Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's the worst coaching staff in the league which is picked by the worst ownership in the league.

And they play in worst stadium in the league and have the worst qb in the league.

Maybe on the stadium. There is actually worse QB's though. Ours is in the bottom 5 - 10 for sure.

Who's worse ?

Shaun Hill.

I think he's better then our guys but thats just a matter of opinion I guess. Also he is the second string.

Wow did you get drunk on spoiled KoolAid? Hill isn't better than any of our Guys. Our guys are just handcuffed to inept play calling, bad Line and crappy Receiving. Doesn't make them good, but by no means does that mean that Hill is better than any of them. Sadly you can't get past your man crush on the pie thrower.

~Ceadder

He out performed them when he was here.

btw

also aren't you the same guy that said Alex is better then Rivers ??

That's not what the stats say.

And I still believe that Alex IS a better QB than Rivers. You give Alex a quality play caller and he's pretty good. Of course he doesn't take chances. Cause our HC doesn't let him until we get behind on the scoreboard. His mechanics are superior to Rivers in every way. When he has the chance to plant his front foot he's as accurate. And his arm is just as strong. Even after just about having it knocked off his shoulder.

It's obvious that your judgement of #11 is clouded by our W/L record.

I'm not saying that Alex is the greatest ever. I'm just saying that he's been severely handicapped by inferior coaching, a bad Line and bad Receivers. And look what he's still been able to accomplish in the Red Zone. Oh speaking of Red Zone his stats there are better than Rivers too.

He's gone, let your hatred go. Otherwise it's going to eat at you from the inside out. I can see that it's already doing so.

I never agreed with the firing of Dan Reeves back when Elway was still playing. But one thing is for certain, SOMETIMES a change is necessary. Alex going someplace else is a good thing if he can do like Jeff did and find a capable coaching staff to latch onto. Cause this one is a joke. And I find it incredible that you(and others) act like Alex is the problem. Like you believe that we have superior parts of the whole and cutting the cord with Alex will fix everything. You probably thought the Line would be an Iron Curtain when we picked Iupati and Davis in the draft too.

~Ceadder

That statement right there pretty much says it all. If you truly believe that then there is no point in talking football with you.

I thought I heard it all

this dude is saying Smith is better than Rivers?? jesus christ
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
It's the worst coaching staff in the league which is picked by the worst ownership in the league.

And they play in worst stadium in the league and have the worst qb in the league.

Maybe on the stadium. There is actually worse QB's though. Ours is in the bottom 5 - 10 for sure.

Who's worse ?

Shaun Hill.

I think he's better then our guys but thats just a matter of opinion I guess. Also he is the second string.

Wow did you get drunk on spoiled KoolAid? Hill isn't better than any of our Guys. Our guys are just handcuffed to inept play calling, bad Line and crappy Receiving. Doesn't make them good, but by no means does that mean that Hill is better than any of them. Sadly you can't get past your man crush on the pie thrower.

~Ceadder

btw

And I still believe that Alex IS a better QB than Rivers. You give Alex a quality play caller and he's pretty good. Of course he doesn't take chances. Cause our HC doesn't let him until we get behind on the scoreboard. His mechanics are superior to Rivers in every way. When he has the chance to plant his front foot he's as accurate. And his arm is just as strong. Even after just about having it knocked off his shoulder.

I'm not saying that Alex is the greatest ever. I'm just saying that he's been severely handicapped by inferior coaching, a bad Line and bad Receivers. And look what he's still been able to accomplish in the Red Zone. Oh speaking of Red Zone his stats there are better than Rivers too.

He's gone, let your hatred go. Otherwise it's going to eat at you from the inside out. I can see that it's already doing so.

I never agreed with the firing of Dan Reeves back when Elway was still playing. But one thing is for certain, SOMETIMES a change is necessary. Alex going someplace else is a good thing if he can do like Jeff did and find a capable coaching staff to latch onto. Cause this one is a joke. And I find it incredible that you(and others) act like Alex is the problem. Like you believe that we have superior parts of the whole and cutting the cord with Alex will fix everything. You probably thought the Line would be an Iron Curtain when we picked Iupati and Davis in the draft too.

~Ceadder

That statement right there pretty much says it all. If you truly believe that then there is no point in talking football with you.

I thought I heard it all

this dude is saying Smith is better than Rivers?? jesus christ

Well, you can now say you have done and seen it all. RIP bird.

and Rivers is elite, Smith is el crappo

[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Nov 26, 2010 at 17:49:08 ]
Honestly, simply replacing Sing with a legitimate HC will make our current staff act like winners. The moment Scott Linehan (sp?) decided not to take the job with the 49ers Sing proved he would be unable to attract legit coaching talent. Luckily the majority of the coaches were already on board. When Sing is gone we Mike Johnson is probably gone to, but the rest could stay and this includes Trent Balke.

Who's worse ?

Shaun Hill.

~Ceadder

btw

~Ceadder

You talk Football? Honestly? Since when? Didn't you just say that Shaun Hill is better than every QB on this team? And that it's because of W/L record?

I just proved to you not a mere 10 minutes ago that W/L record don't mean sh!t when it comes to QB.

If you don't believe my statement then DISPROVE it. Point out the error of my stance.

Stance one.

Alex Smith has far superior mechanics to Rivers. True? False? DDo you honestly believe that Rivers sidearm delivery is taught by Coaches around the sport as acceptable?

Stance two.

I believe that when Alex plants his front foot on his delivery that he's as accurate. Prove he's not. Give me examples of when he's been able to plant that he's not accurate. Should be easy for you since you talk Football.

I know for a fact that Alex has better Red Zone statistics than Rivers. But yet I'm sure you disagree. So once again PROVE otherwise.

And lastly, I'll point out that Alex has accomplished positive things DESPITE being hammerlocked by the Offensive Staff that he's worked with over the last 6 years... well it's 4 years due to the 2 injury seasons but you speak in absolutes. So prove my stance incorrect.

To say "There is no use in talking Football with you" doesn't prove jack about jack. It only shows that your knowledge is probably weak and you don't wish to embarrass yourself. At least that's what common sense says about your statement. susweel I used to respect your knowledge. But I've found more and more that your feelings cloud your judgement. I believe that if you put Smith in a similar environment that he's better than Rivers. Prove me wrong.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Nov 26, 2010 at 18:04:40 ]

Who's worse ?

Shaun Hill.

~Ceadder

btw

~Ceadder

You talk Football? Honestly? Since when? Didn't you just say that Shaun Hill is better than every QB on this team? And that it's because of W/L record?

I just proved to you not a mere 10 minutes ago that W/L record don't mean sh!t when it comes to QB.

If you don't believe my statement then DISPROVE it. Point out the error of my stance.

Stance one.

Alex Smith has far superior mechanics to Rivers. True? False? DDo you honestly believe that Rivers sidearm delivery is taught by Coaches around the sport as acceptable?

Stance two.

I believe that when Alex plants his front foot on his delivery that he's as accurate. Prove he's not. Give me examples of when he's been able to plant that he's not accurate. Should be easy for you since you talk Football.

I know for a fact that Alex has better Red Zone statistics than Rivers. But yet I'm sure you disagree. So once again PROVE otherwise.

And lastly, I'll point out that Alex has accomplished positive things DESPITE being hammerlocked by the Offensive Staff that he's worked with over the last 6 years... well it's 4 years due to the 2 injury seasons but you speak in absolutes. So prove my stance incorrect.

To say "There is no use in talking Football with you" doesn't prove jack about jack. It only shows that your knowledge is probably weak and you don't wish to embarrass yourself. At least that's what common sense says about your statement. susweel I used to respect your knowledge. But I've found more and more that your feelings cloud your judgement. I believe that if you put Smith in a similar environment that he's better than Rivers. Prove me wrong.

~Ceadder

Ceadder
I was so on this wagon, but I can't anymore.

Alex is decent when he plants his let, the problem is he consistently locks is and throws high. It has plagued him and I dont see it stopping.

I believe a great QB would be decent with this crappy coaching staff and play calling, Alex is just bad. You are claiming can be great. I don't think so, however, I think in the right situation he can be decent. The run up the middle roll out will not work with him. He needs a spread style similar to Peyton or Brady gets. They are great in it, he would be oK in it.

Dude just needs to get a fresh start somewhere and see if he can make it. He won't here.

His stats are not good anyway you look at it. And Phillip Rivers' decision making and quick delivery is what makes him great. He is accurate and tough as crap. Alex isn't man. It isn't all about mechanics. It is about quarterbacking. Some have it, some don't.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We need to turn the page and close the book on Sing, the entire coaching staff (except Tom Rathman) and Alex Smith and the rest of the QB's not named Troy Smith.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
We need to turn the page and close the book on Sing, the entire coaching staff (except Tom Rathman) and Alex Smith and the rest of the QB's not named Troy Smith.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

Seriously??

His play so far has been good enough to be at least a decent back-up on this team.

Let me guess, your still holding out hope for Alex D. Smith??

Seriously??

His play so far has been good enough to be at least a decent back-up on this team.

He has to do a lot more to be considered a backup for next year.

Seriously??

I would take him as a backup easy. Imagine if he had a decent coordinator.

Seriously??

Yea, Alex is done and grilled with a slice of ceader on top.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Seriously??

He has to do a lot more to be considered a backup for next year.

Like what win the Super Bowl!!!
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Everybody in our coaching staff sucks. Point blank after these last 6 games they better all be gone

It is really hard to assess anybody's talent, the way Singletary runs things. I doubt Mike Johnson wanted to keep running the ball up the middle when it clearly wasn't working against Tampa bay. Singletary wants to keep it conservative and predictable, and it is hard to succeed with this directive.
As per the unwritten rules of the webzone, all threads must become Alex Smith threads, regardless of the original topic and in that regard, this thread delivers.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Seriously??

I would take him as a backup easy. Imagine if he had a decent coordinator.
This, id take alex over Troy with a real OC, wait till next year when troy is still here with a diff oc, and looks worse than carr trying to run the offense.
Share 49ersWebzone