LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

lol .....lmfao..chesseus... we still have a shot at the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Who in the right mind want their team to be in the playoffs with a losing (negative win) record. Raise your hands folks, whether you like it or not your team could be the recipient of the "give it to the losers award" a chance to go to the playoffs and then get shred to pieces by an angry dominant team!

My point is, I am scared! I am scared that Dingleterry will keep his job - a perfect excuse for owners who are up to this point failed to make tough decisions go their way. I hope it is not karma really, but seeing how the 49ers play over the years, it appeared their luck ran out when the Yorks took over the team!

As we blame MS's incompetence as HC for a lot of our loses this year, the 49ers players and the team were just out of any break or semblance of luck. With this in mind, the 49ers need to get lucky again and the final two games will show us all if they finally get that much needed lucky break, to even out the games they should have won but the refs and the ball bounced away from them.

There is no such thing as luck. You make your own breaks and you never wait for something good to happen to you. Luck is when hard work meets opportunity.

Yes the 49ers could go to the playoffs and miss out on some good draft picks or they could get a reality check and get whipped by the Rams, ending the season. Either way it doesn't matter.

A new head coach, QB, new players, and possibly a new GM is about to take place next year. I'm looking forward to it.

As far as winning goes...I'm not a loser so I want my team to win.
[ Edited by freetworhyme on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM ]
Originally posted by RonMexico:
we are going to make the playoffs thanks to singletary, he needs 1 more year to fine tune it all and we will go deep into the playoffs next year, probably only win 1 playoff game this year tho

I agree, who wouldn't want another season with MS? It's better than torture I say!
I would even dare say that it is better than sex sometimes...

The angst, the sharp debilitating pain you feel on your chest, a feeling of helplessness, the sudden burst of rage, combined with homicidal urge to really hurt some..., and that chemical embalance you've been fighting all your life starting to take over, all these after you watch every game as a 49ers fan - why would you not welcome another year with
the ultimate HC, the best will ever be, the one and only, the franchise saviour, the greatest of all time MS.
[ Edited by 49ERSAM on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
we are going to make the playoffs thanks to singletary, he needs 1 more year to fine tune it all and we will go deep into the playoffs next year, probably only win 1 playoff game this year tho

I agree, who wouldn't want another season with MS? It's better than torture I say!
I would even dare say that it is better than sex sometimes...

The angst, the sharp debilitating pain you feel on your chest, a feeling of helplessness, the sudden burst of rage, combined with homicidal urge to really hurt some..., and that chemical embalance you've been fighting all your life starting to take over, all these after you watch every game as a 49ers fan - why would you not welcome another year with
the ultimate HC, the best will ever be, the one and only, the franchise saviour, the greatest of all time MS.

this
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by YungAce:
I really don't get why you guys assume that Sing will even keep his job if we make the playoffs at 7-9....

Because the Yorks still own this team.

Are people too young here to remember that the Yorks fired Mariucci after a winning record and a win in the playoffs????

What makes Singletary better to not recieve the pink slip??
[ Edited by asu49ers on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:30 PM ]
Originally posted by asu49ers:
I really don't get why you guys assume that Sing will even keep his job if we make the playoffs at 7-9....

Are people too young here to remember that the Yorks fired Mariucci after a winning record and a win in the playoffs????

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:38 PM ]

They fired Mooch, because he wanted more control. It wasn't all about winning, but internal politics too. With Sing, I can definitely seeing him coming back if the niners make the playoffs. If they let Nolan come back at 5-11, they could do the same with Sing.

His motivational speeches and cool turtlenecks

His motivational speeches and cool turtlenecks

Those are pretty nice tuttlenecks

Because Sing is cheap, which was my whole point of the reason why he would still be here if we made the playoffs.

God if we don't fire Sing after this season....well let's just say somebodies gonna get shanked lol

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is the wost division I've ever seen in my life. I think 6 - 10 can win the division. I'm not kidding. 7 - 9 is more likely but 6 - 10 is not impossible. Would that be the worst division winner ever?

They have to come up with a new system. Take the highest seeded teams from the conference and those are your playoff teams. Nobody belongs in the playoffs at 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 by winning the division and getting a home game. That's rediculous.

6-10 isn't possible. Rams and Seahawks play each other on the last day, so one will have at least 7.

The system is fine the way it is. You win your division, you should be in. The only thing that should come into question is whether a division winner with a losing record should be allowed to host the game, which personally, I think they do. Is it pathetic? Yes, but that's just the way the dice rolled this year.

I guess it will be 7 - 9 then and determined by that game...

It is pathetic and they probably shouldn't be entitled to a home game. If you lose more than half your games I can't see how you should get a home game in the playoffs.

This is the wost division I've ever seen in my life. I think 6 - 10 can win the division. I'm not kidding. 7 - 9 is more likely but 6 - 10 is not impossible. Would that be the worst division winner ever?

They have to come up with a new system. Take the highest seeded teams from the conference and those are your playoff teams. Nobody belongs in the playoffs at 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 by winning the division and getting a home game. That's rediculous.

6-10 isn't possible. Rams and Seahawks play each other on the last day, so one will have at least 7.

The system is fine the way it is. You win your division, you should be in. The only thing that should come into question is whether a division winner with a losing record should be allowed to host the game, which personally, I think they do. Is it pathetic? Yes, but that's just the way the dice rolled this year.

Agreed! They want to change the whole system because 1 7-9 team makes the playoffs in 40+ years? That would be absurd. I could see them changing the home turf ruling, but it won't take effect this year...
They should change the rules like European football, if you lose enough you get sent to a lower league. For the 49ers how about the UFL.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Agreed! They want to change the whole system because 1 7-9 team makes the playoffs in 40+ years? That would be absurd. I could see them changing the home turf ruling, but it won't take effect this year...

Somebody like 11 - 5 could be playing a 7 - 9 team on the road. That just sucks. Seems unfair to me.

Somebody like 11 - 5 could be playing a 7 - 9 team on the road. That just sucks. Seems unfair to me.

Sucks for them then. It's not like a team with a better record being snubbed is a new concept. Throwing out the guarantees of a division winner breaks a system which has worked fine. The only reason this year people are crying is because a 7-9 team might make it for once.

I agree! If the rule changed, it would probably be something like the home game will go to whoever has a better record of the two teams playing. I just know we got our playoff packet and we have to buy the wildcard and NFC championship game!
Share 49ersWebzone