LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Why do teams always know what play the 49ers are going to run?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pd24:
Quote:
-Bucs linebacker Niko Koutouvides said he knew when the 49ers were going to pass and when Troy Smith was going to roll out by tells given away by the offensive and Frank Gore.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=77526#ixzz162Jzv1O6

This is the 3rd or 4th time I have heard this season. The coaching staff still doesn't have a clue.. Im pretty sure most of us knew what play the 49ers were going to run yesterday.

After reading a few articles and post about opposing defenses knowing what our offence was doing before the snap, the most recent being one of the Bucks LB's stating Gore was tipping ‘em off. I decided to pull up the week 2 game vs the Saints.. I watched Gore very closely every play... he is!

I couldn’t believe it. On every pass play, just before the snap, Gore looks to his left and to his right (sometimes several times)… I’d guess he’s reading the pass rush and deciding who he’s gonna knock out! And on every run play his head remains completely still, no left and right movement. After noticing this I re-watched the first two series (nearly all runs), it held true.

With this new info I was able to successfully predict 99% of the 49ers offensive plays, missing one on a penalty, and another on a run I think was a last second audible by Smith.
SIDE NOTE… Smith played so well that game. Man I miss the excitement I was feeling early in the season.
Gore-up-the-middle is not hard to defend
Originally posted by jeremysmiley:
Quote:
-Bucs linebacker Niko Koutouvides said he knew when the 49ers were going to pass and when Troy Smith was going to roll out by tells given away by the offensive and Frank Gore.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=77526#ixzz162Jzv1O6

This is the 3rd or 4th time I have heard this season. The coaching staff still doesn't have a clue.. Im pretty sure most of us knew what play the 49ers were going to run yesterday.

After reading a few articles and post about opposing defenses knowing what our offence was doing before the snap, the most recent being one of the Bucks LB's stating Gore was tipping ‘em off. I decided to pull up the week 2 game vs the Saints.. I watched Gore very closely every play... he is!

I couldn’t believe it. On every pass play, just before the snap, Gore looks to his left and to his right (sometimes several times)… I’d guess he’s reading the pass rush and deciding who he’s gonna knock out! And on every run play his head remains completely still, no left and right movement. After noticing this I re-watched the first two series (nearly all runs), it held true.

With this new info I was able to successfully predict 99% of the 49ers offensive plays, missing one on a penalty, and another on a run I think was a last second audible by Smith.
SIDE NOTE… Smith played so well that game. Man I miss the excitement I was feeling early in the season.

are you serious??? you should inform Jed like right f**kin now
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by jeremysmiley:
Quote:

are you serious??? you should inform Jed like right f**kin now

Wow that's interesting.

brb, I'm going to start an official FIRE FRANK GORE thread.

[ Edited by verb1der on Nov 24, 2010 at 17:08:24 ]
This is funny. Someone finds somethig that has nothing to do with sing and noone can believe it.
Because they always get 2 looks at the play because there is always a penalty on the first try

I Kid

Somewhere, Bill Walsh is turning over in his grave so fast that they could make a motor out of him more powerful than the Stanford Linear Accelerator

My point being that with penalties and the plays not coming down in time (timeouts) this team never gets any kind of momentum.

When penalties etc happen, this team shells up like a turtle. Run, Run, Pass, Punt.

Franks no snitch.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
we have one very thin playbook

most coaches have 3

Belicheat the evil genius has 16 playbooks

Perhaps, but Belicheat gives his spies a week off when they play the 49ers. Who needs to cheat to predict a Singletary offense?
Watch a replay of the final drive of the NFC Championship game the year the Niners won their first Super Bowl. When you thought they would pass Bill Walsh called a run and vice-versa.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
cuz "The s**t's chess, it ain't checkers!"

The epitaph of the Singletarian period.
Why does our Offense look best when the QB calls his own plays?

For anyone seeing this as a first few posts of mine I'd like you all to know I've been on this site for years and I'm always reading the forum for a couple reasons; two quick ones are that this is really a good source for rumors and how true they may be and I'm also on here to read the smart posts vs the completely and udderly non sense posts because it helps me realize how my fellow fans from the U.S. think about our team. With that being said, am I the only one who thinks that I would make a better OC than Johnson would be?? anyone else believe they could too??
Share 49ersWebzone