There are 402 users in the forums

lol .....lmfao..chesseus... we still have a shot at the playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Tampa Bay is going to be pissed and ready for the Hawks after blowing a win to the Lions.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Tampa Bay is going to be pissed and ready for the Hawks after blowing a win to the Lions.

Yep! The sad reality is we have a very good chance of winning our division and then get embarrassed in the playoffs at home. I knew our coaching was bad, but Thursdays loss really sealed the deal for me. I'm amazed at how little our coaching staff learns from each game.
I don't understand how 49er "fans" can be rooting for our team not to make the playoffs. Who cares what our record is bottom line we are one game out with 2 weeks to play with a game against the 1st place rams next week. As we all know the cardinals looked like absolute garbage in the 2008 regular season and simply shocked the world all the way to the super bowl... Point is anything can happen in the playoffs so get behind this team and hope for the best!
Originally posted by sf49ersnfl:
I don't understand how 49er "fans" can be rooting for our team not to make the playoffs. Who cares what our record is bottom line we are one game out with 2 weeks to play with a game against the 1st place rams next week. As we all know the cardinals looked like absolute garbage in the 2008 regular season and simply shocked the world all the way to the super bowl... Point is anything can happen in the playoffs so get behind this team and hope for the best!

LOL on a side note what a fitting way to end the Alex Smith era. 7-9 and getting the playoffs. The whole thing would be very strange. Oh well fvck it...Alex owes us. The least he can do is win the last two and take us to the playoffs. If he wants a future in the NFL he better do it.

Truth.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

Truth.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
Can we please stop talking about winning the Division????????? can we just pucking stop talking about playoffs!!!!!!!

how stupid are we to still think we have a shot at something!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe it or no at 5-9 we control our of destiny, as we own all the tie breakers with Seattle and the Rams. We just have to win out, Arizona is always a gimme, so beat the Rams and the 49ers will go down in history as the first 7-9 team to make the play-offs.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

LOL on a side note what a fitting way to end the Alex Smith era. 7-9 and getting the playoffs. The whole thing would be very strange. Oh well fvck it...Alex owes us. The least he can do is win the last two and take us to the playoffs. If he wants a future in the NFL he better do it.

If it makes you happy that we can "credit" Alex with this playoff run, all the power to you. Alex owes us a LOT more than a backdoor entrance to the playoffs, which was created not by his arm but rather the dismal play of the rest of the division.

But hey........I guess to some of you this will always be the year that Alex finally "arrived" and took us to the playoffs.........
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by elbolitas49ers:
Can we please stop talking about winning the Division????????? can we just pucking stop talking about playoffs!!!!!!!

how stupid are we to still think we have a shot at something!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe it or no at 5-9 we control our of destiny, as we own all the tie breakers with Seattle and the Rams. We just have to win out, Arizona is always a gimme, so beat the Rams and the 49ers will go down in history as the first 7-9 team to make the play-offs.

LOL..............if this happens, there will be some MAJOR rule changes come next season. Imagine that.......the Packers sit out......Niners are in

Alex is 2-7 as a starter this season. Only a fool would view his performance and walk away thinking "he LED them to the playoffs".
[ Edited by nflguy49 on Dec 19, 2010 at 4:22 PM ]
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Alex is 2-7 as a starter this season. Only a fool would view his performance and walk away thinking "he LED them to the playoffs".
This season a 7-9 record will likely get you a top 5 or 6 pick. If the Niners fall ass backwards into the div title then they will draft no better then 21st in the first rd.
As weird as this sounds, IF (big if) we get into the playoffs

Anything can happen, the team can get hot

The Giants got hot and magic happened

Just saying (not likely)

More likely, a first round ass whuppin
Originally posted by nflguy49:
This season a 7-9 record will likely get you a top 5 or 6 pick. If the Niners fall ass backwards into the div title then they will draft no better then 21st in the first rd.

i wish there was a way for us to get into the playoffs at 7-9 and still pick in the top 10. As a fan i don't think you can not root for your team to get into the postseason. however we MUST get a QB, hopefully we can get a vet in FA and draft a good CB in the 1st round.
Share 49ersWebzone