LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I almost want to get our azzes beat real bad this weekend because it's real entertaining to read all the fallout after the game and on Monday.....
This should probably be merged into an NFL talk thread because we are discussing a team other than the 49ers...just to be consistent with mod practices on this board.
Weather won't be that bad for the game. Sunny, no wind, high 20s/low 30s.

couldn't ask for better than that in Green Bay in December.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The damn Packers own a 7 game win streak over us

And they're 12-2 against us since 1990

They own us.

we need Alex...

For sure...............

Yes we are so missing that robotic style of qb play.

• fly15
  • Veteran

They own us.

we need Alex...

For sure...............

Hi I'm a new member so I can't create a new post so here it goes.

After this weekend, we'll probably be two games out of first, but...

Ok so I'm putting on a realistic cap, but I still feel positive. After this weekend, a lot of fans will be giving up. It's understandable since we'll be two games back with 4 games to go. But I think fans need to be patient. Don't get me wrong, I think the niners had a great game against the Cardinals, but "they were who we thought they were", the Cardinals. And I think they have a chance, but let's say I wouldn't bet on it. But the reason I'm still optimistic is this:

49ers final 5 games:
@ GB
vs SEA
@ SD
@ STL
vs ARI

Seahawks final 5 games:
vs CAR
@ SF
vs ATL
@ TB
vs STL

Rams final 5 games:
@ ARI
@ NO
vs KC
vs SF
@ SEA

OK here's what I think. Seattle sucks basically. They beat us, but we're sucked more, but we're not the same team they way we started the year. I think after this weekend, where they might win against Carolina, they'll loose the next 4, finishing with 6-10.

St. Louis will be the team to keep us out of the playoffs. It may really will come down to week 16. So if they beat ARI and SEA and lose the rest including to us, they'll finish with 7-9.

And if we win all our division games, but lose against GB and SD, our record will also be 7-9, but we'll have the tie-breaker.

Another interesting possibility is if we beat either GB or SD but lose to STL, and STL
gets spoiled at SEA in the final game, then we both would finish with 7-9. and our head-to-head would be 1-1. But the beauty is, we'll have finished with a better conference record, and that'll put the first team in NFL history to go to the playoffs with under .500 win percentage, and the first team to go starting off 0-5.

But in all honesty all I want for christmas is for the niners to win 5 straight and not make it interesting. thanks for reading sorry for such a long post, I promise my next will be much shorter.

GO NINERS!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

They own us.

we need Alex...

For sure...............

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lucho49:
Hi I'm a new member so I can't create a new post so here it goes.

After this weekend, we'll probably be two games out of first, but...

Ok so I'm putting on a realistic cap, but I still feel positive. After this weekend, a lot of fans will be giving up. It's understandable since we'll be two games back with 4 games to go. But I think fans need to be patient. Don't get me wrong, I think the niners had a great game against the Cardinals, but "they were who we thought they were", the Cardinals. And I think they have a chance, but let's say I wouldn't bet on it. But the reason I'm still optimistic is this:

49ers final 5 games:
@ GB
vs SEA
@ SD
@ STL
vs ARI

Seahawks final 5 games:
vs CAR
@ SF
vs ATL
@ TB
vs STL

Rams final 5 games:
@ ARI
@ NO
vs KC
vs SF
@ SEA

OK here's what I think. Seattle sucks basically. They beat us, but we're sucked more, but we're not the same team they way we started the year. I think after this weekend, where they might win against Carolina, they'll loose the next 4, finishing with 6-10.

St. Louis will be the team to keep us out of the playoffs. It may really will come down to week 16. So if they beat ARI and SEA and lose the rest including to us, they'll finish with 7-9.

And if we win all our division games, but lose against GB and SD, our record will also be 7-9, but we'll have the tie-breaker.

Another interesting possibility is if we beat either GB or SD but lose to STL, and STL
gets spoiled at SEA in the final game, then we both would finish with 7-9. and our head-to-head would be 1-1. But the beauty is, we'll have finished with a better conference record, and that'll put the first team in NFL history to go to the playoffs with under .500 win percentage, and the first team to go starting off 0-5.

But in all honesty all I want for christmas is for the niners to win 5 straight and not make it interesting. thanks for reading sorry for such a long post, I promise my next will be much shorter.

GO NINERS!!

welcome
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Actually yes, every time I see Rodgers play I tell myself he should be our QB. But this has also been discussed at great length on this site, if Aaron Rodgers comes here under NOT mentoring under Favre, NOT getting thrown to the wolves as a rookie, NOT having premier weapons around him when he takes the field as a starter, blah blah blah. Bottom line, yeah it sounds good to b***h that we should have taken Rodgers, the reality is it's likely we'd be no better off today if we did.

BS.

Rodgers is a quality QB, Smith is not. Reverse roles and Smith would still fail in GB. Rodgers might not be as good as he currently is if he came here instead, but he's still the better QB of the two and would have a better chance of success under the same circumstances as Alex Smith.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Dec 1, 2010 at 16:39:42 ]
everytime they play GB i just count it as a loss. saves me the gut punch i always feel when they get smoked

I don't give a s**t about Aaron Rogers. All that comes to me is my hatred for that f**king cheesehead franchise.
God Almighty we need to lose this game bad!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
It is very difficult not to dwell on the fact that Aaron Rodgers should have been our pick. I can't wait a 49ers-packers game and not think about this. It hurts bad...When I pee.

i think you should be more concerned about the hurtng when you urinate. Sounds like a case of the ibbi jeebies to me. Who are you hanging out with? Be more concerned about that. 23 other teams passed on this guy also. cooda wooda shooda. Its over be done with it. We suck and stick with that for awhile
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

we will
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

we will
Share 49ersWebzone