There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tim Kawakami's article on hiring Jim Harbaugh

I agree with everything Tim Kawakami says in this article.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/11/23/jim-harbaugh-the-49ers-likely-opening-their-plans-and-the-jedmarathe-power-structure/
Hiring Harbaugh should be some sort of ultimatum. It just makes too much sense, especially the Stanford/Walsh connection.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Hiring Harbaugh should be some sort of ultimatum. It just makes too much sense, especially the Stanford/Walsh connection.

It makes so much sense that the Yorks will do anything and everything to screw it up.
I think it's time for an offical Head Coaching prospect list..........
Originally posted by Maui9er:

1. Jim Harbaugh
1A. Jim Harbaugh

[ Edited by Sjceruti on Nov 23, 2010 at 21:44:26 ]
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

1. Jim Harbaugh
1A. Jim Harbaugh

Why is everyone so high on him. because of walsh. well walsh also picked terry as the gm that started this mess 10 years ago. besides college coach's normally don't do well in the pro's.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

1. Jim Harbaugh
1A. Jim Harbaugh

Why is everyone so high on him. because of walsh. well walsh also picked terry as the gm that started this mess 10 years ago. besides college coach's normally don't do well in the pro's.

Because most college coaches dont have the nfl background Jim Harbaugh does.

I dont care that he went to Stanford, I care that hes a good football coach with NFL type ability who can make things happen.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I really hate it when people say this.

He might have picked him, but Walsh didn't make the decisions. Donahue did.

Plus, Donahue is gone. What's our record right now?

Your point is silly.
I think we should have a GM in place before we go after Harbaugh
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I really hate it when people say this.

He might have picked him, but Walsh didn't make the decisions. Donahue did.

Plus, Donahue is gone. What's our record right now?

Your point is silly.

I agree with you.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Thank you!

Holy crap, thank you!

Even though I don't see it happening, this organization needs top to bottom restructuring, not just the coaching staff.

We need experienced NFL guys at the top of the food chain. Jed needs to go away and let the guys who know the NFL make the decisions. Hell, he can keep his title, as long as he doesn't get in the way. Maybe he'll learn something and when he fully inherits the team, we'll be set for generations. May be a pipe dream, but I'll smoke whatever you got in that pipe if it makes this happen.

We need someone who can come in and analyze the trainers, coaches, players, cheerleaders, equipment guys, and janitors. Decide what we have that's worth something, then make a decision about what Head Coach will fit the situation best.

Then make the Yorks pay the guy whatever he wants so we can get him. The Head Coach can make final decisions about his coaching staff, but the GM will already be there to introduce him to the coaches that he feels are worth something.

The Head Coach can keep his mind on the job of preparing players to play football games. The GM can supply that coach with more personnel that fits that coaches philosophy.

We need to simplify this s**t so that we don't overwhelm anybody like I think we did with Mike Nolan. Not that Nolan wouldn't have failed anyway, he was a crummy Head Coach with some good ideas who did end up doing some good for this franchise in the long run, mostly building a better culture for the team and improving talent levels. He just sucked at execution. Just don't make the same stupid mistake again.

Now, who do we hire as GM? Needs to be a guy who knows football history as well as the modern game. Needs to be a guy who can analyze player talent at all positions. Needs to be a guy who understands at least the basics of chalk talk on both sides of the ball. Who's available that fits that criteria?

I'm at a loss. I can't think of anyone who's available who'd want to be a GM. Tony Dungy?

Anybody got anything?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I agree with you.

::huge hug that lasts just a little bit too long::

Thanks.

I love you.

I agree with you.

Thanks.

I love you.

I'm crying tears of joy right now.

I agree with you.

Thanks.

I love you.

I'm crying tears of joy right now.

of joy?? damm sus, c'mmon dude
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Thank you!

Holy crap, thank you!

Even though I don't see it happening, this organization needs top to bottom restructuring, not just the coaching staff.

We need experienced NFL guys at the top of the food chain. Jed needs to go away and let the guys who know the NFL make the decisions. Hell, he can keep his title, as long as he doesn't get in the way. Maybe he'll learn something and when he fully inherits the team, we'll be set for generations. May be a pipe dream, but I'll smoke whatever you got in that pipe if it makes this happen.

We need someone who can come in and analyze the trainers, coaches, players, cheerleaders, equipment guys, and janitors. Decide what we have that's worth something, then make a decision about what Head Coach will fit the situation best.

Then make the Yorks pay the guy whatever he wants so we can get him. The Head Coach can make final decisions about his coaching staff, but the GM will already be there to introduce him to the coaches that he feels are worth something.

The Head Coach can keep his mind on the job of preparing players to play football games. The GM can supply that coach with more personnel that fits that coaches philosophy.

We need to simplify this s**t so that we don't overwhelm anybody like I think we did with Mike Nolan. Not that Nolan wouldn't have failed anyway, he was a crummy Head Coach with some good ideas who did end up doing some good for this franchise in the long run, mostly building a better culture for the team and improving talent levels. He just sucked at execution. Just don't make the same stupid mistake again.

Now, who do we hire as GM? Needs to be a guy who knows football history as well as the modern game. Needs to be a guy who can analyze player talent at all positions. Needs to be a guy who understands at least the basics of chalk talk on both sides of the ball. Who's available that fits that criteria?

I'm at a loss. I can't think of anyone who's available who'd want to be a GM. Tony Dungy?

Anybody got anything?

Well Kawakami mentions in his article that Michael Lombardi would be a candidate, I don't really know anything about him other than he's on NFLN lol.

Oh and I agree, someone should analyze the cheerleaders, where do I apply for that?