There are 237 users in the forums

Give Jed a shot

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I agree, RandG. Jed made the right move at the time. I'm still down with him, too.

it ryhmes! FTW!
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:
A team with a worse record and a more proven coach (cowboys) with a much "worse owner" decided it was time to make a change. Mid-season. Then saw victory and motivation because of it. Even in their loss yesterday, they played their hearts out to come back from a large score.

The reason people are "down on jed" is because him, and his gene pool, haven't done anything productive other than talk.

They talked themselves and investors into a proposition for a stadium. Newsflash... the stadium is seing roadblocks thanks to this season.

They continued to let go of potentially good talent/staff while continuing to keep a proven....ly bad... quarterback on the team and chose to keep working with him.

If Jerry Jones can make changes, if the vikings owner can fire a coach, get rid of a trouble-maker... then the Yorks can quit texting ESPN and fix this team.

We aren't the raiders, we expect results and we expect them now. Doing nothing is unacceptable, and that, is exactly what they've done. Nothing. They're basically non-existant.

Hire a GM
Fire the coach
Cut the QB
Train the line
Draft/Sign a QB who gives us a chance despite the line issues and go win some football games... fix the rest as it goes

it's not rocket science and they're doing nothing.

we do not have anyone to replace him with mid season so we dont have that luxury. If we do fire him the next guy in line will probably go on a win streak like Sing did back in 2008 and we all know how that is turning out
Originally posted by Leathaface:
This offseason will make or break how he's perceived.

This
I want Eddie D. back!!!! All the Yorks together don't hold a candle to Eddie!
Originally posted by tohara3:

This
Originally posted by ejroland:
I want Eddie D. back!!!! All the Yorks together don't hold a candle to Eddie!
A team with a worse record and a more proven coach (cowboys) with a much "worse owner" decided it was time to make a change. Mid-season. Then saw victory and motivation because of it. Even in their loss yesterday, they played their hearts out to come back from a large score.

The reason people are "down on jed" is because him, and his gene pool, haven't done anything productive other than talk.

They talked themselves and investors into a proposition for a stadium. Newsflash... the stadium is seing roadblocks thanks to this season.

They continued to let go of potentially good talent/staff while continuing to keep a proven....ly bad... quarterback on the team and chose to keep working with him.

If Jerry Jones can make changes, if the vikings owner can fire a coach, get rid of a trouble-maker... then the Yorks can quit texting ESPN and fix this team.

We aren't the raiders, we expect results and we expect them now. Doing nothing is unacceptable, and that, is exactly what they've done. Nothing. They're basically non-existant.

Hire a GM
Fire the coach
Cut the QB
Train the line
Draft/Sign a QB who gives us a chance despite the line issues and go win some football games... fix the rest as it goes

You think Jerry Jones is a "worse owner" than the Yorks? He's a way better owner, his problem is that hes the team's GM too.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
we don't have a choice, his daddy owns the team.

As long as Daddy holds the checkbook, Jed is a powerless joke. Dingletary was hired mainly because he came cheap, like the other two head coaches after Mooch was fired.
From what I have noticed McNabb and Vick fell in our laps and that would have immediately made this team better why not make a move we had plenty of cap. As for coaching there is no cap so why the scabs? This falls on ownership and for the 1st time in many years I am not attending games until they put out a product worth paying for. I really hope Troy succeeds but this all falls on our ownership and we deserve better!
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
From what I have noticed McNabb and Vick fell in our laps and that would have immediately made this team better why not make a move we had plenty of cap. As for coaching there is no cap so why the scabs? This falls on ownership and for the 1st time in many years I am not attending games until they put out a product worth paying for. I really hope Troy succeeds but this all falls on our ownership and we deserve better!

Neither of those two would be doing any better with our line as bad as it is.

Originally posted by btthepunk:

Hire a GM
Fire the coach
Cut the QB
Train the line

You think Jerry Jones is a "worse owner" than the Yorks? He's a way better owner, his problem is that hes the team's GM too.

well i mean, i quoted it as a mass theory more than my own speculation. I agree with you 100%, if he wouldn't mess with the coaches so much, he'd get his team back on track, and actually, the older he's gotten, the less I've seen him on the sidelines in the coaches ears like he use to.... granted... he had a dynasty because of that
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I agree, RandG. Jed made the right move at the time. I'm still down with him, too.

Yep. Singletary was the right guy at the time. Nolan had lost the locker room. Singletary for all of his short comings had instant credibility with the players. Unfortunately he didn't have the necessary expertise to coach in today's NFL.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by tohara3:

This

Especially choosing the next coach. Jed better not be impressed by power point slides again.
  • Veteran
Do we have a choice?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) We know he is not good.

We do? I don't. I was hoping you would have a small paragraph explaining why he is not good, but instead you used this as one of your points with no substance to back it.

Quote:
2) Not everybody liked him. I knew he was an idoit like his father.

Again, care to share why a), you think not everybody likes him, and b) you think he's an idiot like his father? So far you're seriously failing to tell me, or anyone else your logic behind these whine and snivel remarks.

Quote:
3) I'll let you in on a little secret. He's not really in charge. He's a Frontman / Faceman only. John York controls this team. They needed new found hope and change because people were sick of the fat head Yorks losing ways. So install "a new face" in the hopes to land a brand new fancy stadium.

Nice secret. Thanks for sharing. But, uh, what's it again, OH YEAH, would you care to share with us why you think this secret is valid, and maybe point us to some links that might have this valuable information?
Share 49ersWebzone