There are 188 users in the forums

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

Why don't people realize that it doesn't matter who the QB is. Our #1 problem is coaching and #2 our offensive line is a disgrace, all these years and they still can't get a decent OL.
Keep Troy Picket in. At least he has an Heisman.
Both sides of the story point towards no.

Troy has had 2 average to good games. One bad game won't bench him.

As with Alex, it seems like no matter who the QB, the offense is just horrific.

Troy gets his 4th start against Arizona on MNF.
I think that Alex should go back to starting and let him audition for his future. This coaching staff has made a mess of things from the very beginning. I don't expect to have a winning season, so let Alex get his parting shots in and move on one way or the other. I'm done with Sing. Home game and he goes vanilla. But you kind of expected that with Troy playing stupid with the ball.

~Ceadder
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Typical NT overreaction. Don't let the last 2 games fool you. This is still a bad team with no quarterback.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I hope not, I've had enough of Alex Smith...
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Why don't people realize that it doesn't matter who the QB is. Our #1 problem is coaching and #2 our offensive line is a disgrace, all these years and they still can't get a decent OL.

DING DING DING DING DING DING DIIIIIIING!!!

If this was Boxing Mariotta woulda thrown the towel in @ the end of the 1st Quarter when Blount started having his way with our Defense.

~Ceadder
alex isn't going to be here next year regardless so why suffer with him? screw it, just keep troy in there
No way.

BUT...this game shows what every reasonable person knows...the problem is COACHING. The Bucs figured Troy out...and we got fvcked. It is what it is. I dont blame Troy. He tried and did what he could. Game planning and play calling sucks.
Troy is 2-1. Give him a chance. One loss and he's out? If that was the case for Alex Smith, we might even be decent by now.

FUC*K NO!

This was all coaching. The Niners have the worst blocking scheme in the world. If you decided to tackle Gore 50% of the time without looking at the offensive formation, you would have a successful defensive game plan vs. the Niners.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 21, 2010 at 16:10:14 ]
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
No way.

BUT...this game shows what every reasonable person knows...the problem is COACHING. The Bucs figured Troy out...and we got fvcked. It is what it is. I dont blame Troy. He tried and did what he could. Game planning and play calling sucks.

Troy WAS NOT figured out. The worst rush defense in the NFL held Gore to 23 yds on 12 carries!
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by Apone:
Alex, Troy, it won't matter. It's not replacing the glaring problem with this team-the coaching staff, particularly Mike Singletary.

This.

I hope we see some "Please save us, Gruden" signs when the 9ers play on monday night.

I don't understand all this Gruden bromance around here but anything has to be better than "Singleberry" as someone else said earlier. I could have gotten more out of this team just playing Madden.

It's because the fans would love to see something resembling the offensive power of the past. Gruden even in his most ineptitude was a fine offensive coach. Singletary for some reasons became so hard-headed this season, forcing his offensive coaches to call the offense the way he wanted to. The goal ought to be to win, not to stick to an offensive philosophy that Singletary has no experience in.
Troy had a very bad game but it would still rate in the 10 performances for Alex.
nah, not like Troy played bad.......
Share 49ersWebzone