LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

What kind of view do you now have for the rest of the season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What kind of view do you now have for the rest of the season?

Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by valrod33:
i think im gonna start cutting myself

I'll have to sober up enough to find a razor in order to join you.

championship
Fire Sing.... have Mike J. implement as extensive spread packages as possible, and put Alex in to run it. Gore CAN run in a shotgun set. Better yet, have a 2 back shotgun and include Gore and Westbrook back there. Open this bizznitch up for a while and then watch to see how it opens up the run.
making the playoffs would still be nice, but would feel empty when we get our asses kicked in the playoffs.

but who knows, we are capable of playing a tough game against a tough team.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
making the playoffs would still be nice, but would feel empty when we get our asses kicked in the playoffs.

but who knows, we are capable of playing a tough game against a tough team.

based on yesterday's performance we're not capable of playing a tough game in a high school powder puff match.
  • dj43
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Fire Sing.... have Mike J. implement as extensive spread packages as possible, and put Alex in to run it. Gore CAN run in a shotgun set. Better yet, have a 2 back shotgun and include Gore and Westbrook back there. Open this bizznitch up for a while and then watch to see how it opens up the run.

I agree but don't know if much of that stuff is even in the Raye/Sing playbook.
  • dj43
I remain very pessimistic. It is abundantly clear that Singletary has fully surrounded himself with coaches who are either philosophically aligned with him or at least willing to subvert whatever individual thoughts they may have to his philosophy. With that being the standard, there is little reason to believe the offense is going to be very entertaining much less win more than a game or two the rest of the way.

For that reason, I see no reason to fire Singletary now. Everyone else on the staff is hard-wired into his thinking, and it would be highly unlikely that anyone else would come in to take over the team.

Yesterday's game showed the deficiency in the receiving corps, the level of inexperience of Troy Smith, along with the known deficiencies of the defense (no pass rush, poor pass defense).

A top-notch HC might be able to scheme around some of the weaknesses of this team but right now, given the failure at QB to add to the WR, pass rush and secondary issues, this team is two draft years away from competing into the playoffs. Andrew Luck, without a true #1 wideout will not solve the passing offense issues. The OL issues will improve with more time for the rookies and a new offensive scheme. The pass defense issues are an even larger problem with no pass rush to go along with the fact that none of the current secondary players are capable of covering good receivers with a good QB.

Lots of issues that really haven't changed.
I think we'll be doing well to win two more games...both against 'Zona. We should beat Seattle, but if Hasselbeck can play, we're doomed. He'll pick our secondary apart. So, I'm predicting a 5-11 finish. We won't beat the Rams in St. Louis...
Share 49ersWebzone