There are 190 users in the forums

receivers getting open?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:

Troy had one bad game, calm down dude, and YES most of the time it was Alexs' fault

I'm not worried about Troy being a good or bad QB. I think he's got potential to be at least a very good #2 guy.

::deep breath::

::long exhale::

Ok, I'm calm now.

I'm not saying Alex is or ever will be a good QB. I didn't watch the conference and have no links to quotes or anything. However, if this is true... it's verifiable evidence that our WRs run the wrong routes. If they are doing it in week 11, it stands to reason that it was even worse in week one. My point was that Alex Smith was taking the blame for it from you and many others every week. Can you at least admit that, while Alex Smith may be an awful QB, the rest of the team deserves at least some of the blame for our awful performances?
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by susweel:

Give it up already.....................

Alex is done

Dude, if this s**t is true... the whole team is done. Full rebuild mode for another decade.

Plus, he's right... Alex Smith was getting the blame the whole time. That's bulls**t.

Troy had one bad game, calm down dude, and YES most of the time it was Alexs' fault

Caps lock doesn't make your point any stronger. NO, most of the time it wasn't, we saw that yesterday when the team put up the WORST offensive performance in years, HISTORICALLY bad.

using the bs word makes any point stronger?? anyways, I agree with you...
  • fly15
  • Veteran

I'm not worried about Troy being a good or bad QB. I think he's got potential to be at least a very good #2 guy.

::deep breath::

::long exhale::

Ok, I'm calm now.

I'm not saying Alex is or ever will be a good QB. I didn't watch the conference and have no links to quotes or anything. However, if this is true... it's verifiable evidence that our WRs run the wrong routes. If they are doing it in week 11, it stands to reason that it was even worse in week one. My point was that Alex Smith was taking the blame for it from you and many others every week. Can you at least admit that, while Alex Smith may be an awful QB, the rest of the team deserves at least some of the blame for our awful performances?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Troy had one bad game on his third game, Alex had been stinking it up for 6 years.

Give Troy 6 years and then we can compare the two.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Caps lock doesn't make your point any stronger. NO, most of the time it wasn't, we saw that yesterday when the team put up the WORST offensive performance in years, HISTORICALLY bad.

You forgot to mention the fact that out o-line gave up SIX SACKS to a team that was WORST in the league at rushing the passer and only had EIGHT SACKS in NINE GAMES before yesterday.

Did I do it right?
He had open men and failed to hit them, end of story. Can we draft a QB not named Smith please?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Can you at least admit that, while Alex Smith may be an awful QB, the rest of the team deserves at least some of the blame for our awful performances?

Umm... does this mean you agree?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Troy had one bad game on his third game, Alex had been stinking it up for 6 years.

Did Singletary actually say that the receivers were running the wrong routes?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Did Singletary actually say that the receivers were running the wrong routes?

Yes today in his press conference.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Can you at least admit that, while Alex Smith may be an awful QB, the rest of the team deserves at least some of the blame for our awful performances?

as much as I wanna say no, yes

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

We never said he was the ONLY problem.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

but most of it...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Yes today in his press conference.

Then why are you even talking about comparing Troy and Alex? That's not even close to the point.

If the receivers aren't running the right routes and the o-line can't block the worst pass rushing team in football and the defense knows what play our offense is going to run, maybe the quarterback isn't the problem.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

but most of it...

Yes a qb is always most of it.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Awesome. ::hug::

I don't care if Alex or Troy or Luck or Montana is behind center. The rest of this crap needs to get fixed before any QB can have success here.

It's disgusting to me that the entire offense is as bad as it is.
Share 49ersWebzone