LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

A different discussion: Why do you think Singletary has regressed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Nothing to do with regression, like his "mentor" he can't coach worth s**t. I think he is the worst HC we've had in the last decade.
We have no idea why hes regressed....We'd have to go back and look at film
I don't think he regressed at all. It is apparent, to me, that he is over his head. His decision making, game mgt and many other things point to his limited grasp of the position. He may get them down the line and hopefully somewhere else.
i was fooled before this game began--I really though the Niner coaches--excited about two straight wins would come out very aggressive and creative on offense---let's keep this ball rolling--we are on to something kind of mindset---I was totally surprised we went back into the offensive shell with the Gore up the middle runs and screen passes.

I expect people to learn from history and not repeat it---I guess I am an idiot.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Regressed from what?

lol

for reals
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He hasn't regressed. The emotion he brought to the table, get the guys to overachieve has worn off, and he still doesn't have a QB. Not to mentioned he sandbagged himself by getting rid of Martz (and this is coming from someone who's not a fan of MM).
sticking with alex to long... When it was clearly not working..i guess plan stubborness and not willing to adjust to todays NFL where qb play is critical and not just another position on the field
"Wile E. SingletaREE - super genius" just needs to go back to the drawing board and order more ACME products. Maybe ONE DAY something will work......

I like Coach, but unfortunately he can't coach. He is just a bit over his head for this job. Can't wait until the season is over so serious changes can be made. I hear through the rumor-VILLE that Homegren wants to coach again. HMMMMMM.
  • Veteran
How can you regress from something you never had to regress from.
Originally posted by FL9er:
He hasn't regressed. The emotion he brought to the table, get the guys to overachieve has worn off, and he still doesn't have a QB. Not to mentioned he sandbagged himself by getting rid of Martz (and this is coming from someone who's not a fan of MM).

I know his luster wore off. But why is he so stubborn?

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by FL9er:

I know his luster wore off. But why is he so stubborn?

He believes God is on his side, as evidenced by the large cross on his chest while standing on the team sideline.
You have to progress in order to "regress." Singletary got some wins on emotion when he was hired and pretty soon you get figured out and emotion doesn't win games.

Singletary reactionary hire by York. Again..another cinderella story. Jed needs to stop watching Mighty Ducks and Little Giants and get in touch with reality. Put WINNERS on the coaching staff and the team.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
He got saddled with a tough schedule against good teams early on, and the beatdown they laid along with him getting outcoached in each and every contest was too much to recover from.
Sing thinks football is simple, just run the ball and pass on 3rd downs. And all defense has to do is will their way to stopping everyone. that's the only way sing knows how to win from the 85 bears.
Just go puck ur self stupid coach!!!
Share 49ersWebzone