We're missing the most important pieces, QB and HC.

Also the defense could use some more speed.

No, the most important piece is a competent offensive line. We suck balls in the trenches.
Rubbing the magic crystal ball, I predict this thread will turn into another Alex Smith-bash.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Rubbing the magic crystal ball, I predict this thread will turn into another Alex Smith-bash.

You needed a crystal ball to tell you that?