LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

receivers getting open?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I haven't seen this topic addressed directly pertaining to yesterday's game, so......
Eevn though Smith was running for his life much of the game, there were many times he had plenty of time to find a receiver because of his scrambling ability and other times, just because he would for once, have time in the pocket (rare, I admit). However, he never seemed to find an open guy. Is itr because our receivers just don't get open much (running wrong routes or unable to get seperation), or was he just not seeing the field real well? Or both? Frankly, I'm concerned it was more the former and our receivers just aren't that good (and I'm including the overrated crabtree in this discussion).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sing said they were running the wrong routes.
Originally posted by susweel:

Just what one would expect from a well coached veteran group in week 11 of the season.

Oh.....wait......
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Just what one would expect from a well coached veteran group in week 11 of the season.

Oh.....wait......

Well AJ Green will fix that for us. I'm still wanting sing fired if its a coaching problem then he should have addressed it in the off season he's spent enough time around sullivan hes been here since nolan.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Sing is the wrong coach
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Oh.....wait......

sing said it is on him that they ran the wrong routes...horrible scape goat. He doesnt get it that it really is on him cause there is no preparation.
While Alex was QB, he was often criticized for being indecisive, for unnecessarily throwing the ball away or for checking down, for which some derisively labeled him "Captain Checkdown."

I give Alex credit for being smart and reasonably experienced, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was because he couldn't find open receivers downfield. Occassionally, the TV camara would look downfield and you could see that the receivers were covered and were not breaking open.

Alex did what any competent QB would do, and he went elsewhere with the ball. Often, we would see Vernon go downfield and he would not turn around when the QB desparately wanted to throw to him. This happened again near the end of yesterday's game, only this time Troy was the victim.

Bottom line: our receivers often let our QBs down. If its Alex, it's Alex's fault. If it's Troy, it's on the receivers.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by excelsior:
While Alex was QB, he was often criticized for being indecisive, for unnecessarily throwing the ball away or for checking down, for which some derisively labeled him "Captain Checkdown."

I give Alex credit for being smart and reasonably experienced, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was because he couldn't find open receivers downfield. Occassionally, the TV camara would look downfield and you could see that the receivers were covered and were not breaking open.

Alex did what any competent QB would do, and he went elsewhere with the ball. Often, we would see Vernon go downfield and he would not turn around when the QB desparately wanted to throw to him. This happened again near the end of yesterday's game, only this time Troy was the victim.

Bottom line: our receivers often let our QBs down. If its Alex, it's Alex's fault. If it's Troy, it's on the receivers.

Give it up already.....................

Alex is done
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
We need to get a new QB next year. Both Troy and Alex are back-ups.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

its getting old dude

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

Alex is done

Dude, if this s**t is true... the whole team is done. Full rebuild mode for another decade.

Plus, he's right... Alex Smith was getting the blame the whole time. That's bulls**t.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Alex is done

Dude, if this s**t is true... the whole team is done. Full rebuild mode for another decade.

Plus, he's right... Alex Smith was getting the blame the whole time. That's bulls**t.

Troy had one bad game, calm down dude, and YES most of the time it was Alexs' fault
This just comes down to horrible coaching, and horrible preparation. Last night a Giants WR Derrick Hagan who was just picked up, ran a correct route and Eli hit him for a TD. How frickin hard is it??

Walsh and Seifert all ran tight ships. Can you imagine a player mouthing off to Walsh or Seifert the way Alex Smith and VD did?

The niners have been in the same rebuilding mode now for 9 frickin season, flat out disgusting.

well, he's kind of right.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Alex is done

Troy had one bad game, calm down dude, and YES most of the time it was Alexs' fault

Caps lock doesn't make your point any stronger. NO, most of the time it wasn't, we saw that yesterday when the team put up the WORST offensive performance in years, HISTORICALLY bad.
Share 49ersWebzone