There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wasting the Career of Frank Gore...

In that case, every nfl player in the league is wasting their time because THERE WILL BE NO FOOTBALL NEXT YEAR?
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by danimal:
yeah I predicted this years ago, which is why I have suggested many times in the past to trade him

I always knew we were too far away from ever being able to use him.

Willis, Crabs , VD...sure once the rebuild is done they will have a couple of years left in them...but Gore was always tradeable in my book.

Now its too late.

to late? There would be teams drooling over acquiring Frank Gore.

If we were giving him away, certainly. But why should we do that.

Several posters seems to think that it would be worth trading him. So what do you think we would get, in draft picks?

In my view it simply would not be worth it.

I wouldn't want Frank Gore to be traded. He needs to remain a 49er. I was simply just replying to the comment about it being to late as if Frank Gore has lost all of his value.

He has lost his value. He had a lot of value before, which is why I wanted to trade him before....now it is too late.

GM's are smarter than fans...remember that.

You have to understand the difference between a top tier RB and a 2nd tier RB. 90% of TOP Tier RB's are and will always be between the ages of 23 and 28. People mistake longevity for being elite. Just because Tomlinson and other may have longevity doesn't mean they are elite.

You get to become an HOF RB for being ELITE for 5 years, and being 2nd tier for 5 to 8 more years.

The fact that some RB's are still good past 28 does NOT discount my point.

What exactly did the Jets trade for LT? Oh thats right nothing. Thats my point. Nobdy trades for an older back. They wait for him to hit the market.

As I said in another post...there is no such thing as bad timing, only lack of planning and speculating wrong. Some of us knew this team was doomed and another rebuild would happen. Some of us knew that Gore in his prime will never coincide with a Good Niner team.

At one time Frank Gore would have gotten us some good draft picks which we could have used to hasten the rebuild, and he could have gone to a good team.

Misguided faith in people like Alex Smith, Mike Singletary, Jimmy Raye did ultimately waste Gores career. And misguided faith in Jed York will most likely waste Willis, VD and Crabs careers as well.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't understand the masses saying Frank is the best back the 49ers every had, he is not even close. Craig and Watters had way more receiving skills.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Sanders made the HOF so I do not consider his career wasted.

Gore is headed for nothing really. He isn't much of a speaker so I doubt he ends up on TV. It is RB coach or bust after his career is done.

I do.

Why do you think he retired in his prime? He was sick of losing.

Huh? If that was the reason why he retired, why didn't he just go to another winning team instead?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Gore is headed for nothing really. He isn't much of a speaker so I doubt he ends up on TV. It is RB coach or bust after his career is done.

I do.

Huh? If that was the reason why he retired, why didn't he just go to another winning team instead?

-9fA

he couldn't....he was locked in with the Lions for long term, and they stated they would never trade him. He could have held out but he didn't. I think he claims he really was done with football, but most people believed being stuck on the Detroit Lions must have played a role.

I think he maybe thought they were turning a corner when he signed a new contract, that was his biggest mistake

I do.

-9fA

the lions would not release him. It was a crappy deal
Originally posted by danimal:

I do.

-9fA

he couldn't....he was locked in with the Lions for long term, and they stated they would never trade him. He could have held out but he didn't. I think he claims he really was done with football, but most people believed being stuck on the Detroit Lions must have played a role.

I think he maybe thought they were turning a corner when he signed a new contract, that was his biggest mistake

Cheers..didn't know

-9fA
Originally posted by BobS:
I don't understand the masses saying Frank is the best back the 49ers every had, he is not even close. Craig and Watters had way more receiving skills.

...and Frank is a better pure runner than both and a FAR superior blocker than Watters.

Watters isn't really even in the discussion, but Craig is close.

I take Gore tho. I loved Roger Craig, but I'd take Gore.
I loved Roger Craig, but I'd take Gore.

Agreed. Gore would have been amazing on the teams that Roger played for.
Originally posted by BobS:

YEah but waters sucked when the gameplan was designed around him running.. He could not have thrived in a run first offense.

Frank and Hearst are my top 2 niner backs.
totally agree. Hearst was my favorite but Gore is close if not tied with him in my eyes.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Nope

Because Frank gets all uptight if he doesn't get all of the carries.

Except for 1988 when Craig was NFC Player of the Year (also called the year of the High Knee Step), Craig always shared the load. With Tyler, with Rathman. There was always another back. Frank has never had that and, quite frankly, emotionally could not handle that.

We had Rice, Taylor, Frank, Francis, and Later Jones. Clark and Solomon too.

Craig had 3 years where he was the man in the backfield but there was ALWAYS another back that was important

Norris is complete garbage at this point. We have Brian Freaking Westbrook on the team and he has to have less than 20 touches ALL YEAR

No wonder why a talent like Blount would not want to sign here

Don't get me wrong, I love Frank and I'm glad he break a lot of records. They will be hollow records, however.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Nope

Because Frank gets all uptight if he doesn't get all of the carries.

Except for 1988 when Craig was NFC Player of the Year (also called the year of the High Knee Step), Craig always shared the load. With Tyler, with Rathman. There was always another back. Frank has never had that and, quite frankly, emotionally could not handle that.

We had Rice, Taylor, Frank, Francis, and Later Jones. Clark and Solomon too.

Craig had 3 years where he was the man in the backfield but there was ALWAYS another back that was important

Norris is complete garbage at this point. We have Brian Freaking Westbrook on the team and he has to have less than 20 touches ALL YEAR

No wonder why a talent like Blount would not want to sign here

Don't get me wrong, I love Frank and I'm glad he break a lot of records. They will be hollow records, however.

It's a lot easier to play Rb when you have the greatest coach, qb, wr of all time

yes, exactly. Imagine that. He would have been amazing. jeez, some people don't see it. Sometimes it is all about timing.