Originally posted by christmaxx:
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
$18.99 Discount Sports jerseys
High quality
Since this year 12,000 people have purchased on our site
get more sports product!
Please visit:
www.bbeststore.com
I truely believe that singletary is gone regardless. Unless we somehow win the superbowl. LOL
LOL pure awesome!!!!!!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
This is the wost division I've ever seen in my life. I think 6 - 10 can win the division. I'm not kidding. 7 - 9 is more likely but 6 - 10 is not impossible. Would that be the worst division winner ever?

They have to come up with a new system. Take the highest seeded teams from the conference and those are your playoff teams. Nobody belongs in the playoffs at 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 by winning the division and getting a home game. That's rediculous.

6-10 isn't possible. Rams and Seahawks play each other on the last day, so one will have at least 7.

The system is fine the way it is. You win your division, you should be in. The only thing that should come into question is whether a division winner with a losing record should be allowed to host the game, which personally, I think they do. Is it pathetic? Yes, but that's just the way the dice rolled this year.

Agreed! They want to change the whole system because 1 7-9 team makes the playoffs in 40+ years? That would be absurd. I could see them changing the home turf ruling, but it won't take effect this year...

Somebody like 11 - 5 could be playing a 7 - 9 team on the road. That just sucks. Seems unfair to me.

I agree! If the rule changed, it would probably be something like the home game will go to whoever has a better record of the two teams playing. I just know we got our playoff packet and we have to buy the wildcard and NFC championship game!

It will probably be the Saints and they already played us in a close game so they will take it very seriously.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
High quality
get more sports product!
Please visit:
www.bbeststore.com

Mmmmm my favs!!!
How does it work?

Conservative best case scenario...What if we beat St. Louis next week and TB defeats Seattle.

Then in week 17 let's say we defeat Arizona but Seattle defeats St. Louis.

That leaves Seattle & San Fran with 7-9 records.

What's the tie breaker?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
How does it work?

Conservative best case scenario...What if we beat St. Louis next week and TB defeats Seattle.

Then in week 17 let's say we defeat Arizona but Seattle defeats St. Louis.

That leaves Seattle & San Fran with 7-9 records.

What's the tie breaker?

division record, 49ers would be 5-1 in the division and would go to the playoffs
better division record^^
Lets get the man a bigger cross to wear around his neck.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
This is the wost division I've ever seen in my life. I think 6 - 10 can win the division. I'm not kidding. 7 - 9 is more likely but 6 - 10 is not impossible. Would that be the worst division winner ever?

They have to come up with a new system. Take the highest seeded teams from the conference and those are your playoff teams. Nobody belongs in the playoffs at 6 - 10 or 7 - 9 by winning the division and getting a home game. That's rediculous.

6-10 isn't possible. Rams and Seahawks play each other on the last day, so one will have at least 7.

The system is fine the way it is. You win your division, you should be in. The only thing that should come into question is whether a division winner with a losing record should be allowed to host the game, which personally, I think they do. Is it pathetic? Yes, but that's just the way the dice rolled this year.

Agreed! They want to change the whole system because 1 7-9 team makes the playoffs in 40+ years? That would be absurd. I could see them changing the home turf ruling, but it won't take effect this year...

Somebody like 11 - 5 could be playing a 7 - 9 team on the road. That just sucks. Seems unfair to me.

I agree! If the rule changed, it would probably be something like the home game will go to whoever has a better record of the two teams playing. I just know we got our playoff packet and we have to buy the wildcard and NFC championship game!

It will probably be the Saints and they already played us in a close game so they will take it very seriously.

Who wouldn't take the playoffs seriously?

NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
High quality
get more sports product!
Please visit:
www.bbeststore.com

wtf
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Playoffs baby. I'm still excited.

Two more wins, and a Seahawks loss and we're in !!!
  • 8to80
Originally posted by crzy:
Playoffs baby. I'm still excited.

Two more wins, and a Seahawks loss and we're in !!!

I'm excited as well. I was watching both the Rams and Hawks games hoping they would lose. But realistically, it would be better if we didn't make it to the playoffs:

1. Singletary, for sure, gets canned. Most of us agree this should happen regardless of the outcome, but this would guarantee he never head coaches the 9ers again.

2. We get higher draft picks.

3. I hate to say it, but.....even if we make it to the playoffs, we'll most likely get embarressed in front of the whole nation.

I am still going to root for the niners, and I really wish we will make it. But, I think the wise thing we can do is cut our losses, and start over, yet again.

Sucks for them then. It's not like a team with a better record being snubbed is a new concept. Throwing out the guarantees of a division winner breaks a system which has worked fine. The only reason this year people are crying is because a 7-9 team might make it for once.

this. we're the exception to the rule. a sh*tty division like this comes along every couple decades. no need to change anything.

if the season ended right now we would have the 7th-12th pick in the draft. and Sea and Stl would have 12th-16th.
Share 49ersWebzone