There are 193 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

how far away are we....

Hopefully one off-season!
Originally posted by WestCoast:
we need a HC/QB combo
We're the distance between Simpletary's ears away from taking the division this year.

That close
The sad part of this whole thing is we STILL have many of the same needs/weaknesses that we've had the last couple of seasons:

1. No GM
2. No Coach
3. No QB
4. Horrible O-Line
5. No Speed on Offense (Ted Ginn is a joke)
6. No #1 Reciever
7. No Pass Rush
8. No Secondary
9. No Speed on Defense
10. Bend but don't break
11. Only 3-4 team in the league that isn't aggressive
12. Corners still give a 8 yard cushion
13. I want winners
14. Gotta watch the film
Possibly rookie coach and QB next year so you would think quite a ways but not lately in the NFL...

Flacco on Baltimore
Ryan on Atlanta
Sanchez on New York

all made waves as rooks on teams that weren't expected to do much
We've been saying next year for how many years now?

I honestly don't know. This team can never put it all together.
ur mom
Having had the day off, I had the opportunity to brew a gigantic IPA and listen to the local sports casters talk about Mike Shanahan's resuscitation of the Skins.

Frankly, I'm not a big fan of Shanahan as a HC. However, he has turned around a talent-starved team in the NFC East. That goes to show what even a middling coach like Mike Shanahan can do for a team. It focuses the mind to consider what a middling coach could do for the Niners.

The key point in all off this, however, is that Dan Snyder (the Skins owner) realized that he had failed as an owner/GM and conceded the GM position to Bruce Allen as a condition of Shanahan's hiring.

I sincerely hope that Jed gets the message. If you want a serious coach, you need a serious GM, and--subsequently--you'll have to start behaving like a serious owner.
We are a real front office and HC, and assistants that can develop players away. If we don't get that in order, it won't matter what players we have back there.

Outside of that, we need a franchise QB, a speedy receiver that is worthy of starting, a guard (put a decent veteran guard next to Davis this year and he would not have looked as bad), a starting corner, and OLB/DEs (depending upon what scheme we play next season) that can generate sacks. All of these things can realistically be accomplished in one offseason, depending on the aggressiveness of the front office to make the right personnel moves.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
The sad part of this whole thing is we STILL have many of the same needs/weaknesses that we've had the last couple of seasons:

1. No GM
2. No Coach
3. No QB
4. Horrible O-Line
5. No Speed on Offense (Ted Ginn is a joke)
6. No #1 Reciever
7. No Pass Rush
8. No Secondary
9. No Speed on Defense
10. Bend but don't break
11. Only 3-4 team in the league that isn't aggressive
12. Corners still give a 8 yard cushion
13. I want winners
14. Gotta watch the film

Yup. Further than people think. We can easily lose for 10 more years in a row.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Judging that they're on pace to finish 3-13, I'd say very far.
The Lions are better than us, and it only took them 2 years since their historic 0-16 record. I stand by initial statement; it'll take at least 10 years for this sad excuse of an organization.
you all would be surprised how good coaching can make a huge difference

Everybody has talent

Its how you use the talent that matters

Oh, and having a QB would help too
2 years (assuming we pick up a quality starting qb within that time)
New HC
New DC, OC
New QB
New Oline
Pass Rush
New CB, SS

Hmm 3 years

But with ownership it could be 10..

[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Nov 25, 2010 at 13:00:57 ]