LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

receivers getting open?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by susweel:
Sing said they were running the wrong routes.

troyexucses

Thank god Alex is on the bench
And for those of you saying Smith's never had a game as bad as Troy's yesterday, lets look at this, shall we.
20 37 54.1 177 4.8 1 3

From last season against Philly...

And this is just one of the examples I can give. Anyone wants anymore?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:

troyexucses

Wow. How about we let Troy develop for 6 years? I think thats enough time to judge a QB.

Sheesh. I'm not saying Troy is the answer, or even better than Alex. But come on, one bad game isn't enough to judge a QB...

This

I even said after Troy played good the last two games that I would not judge him until he plays at least 10 games. I never said that Troy was the answer, we just dont know either way if he is good or not yet.

With Alex Smith we have enough proof to make the judgment that he sucks big rhinoceros cocks.

Exactly! Some people are saying that hes been 'figured out'. WTF? So I guess to some people on the board, Alex hasn't been yet? Wait I forgot, theres nothing to figure out about him.

It isn't a Troy vs. Alex discussion, guys. Our offense is terrible. Receivers run wrong routes, no pass blocking.

Troy has been "figured out" because people realize that all they have to do is contain him in the pocket and he won't be able to extend plays anymore, which is why he had success.

Terrible offense. Not the QBs fault. Not Alex's fault. Not Troy's fault. Terrible offense's fault.

Got it?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Just what one would expect from a well coached veteran group in week 11 of the season.

Oh.....wait......

Thank you Jerry Sullivan. It's no surprise Jason Hill would get 5 catches his first week off this team
Originally posted by Wodwo:

troyexucses

Wow. How about we let Troy develop for 6 years? I think thats enough time to judge a QB.

Sheesh. I'm not saying Troy is the answer, or even better than Alex. But come on, one bad game isn't enough to judge a QB...

This

I even said after Troy played good the last two games that I would not judge him until he plays at least 10 games. I never said that Troy was the answer, we just dont know either way if he is good or not yet.

With Alex Smith we have enough proof to make the judgment that he sucks big rhinoceros cocks.

Exactly! Some people are saying that hes been 'figured out'. WTF? So I guess to some people on the board, Alex hasn't been yet? Wait I forgot, theres nothing to figure out about him.

It isn't a Troy vs. Alex discussion, guys. Our offense is terrible. Receivers run wrong routes, no pass blocking.

Troy has been "figured out" because people realize that all they have to do is contain him in the pocket and he won't be able to extend plays anymore, which is why he had success.

Terrible offense. Not the QBs fault. Not Alex's fault. Not Troy's fault. Terrible offense's fault.

Got it?

That may be it, but lets really see if he's been figured out after seeing him play for atleast 8 games...

Meh, lets give him him 6 years.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
And for those of you saying Smith's never had a game as bad as Troy's yesterday, lets look at this, shall we.
20 37 54.1 177 4.8 1 3

Stats? I thought all we cared about was wins and losses.

Troy had a historically bad game yesterday. Shut out at home. However, it was a team effort, same as every other game.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:

troyexucses

This

Got it?

That may be it, but lets really see if he's been figured out after seeing him play for atleast 8 games...

Yah figured out in one game is a completely absurd statement.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Ok, but if he ends up dead because he can't avoid a sack... just remember that it could have been Alex instead.
20 37 54.1 177 4.8 1 3

He wasn't worse than Troy in that game, there was actually some semblance of effectiveness there. We we're actually in that game until the end. We scored, moved the ball, and entered the redzone multiple times in that game, although it was pretty horrible. Plus, this debacle yesterday was at home, much more embarrassing.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Alex has had much worse games than troy.
Alex has NEVER had a game like the one troy had last week.

debate that.

Alex had been completely programmed to not even try the Hail Marys that Troy threw. Troy had not been in the system long enough to receive his "programming" yet. However, the coaching staff solved that "problem" during the past week - Sing cleaned up that li'l problem and we saw what happened - he looked as bad as Alex ever has.

What kind of programming are you talking about? So you're trying to say that if Alex saw a wide open reciever running free, the reason he doesn't throw it to them is 'cause the coach told him not to? I don't believe this stupid bulls**t, lmao. And even if its true, then Alex is a dips**t for doing this. LMAO
No, that is not at all what I was saying. I referred specifically to the three Hail Mary passes that Troy threw that pumped up his stats. It was great that he completed them but those are the very kind of passes that Nolan began training him not to throw from the very first time he interviewed him BEFORE the draft. Singletary continued that training. NONE of those receivers Troy threw to were "running free." They were well covered. Singletary's comment about those passes was very telling - "when you complete them it is a good thing but when you don't, it is bad." Clearly that was a very back-handed way of saying that he did not like to see those kind of throws. All of Alex's SF career has been built around being a "game manager." Troy has not been here long enough to absorb that training, hence he attempted throws that Alex has been trained not to attempt.

Originally posted by binary2nd:
20 37 54.1 177 4.8 1 3

He wasn't worse than Troy in that game, there was actually some semblance of effectiveness there. We we're actually in that game until the end. We scored, moved the ball, and entered the redzone multiple times in that game, although it was pretty horrible. Plus, this debacle yesterday was at home, much more embarrassing.

Well, ok. I guess thats not enough to convince you. Ill bring up a game from 2006 and you might say its irrelevant to bring up a game from that long ago, but if people brag about his 'great' game against Seattle that year, i can bring this up, too.
14 28 50.0 171 6.1 1 3

Against the Saints. Guys, I could keep going on and on. A terrible game is a terrible game. Troy had one yesterday. Alex has had numerous throughout his career.

Give.Up.Already
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Yah figured out in one game is a completely absurd statement.

No... it isn't. I've been talking about the possibility since I was saying he should be the starter in London.

Kurt Warner said he was figured out before the game even started. He called it. He said that the Bucs needed to force Troy to throw from the pocket... remember that?

Keep Troy from extending a play outside the pocket and he fails.

It was one game. It was one game against the worst pass rushing team in the NFL.

But hey, I could be wrong. We'll see what happens next week.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Who has Jerry Sullivan developed in 6 years?

It's not just talent. If you're an excellent route runner, you'll get open given the way NFL rules are written to emphasize the passing offense.

Thus either (1) the plays are designed to not help the WRs with routes that accentuates their strengths or (2) they aren't developing or being coached in a way that helps them grow year after year.

I think it's the latter. Jerry Sullivan has been with this team for six seasons and regardless of who comes in at WR for this team, has anyone noticed they just can't get open? Jerry has taught them 3 offenses now and it doesn't matter who's calling the plays, it's the same thing.

The team needs a clean sweep of everyone -

All. Must. Go.
Clearly there is something wrong with the receiving coaching for both WRs and TEs. Not only are the wideouts not getting open, Vernon has had the same coach since he came here and he still can't make hot reads. He doesn't impress me as being unintelligent. He should have learned to make those adjustments by now but he hasn't. That tells me it is more likely a coaching matter.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Who has Jerry Sullivan developed in 6 years?

Yeah, I was excited about him when he was first hired. Guy hasn't done ANYTHING his whole time here. Fire. Him. Now.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
20 37 54.1 177 4.8 1 3

Well, ok. I guess thats not enough to convince you. Ill bring up a game from 2006 and you might say its irrelevant to bring up a game from that long ago, but if people brag about his 'great' game against Seattle that year, i can bring this up, too.
14 28 50.0 171 6.1 1 3

Against the Saints. Guys, I could keep going on and on. A terrible game is a terrible game. Troy had one yesterday. Alex has had numerous throughout his career.

Give.Up.Already

That game wasn't as bad as Troy's either, plus it wasn't at home either. We actually scored 10 points in that game and reached the redzone multiple times as well. I don't think you really have a grasp as to how bad Troy's game was (again, he wasn't the only one to blame). It was one of the worst offensive outputs this team has ever had EVER. Not only did we not reach the redzone, we DIDN'T EVEN CROSS THE 30 YARD LINE..............AT HOME!
Share 49ersWebzone