LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 139 users in the forums

lol .....lmfao..chesseus... we still have a shot at the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
only way singletary can save his job is if he takes us to the nfc championship game. imo.
I have a hard time believing a team led by Alex Smith can go into a hostile environment and win a critical game. I just don't see it.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by niners94:
I have a hard time believing a team led by Alex Smith can go into a hostile environment and win a critical game. I just don't see it.

lol. StL is not a hostile environment.

same ol' sorry ass Rams!
Originally posted by boast:

lol. StL is not a hostile environment.

same ol' sorry ass Rams!

same ol' sorry ass Niners as well though

me neither. niners havent shown us anything to believe otherwise. hopefully, jed and the fans, dont become satisfied with merely making the playoffs. jed should settle for nothing less than a superbowl and mike singletary doesnt give us the best opportunity to do that.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by sf49ersnfl:
I don't understand how 49er "fans" can be rooting for our team not to make the playoffs. Who cares what our record is bottom line we are one game out with 2 weeks to play with a game against the 1st place rams next week. As we all know the cardinals looked like absolute garbage in the 2008 regular season and simply shocked the world all the way to the super bowl... Point is anything can happen in the playoffs so get behind this team and hope for the best!

LOL on a side note what a fitting way to end the Alex Smith era. 7-9 and getting the playoffs. The whole thing would be very strange. Oh well fvck it...Alex owes us. The least he can do is win the last two and take us to the playoffs. If he wants a future in the NFL he better do it.

If it makes you happy that we can "credit" Alex with this playoff run, all the power to you. Alex owes us a LOT more than a backdoor entrance to the playoffs, which was created not by his arm but rather the dismal play of the rest of the division.

But hey........I guess to some of you this will always be the year that Alex finally "arrived" and took us to the playoffs.........

Oh calm the hell down. Geez man. Some of you get your panties in suh a bunch over anything that sounds even remotely pro Alex. Learn to read. I was making fun of the guy.

"If it makes you feel better..." LOL.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by sf49ersnfl:
I don't understand how 49er "fans" can be rooting for our team not to make the playoffs. Who cares what our record is bottom line we are one game out with 2 weeks to play with a game against the 1st place rams next week. As we all know the cardinals looked like absolute garbage in the 2008 regular season and simply shocked the world all the way to the super bowl... Point is anything can happen in the playoffs so get behind this team and hope for the best!

LOL on a side note what a fitting way to end the Alex Smith era. 7-9 and getting the playoffs. The whole thing would be very strange. Oh well fvck it...Alex owes us. The least he can do is win the last two and take us to the playoffs. If he wants a future in the NFL he better do it.

If it makes you happy that we can "credit" Alex with this playoff run, all the power to you. Alex owes us a LOT more than a backdoor entrance to the playoffs, which was created not by his arm but rather the dismal play of the rest of the division.

But hey........I guess to some of you this will always be the year that Alex finally "arrived" and took us to the playoffs.........

Oh calm the hell down. Geez man. Some of you get your panties in suh a bunch over anything that sounds even remotely pro Alex. Learn to read. I was making fun of the guy.

"If it makes you feel better..." LOL.

LOL, I don't even know how ZRF80 read into the post as he did. But then again, that's nothing new.

-9fA

Agreed.

My whole view on this is...this is the last hurrah for Alex, Sing, and maybe a few others...and this is the closest to the playoffs we've been in 8 years so I really don't care about all the technicalities. I just want to enjoy some excitement in December for the first time since 2003.

Go 49ers.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Let's try to simplify this for everybody:

The winner of the Rams vs. 49ers game will go to the playoffs.

Yeah yeah, I know each have a division game in week 17. The Cardinals and Seahawks are very likely the worst two teams in the entire NFL. Worse than the Bills, worse than the Panthers, worse than the Bengals...worse than everybody.

It is not far fetched to see the winner of the Rams vs. 49ers game completely obliterating their respective opponent in week 17. In fact, it's likely. After the Seahawks lose to the Bucs next week they will have nothing to play for. The Cardinals...well, c'mon.

Thats it. Thats all you need to know. It really is that simple.

Sunday is a playoff game.
This is the wost division I've ever seen in my life. I think 6 - 10 can win the division. I'm not kidding. 7 - 9 is more likely but 6 - 10 is not impossible. Would that be the worst division winner ever?

They have to come up with a new system. Take the highest seeded teams from the conference and those are your playoff teams. Nobody belongs in the playoffs at 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 by winning the division and getting a home game. That's rediculous.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 19, 2010 at 5:21 PM ]

Who in the right mind want their team to be in the playoffs with a losing (negative win) record. Raise your hands folks, whether you like it or not your team could be the recipient of the "give it to the losers award" a chance to go to the playoffs and then get shred to pieces by an angry dominant team!

My point is, I am scared! I am scared that Dingleterry will keep his job - a perfect excuse for owners who are up to this point failed to make tough decisions go their way. I hope it is not karma really, but seeing how the 49ers play over the years, it appeared their luck ran out when the Yorks took over the team!

As we blame MS's incompetence as HC for a lot of our loses this year, the 49ers players and the team were just out of any break or semblance of luck. With this in mind, the 49ers need to get lucky again and the final two games will show us all if they finally get that much needed lucky break, to even out the games they should have won but the refs and the ball bounced away from them.
[ Edited by 49ERSAM on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:10 PM ]
I really don't get why you guys assume that Sing will even keep his job if we make the playoffs at 7-9....
we are going to make the playoffs thanks to singletary, he needs 1 more year to fine tune it all and we will go deep into the playoffs next year, probably only win 1 playoff game this year tho
Originally posted by YungAce:
I really don't get why you guys assume that Sing will even keep his job if we make the playoffs at 7-9....

Because the Yorks still own this team.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is the wost division I've ever seen in my life. I think 6 - 10 can win the division. I'm not kidding. 7 - 9 is more likely but 6 - 10 is not impossible. Would that be the worst division winner ever?

They have to come up with a new system. Take the highest seeded teams from the conference and those are your playoff teams. Nobody belongs in the playoffs at 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 by winning the division and getting a home game. That's rediculous.

6-10 isn't possible. Rams and Seahawks play each other on the last day, so one will have at least 7.

The system is fine the way it is. You win your division, you should be in. The only thing that should come into question is whether a division winner with a losing record should be allowed to host the game, which personally, I think they do. Is it pathetic? Yes, but that's just the way the dice rolled this year.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 19, 2010 at 6:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone