There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wasting the Career of Frank Gore...

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
some of you guys, Betterdayz included, are good posters...but you are wrong on Gore. Dude is a great 9er.

Thanks. But that's how I feel. I might be.

alright, word. I am not the 5 page arguing type guy. Good talk.

later man. (Gore is not a backup yet though)


Yup, just looking for them Betterdayz.............
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
some of you guys, Betterdayz included, are good posters...but you are wrong on Gore. Dude is a great 9er.

Thanks. But that's how I feel. I might be.

alright, word. I am not the 5 page arguing type guy. Good talk.

later man. (Gore is not a backup yet though)


Yup, just looking for them Betterdayz.............

, what is better than the first RB or WR to reach 1000 yds. Those legs are pretty fresh. The scheme and coaching is f*cked, not Gore.
This reminds me of the Paul Hofer situation. Just when the 9ers got good, he had to retire.
Of all the things wrong with this team, for some to make Frank Gore of all people a scapegoat. For those who want to drop Gore and build around VD and Crabs, lets remember VD has only one good season in terms of receiving under his belt. Crabs is still coming along, but we can't annoint him yet. It's not Gore's fault that we have had 6 years of poor coaching and planning. We should also remember that Gore is 27, not 35. He's got a good 2-3 years as a top back, and perhaps even more if we use Dixon more, at least at a 2 to 1 ratio as far as splitting carries between the two.

The good news is, in spite of what people believe, we are not that far away. The right personnel moves, and we are right in the thick of things next season. Here's hoping that this is the last season that the talents of Frank Gore (and others like him, VD, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, etc) are wasted.
Originally posted by father49er:
This reminds me of the Paul Hofer situation. Just when the 9ers got good, he had to retire.

Indeed, he was the first Niner great that I knew, if too briefly. Their running styles are eerily similar--"I'm pointed at the gap I'm going to hit!!! Tackle me if you can, you b*tch's b*astard's whores.

Edit: It's hard to blaspheme when apostrophes in the way.

[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Nov 24, 2010 at 21:22:47 ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I was just thinking about this the other day.

IMO opinion, Frank is the best RB this team has ever seen. He's better than Craig. He's better than Hearst. He's better than Perry. He's better than Watters (by alot).

What sucks the most about this is the "Barry Sanders" syndrome. This team has never been able to actually take advantage of that fact and get it together. My fear is that by the time this team gets a real OC with a real HC and a real QB, Franks best days will be behind him.

I hope I'm wrong, but RBs don't last that long. :-(

He is very good, possibly HOF material but is not the best ever.

To your question/comment, his career isn't being wasted as to establishing a legacy. What is being wasted is his potential to help the team win. The utter failure to bring in coaches that can run a modern offense that establishes the pass has hurt Gore's numbers and, consequently, the chance to win.

A team with NFL average talent will win 2 or 3 games each year by out-coaching the opponent, not by superior talent. In the case of the 49ers, they have been consistently out-coached ever since Mooch was fired, and particularly this season. There is not a single game this year that the scheme or game plan has been the deciding factor. Despite Gore's fine year, all of that has been offset by issues that start with poor training/coaching.

I didn't say he was the best ever (IMO, that would be Walter Payton), I said he's the best THIS team has ever had.
I understood the topic was for the 49ers.

It goes back a long way but Joe Perry and Hugh McElhenny were both better, so was John Henry Johnson although his greatest years were after he left the team. All three of them are in the HOF, although very few here were around to see them.

No biggie...
Gore > R.Craig

Gore > G.Hearst

Gore> errbody
We already wasted it. It will 3 - 5 more years to build this at which time Frank will be past his prime. It happens to teams with a bad rebuilding plan.
I wouldn't mind trading Gore. Remember the Bill Walsh philosophy trade a player before he sucks and I love Gore what a rock he has been the past few years. The problem is this team ain't going no where fast unless there drastic change and successful stability in front office, philosophy, and coaching staff. It hasn't happen for a while and Gore been taking a pounding to his body year after year. There also a lock out looming next year so by 2012 will the Niners have a stability in front office, philosophy, coaching staff, and players around Gore take the next step of being good. Are they going for that super elite Franchise QB like Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or a decent QB like Matt Ryan, Matt Schuab, and Joe Flacco? Is the O-line going to take the next step and be good consistently and tap into the so call "Talent" through the seasons? Frank Gore ain't getting any younger and the wear and tear on his body is building up of the hits he takes and dishes out from 2006. It'll be interesting to see the next few season of how Frank Gore feels the direction of the Niners are going up or down?
Originally posted by fullmetalx:
. Remember the Bill Walsh philosophy trade a player before he sucks

That wasn't Walsh's philosophy.

Haley and Montana were the only two "greats" we traded.

Rice, Lott, Craig, Watters, etc. were all just dumped, and three of the four of them went on to have several very good seasons with other teams after Walsh dropped them.
If gore was running behind a good Oline like the jets he would challange 2000 yards every year. The fact that he has done what he has done with possibly the worst supporting cast is rediculous.
Originally posted by fullmetalx:
I wouldn't mind trading Gore. Remember the Bill Walsh philosophy trade a player before he sucks and I love Gore what a rock he has been the past few years. The problem is this team ain't going no where fast unless there drastic change and successful stability in front office, philosophy, and coaching staff. It hasn't happen for a while and Gore been taking a pounding to his body year after year. There also a lock out looming next year so by 2012 will the Niners have a stability in front office, philosophy, coaching staff, and players around Gore take the next step of being good. Are they going for that super elite Franchise QB like Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or a decent QB like Matt Ryan, Matt Schuab, and Joe Flacco? Is the O-line going to take the next step and be good consistently and tap into the so call "Talent" through the seasons? Frank Gore ain't getting any younger and the wear and tear on his body is building up of the hits he takes and dishes out from 2006. It'll be interesting to see the next few season of how Frank Gore feels the direction of the Niners are going up or down?
Gore's trade value is already diminished due to his age. RB is the easiest skill position for a rookie, and there are plenty of good RBs coming out of college every year. No team is going to give up very much for a RB with the miles Gore has at his age.

All Gore needs is a good offensive mind running the team and he will be of much greater value here than he would bring in a trade.
Frank gores career hasn't been wasted. It's a priveledge (spelling) to be here, he's getting paid millions, it's not a waste.
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Frank gores career hasn't been wasted. It's a priveledge (spelling) to be here, he's getting paid millions, it's not a waste.

It's a waste for how much heart he has, gore and willis seem like the players that would give kidneys for the 49ers to make a playoff run. They play with so much heart and determination and in the end we still suck because we don't have a front office, coaching staff, qb, o-line, or secondary
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Here's a testament to just how predictable we are and just how bad our blocking is.

Gore making something out of nothing on a bunch of these plays. Not the best quality, but the best example of highlights I could find to show this.


go niners!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go frankie "the tank" gore