LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

49ers players bag on coaching staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
We need to turn the page and close the book on Sing, the entire coaching staff (except Tom Rathman) and Alex Smith and the rest of the QB's not named Troy Smith.

lol Rathman getting a pass from everyone. I think when the new head coach comes in they should and will get to keep whomever they want or bring in their new coaches. Honestly every coach on our staff had not done a good enough job to warrant any type of job security, not even Rathman.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Wodwo:

You can either throw from the pocket or you can't. But tell me why you think T. Smith can't???

He's short.

O-line can't pass block.

O-line can't create passing lanes.

O-line can't keep defenders hands down.

That one throw in the video was badly under thrown. Watch Crabtree... he's watching Smith the whole route and has the corner beat, but he only slows down after the pass is thrown. He's adjusting to a badly under thrown ball. Good alert play by Crabtree, bad play by the DB.

The whole Bucs game.

The fact that he has two attempts and no completions in the middle of the field. (Bucs game not factored, don't have stats yet.)

The fact that the vast majority of his passes are thrown to the sidelines. I don't have the stats from the Bucs game yet, but before it... 33 attempts to the left and right sidelines, but only 14 to the middle, right, and left of the field.

If you need more, I'll continue....

Mike Vick is 6 ft.

Drew Brees is 6 ft.

Jeff Garcia is 6 ft.

Doug Flutie is a smurf

Seneca Wallace - 5'11"

And you list O-line problems, which is another set of problems. But the fact that he consistently feels pressure and forces him out of the pocket should not go against why hes unable to pass from the pocket. And regardless if that ONE play was under thrown, the fact that he recognized his target and delivered should be enough evidence that he can in fact pass from the pocket.

But nice for you all to put 3 games in a players career. And by that kind of evaluation Alex Smith should have been cut a long time ago.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BringBackTO:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
We need to turn the page and close the book on Sing, the entire coaching staff (except Tom Rathman) and Alex Smith and the rest of the QB's not named Troy Smith.

Seriously??

His play so far has been good enough to be at least a decent back-up on this team.

Let me guess, your still holding out hope for Alex D. Smith??

I would take him as a backup easy. Imagine if he had a decent coordinator.
This, id take alex over Troy with a real OC, wait till next year when troy is still here with a diff oc, and looks worse than carr trying to run the offense.

I think Rubberneck36 is saying he'd take Troy not Alex as a back-up. But I'd take Troy Smith over Alex Smith all day, no questions asked.

With a good OC there's no way you take Troy over Alex. In the long run you're gonna need a guy who can throw from the pocket.

You mean like this:

Great, one play. And he looked like Nate Davis vs. Tampa.

Because Alexis is the model of consistency.

Alexis Bio
Share 49ersWebzone