LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Why do teams always know what play the 49ers are going to run?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
film

This. They obviously know how to look at the film.

Yep. Something Singletary does but doesn't understand.

Whats sad is that he has to watch the tape to see what happened. Thats why we cant adjust in games. Cause Sing has to watch the tape first.

He say's he needs to watch film, but he does or makes the same mistakes every week.
Gore gets about 99.9% of plays. I'm shocked he still hasn't gotten injured.
Opposing teams wanna win? Stop Gore. Thats it. Simple.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
maybe because we run the same plays over and over again.
Because telling everyone for three years we are going to run the football, kind of gives it away, and also because the game plan has looked like this since Martz left:

Inside run, Inside Run, Inside run (but with 3 WR), punt

Inside run, Inside run, Penalty, 3rd and 27, pass... interception.

FFS I've seen clones with more variation than Singletary's offensive vision
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
cuz "The s**t's chess, it ain't checkers!"

Too bad our coaches are still playing go fish.
If a team is (sick, ill, under the weather) whatever you want to call it, our 49ERS are the PERFECT medicine. The BUCS had 8 sacks for the entire year. That is one sack a game, yet they play us and get 6. They were the worst run defense in the league. The Panthers actually ran all over them, but yet we could only get 23 yards from Gore. Teams love to play us, because they know that the things they need to work on we will succumb to it.
Originally posted by SFGem:
maybe because we run the same plays over and over again.

Yeap. Just follow Gore.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Blitz:
film

This. They obviously know how to look at the film.

Yep. Something Singletary does but doesn't understand.

Whats sad is that he has to watch the tape to see what happened. Thats why we cant adjust in games. Cause Sing has to watch the tape first.

He say's he needs to watch film, but he does or makes the same mistakes every week.

Watching film and being able to use film to help yourself win are two different things. This film crap from him is complete nonsense because it is readily apparent that it doesn't change a damn thing on the field.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 22, 2010 at 10:47:25 ]
Most NFL teams watch the film on their next opponent to figure out what to do during the next week.

Coach Sing and the 49ers are forced to watch film to remmember what we did wrong during the last week.

Other teams gameplan whats coming, we're still trying to figure out what happened.
Play-tipping is a HUGE reason why the Niners have been getting smothered on offense in most every game. In the NFL, the difference between winners and losers is small. Having the advantage of knowing what play is coming, is a huge edge, when the talent levels among teams are so close.

This week, TB's MLB pointed to the OL and Frank Gore, as the tipsters, and that it was evident even in games when Alex Smith was the QB. This was more than film study. It was reading tells on the field before every snap, as the game unfolded.

Last week, the Rams said that they prepared by "following Mike Iupati to the ball", which was more of a film study thing. And the Rams were done in by couner-tendency play-calling by Mike Johnson.

Here is my questuion. How can this still be happening in Game 10 of the season? Where is the position coaching? Why can't Solari, Brown and Rarthman see this and correct it? Doesn't this team use its Quality Control coaches to screen for call tendencies, formations and player tells? That's the standard NFL practice.

I operate on the premise that no player willingly wants to give a tell. Why should he want to be unsuccessful or get his brains beat in So, it falls to the coaching staff to spot this stuff and correct it.

Can some of you guys with some higher level coaching experience comment on this, please?

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Play-tipping is a HUGE reason why the Niners have been getting smothered on offense in most every game. In the NFL, the difference between winners and losers is small. Having the advantage of knowing what play is coming, is a huge edge, when the talent levels among teams are so close.

This week, TB's MLB pointed to the OL and Frank Gore, as the tipsters, and that it was evident even in games when Alex Smith was the QB. This was more than film study. It was reading tells on the field before every snap, as the game unfolded.

Last week, the Rams said that they prepared by "following Mike Iupati to the ball", which was more of a film study thing. And the Rams were done in by couner-tendency play-calling by Mike Johnson.

Here is my questuion. How can this still be happening in Game 10 of the season? Where is the position coaching? Why can't Solari, Brown and Rarthman see this and correct it? Doesn't this team use its Quality Control coaches to screen for call tendencies, formations and player tells? That's the standard NFL practice.

I operate on the premise that no player willingly wants to give a tell. Why should he want to be unsuccessful or get his brains beat in So, it falls to the coaching staff to spot this stuff and correct it.

Can some of you guys with some higher level coaching experience comment on this, please?

I don't have any coaching experience, but if the other team is always saying that they knew our play calls, I would look into changing something after the 1st time the other team said something, this is like the 4th or 5th time. Im pretty sure it is more than 5 or 6 teams, but the other probably just didn't say anything.
It's because just like recent head coaching hires, the team's hired a bunch of OC's who were either past their prime (Raye) or inexperienced (MJ, Hostler). You get what you pay for...and the York's have been content to get by on the cheap and look at the results.
film

get em
Originally posted by 94Niners:
Because telling everyone for three years we are going to run the football, kind of gives it away, and also because the game plan has looked like this since Martz left:

Inside run, Inside Run, Inside run (but with 3 WR), punt

Inside run, Inside run, Penalty, 3rd and 27, pass... interception.
FFS I've seen clones with more variation than Singletary's offensive vision

Either that or "DRAW" ...it's the element of surprise!
this is the difference between being talented just physically and also being a smart team mentally---you need both to be successful in any sport.
Share 49ersWebzone