LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Planned walkout - Dec. 12th-- CANCELED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
paper bags would make a bigger statement. Plus, that way you can watch the whole game.

Just stop with the paper bag foolishness. C'mon it's been done before. Nevermind that the New Orleans fans were considered a joke for doing it. Have some imagination for cryin out loud. Remember when people wore suits to the game to stick up for Nolan's choice of wardrobe? I'm not saying to wear suits but c'mon reeaaaally, paper bags?

I like the idea of walking out on the game. Personally I think that the game to plan for is the final home game of the season. I think that everyone should attend and just before kickoff in the 1st quarter, get up and march to the exits. Now THAT is something that will get a message to the owners loud and clear. And it's something that will get everyones support for. By that time with the way things are going there won't be a reason to even play the game.

So this is what I propose. Keep your 9er pride intact and not embarrass yourselves at the same time.

~Ceadder

fine. I'll have my dog s**t on my head before the game then. cuz that's what the niners do to us every sunday. s**t on our heads.

Whatever blows your skirt up. I'm just saying there are better ways to go about protesting for a change. BTW the paper sack protest didn't change anything in New Orleans. The only thing that changed would have occurred naturally anyway. They got better through the draft and trades. So fans there wore bags on their head for nothing other than public flatulation.

The point of being a fan is not to hide your identity. If you feel compelled to do so then just stay home and don't buy tix. That way you can choose whether or not to tune in and don't have to worry about being ridiculed at work or school. Problem solved.

~Ceadder
i'd have to watch some film first to make sure we execute
I would rather see 40,000 We want gruden signs. At least they show that. if we all leave, they get no money...less free agent cash, less new coach cash....
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by susweel:
How not going to the game at all. An empty stadium from the start would be the ultimate message.

I doubt the Yorks would care if the empty stadium was the result of people who had already paid for seats not showing up. Season ticket holders not renewing would send a stronger message.

one step at a time bob.
people will not walkout its pointless and stupid to spend over 500 dollars depending where u r sitting to walk out where in a recession why spend that type of cash when you can save i t and watch it at home the players dont care as long as they get paid
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I would rather see 40,000 We want gruden signs. At least they show that. if we all leave, they get no money...less free agent cash, less new coach cash....

u can't take signs into the stick. the b***hes sitting behind you will complain.
A walk-out is beyond dumb. What does that prove? "hey, we paid for your s%^& product out the wazoo and now we're going to leave early and get even more ripped off."

Maybe organize a sign rally where people bring in signs supporting the hiring of a QUALITY head coach or just improvement of the team in general. I'd even be up for the paper-bags since it looks just bad for an organization in general.

Something along the lines of "Hire a quality head coach or we're outta here. Jed Can You Hear Us Now?" broadcast on national television would be a hell of a lot more effective.
found it.

See now that would look cool with the old skool 9er helmet under it. You know the leather helmet era hats?

I could see that. It makes the statement that you want to make. Wearing paper sacks is pointless since you don't even have to show up to begin with.

Or another thing you can do is advertise to the fans of the Opposing side and make it a Home game for them and recoup some of your dough.

I just think that paper bags are stupid and I thought they were stupid when the New Orleans fans were doing that back in '88 and '89. I was stationed down in the Gulf when that stupidity was going on. We laughed at those fools every Sunday. Not something I want any 9er fan to be doing. We're better than that imho... well most of us are considering all the venom spewed at certain players.

~Ceadder
how much jail time and what kind of charges can you face for running onto the field? Say with a flag that reads "SELL THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!"

u can't take signs into the stick. the b***hes sitting behind you will complain.

oh yeah, thats right.

dang, what about bazookas?

oh yeah, thats right.

dang, what about bazookas?

WAIT! I think if you're an older white lady, you can get away with taking a sign into the stadium. Or you can always just keister it.

Too late for that, I already gave them away and it cost me a case of beer before the guy would take them
Cut up strips of these and make into a hat or a wig...

so that Mike Singletary will be looking at film all game long.
In the piss poor NFC west, that game still might be for first place.
Share 49ersWebzone