LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

If we lose, do not put in alex smith!!! here's why..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we lose, we will be 3-8, with almost no shot at the playoffs.... alex smith will come in and tear it up because the games dont mean anything, we will just miss the playoffs, and we will have another whole crap load of questions like last year.... lol

sadly in some twisted way i think you guys agree with this
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I agree.

Alex should be cut asap.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Nope, Alex Smith and Singletary are gone after the season no matter what.

Alex will most likely be gone anyway. Troy Smith too. Carr for sure. The ten cent head on the practice squad as well. We need new QB's.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

New secondary and a passrusher. and some skill player and a pro bowl qb. lol stanford's head coach!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 26, 2010 at 13:55:34 ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

New secondary and a passrusher. and some skill player and a pro bowl qb. lol stanford's head coach!

Um, we need a new oline or an oline coach that can actually turn our current crop of turdbags around.

We lead the league in QB hits..our QBs have been hit 66 times in 10 games.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Um, we need a new oline or an oline coach that can actually turn our current crop of turdbags around.

We lead the league in QB hits..our QBs have been hit 66 times in 10 games.

Dang we should just put carr in lol. Aww
  • bret
  • Veteran

I agree Alex shouldn't play, but unlike Sing (who SHOULD be fired-now!), cutting Alex hurts more than it helps. He will walk after the season and we could get as high as a 3rd round comp pick for losing him. If we cut him we get nothing, and there are no free agents out there right now worth throwing away a 3rd round pick over.
this topic again
Originally posted by jreff22:
this topic again

Yes.

its not really a topic at all
For some reason I still believe in alex smith, look at the coaching staff he has It the worst and I think with a good coordinator and coach he can turn it around!! This season falls on singletary not alex!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ace130:
For some reason I still believe in alex smith, look at the coaching staff he has It the worst and I think with a good coordinator and coach he can turn it around!! This season falls on singletary not alex!!

Do you also believe in Santa ?
Meh if we lose Monday night I say let whoever play. Season will be done.

I'd say let Alex play for a bigger contract somewhere else next year. Maybe let him play and if he does well he can be trade bait (if we resign him)....

...hey it worked in madden.
I'm sorry but your stance is st____ (chose to sensor myself here) because until we're mathematically eliminated we're still in it with a Loss.

Some of you geniuses want Gruden to replace Sing. I think that would be an excellent choice. But I would like to point out to you that Gruden DOES like Alex and has had no qualms saying so.

The thing that has been killing us every season is not the QB. It's the quality of the playcalling and the tardiness of it. No QB can thrive in that environment. Not one. You think Brady and Manning are gods? They need continuity like everybody else. They need protection like everybody else. And they need their teammates like everybody else.

I figure Alex is gone at the end of the season anyway. But I would laugh my ass off if he got picked up and had a beter career elsewhere. Look at Shaun Hill. He's on a crappy Lions team and he's playing better than he EVER did here.

You're fooling yourselves if you believe that Shaun Hill is a better QB than Alex is. He's just in a better environment, even one as bad as Detroit.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone