There are 286 users in the forums

Start Sims, Boone or Synder at LT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Start Sims, Boone or Synder at LT?

Originally posted by Wodwo:
The play that got Alex Smith injured was a max protect. Watch Anthony Davis:

Anthony Davis Looking REALLY Bad

Davis went out for a route on that play. Max protect is a minimum of eight blockers.
Sims all the way, this guy should be dressing every game even with Staley healthy. IMO Sims should have been starting so A.Davis can develope while playing only a series or 2 a half.
Originally posted by wadjay:
I vote Anthony Davis. See what he can do at his natural position.

haha i'd rather just let troy smith see it coming so he can move out of the way rather then been blindsided and having to put alex back in.
Barry Simms at LT no doubt! The questions come in about the RT position. Who should be starting over Anthony Davis. At this moment we might as well just have nobody because Anthony Davis is a fricken turn style for defenders.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Marry Sims, f**k Boone, Kill Snyder.

Agreed at least be activated in case sims and snyder suck it up. Sing this is what we call game day decisions, now you hope snyder and sims could do the job, but lets face it they couldn't at rt and that's why Davis starts.

If both boone and davis are the most true lt we have then boone should get the start he's ready, lets not mess with davis just yet. if he can prove to be a rt then we give him a chance.

lol two tight end sets both walker and davis helping the rookies... Mike johnson may have mentioned this in a meeting.
Originally posted by backontop:
Barry Simms at LT no doubt! The questions come in about the RT position. Who should be starting over Anthony Davis. At this moment we might as well just have nobody because Anthony Davis is a fricken turn style for defenders.

What I don't get is why Sing is even debating the issue! Sims did well at LT last year and Snyder has already proven to be a mediocre tackle and is banged up on top of that! And what about Boone? If Iupati and Davis can START as rookies, shouldn't Boone, at this stage, be ready to at least get an extended look? Can he be any worse that Davis, and if so, what is he doing on the team? Really, some times I question Sing's decision-making abilities.
As much as I like what Boone did for his career in the offseason the Nod goes to Sims based on past preformance. He really looked good in his chances last year. Wouldnt mind seeing Boone take a few snaps, just to see what we really have, but scary as it sounds we arent out of the hunt yet and the time for evaluation is when you are actually elliminated from contention.
Sims, Iupati, Bass, Snyder, Boone!

Rotate Rachil and Davis to get reps for them.
Boone is an option? Funny!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
The play that got Alex Smith injured was a max protect. Watch Anthony Davis:

Anthony Davis Looking REALLY Bad

Davis went out for a route on that play. Max protect is a minimum of eight blockers.

I'm sorry, but where did you get your definition? Are we even talking about the same thing?

Quote:
"We were able to huddle after the first completion to T.J.," Flacco explained. "I felt good with the play call from Cam. I also felt secure, because we called a 'max protect,' which has seven guys protecting me. If they all came, Matt [Birk], Todd [Heap] and Ray [Rice] would have to take care of it. If they blocked it up – and they did – running the play becomes easy."

link

Quote:
Max protect

I get the sense from talking to people around the league that protections are starting to override five-out packages. The Panthers have a terrific group of pass rushers led by Julius Peppers, but they never got to Houston quarterback Matt Schaub. When I asked the Panthers about the pass rush, all I heard was that the Texans were into protections. They would rather release two or three receivers and give Schaub the security of a seven-man protection scheme. Remember, the Texans have been one of the most sacked teams over the past few years. This year, Schaub has only been dropped twice in 50 pass attempts.

link

Pretty sure that play was "max protect", redrathman.

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

I would let Wragge and Boone fight it out to the death for the RT spot.
Anybody that says Boone needs to have their head examined
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sims not even a question about it. he did a solid job last year.
Ok who voted for Snyder?
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

I would let Wragge and Boone fight it out to the death for the RT spot.

Wragge is more of a guard, and can back up anywhere on the line so I would keep him as a reserve.

And to every one laughing about Boone starting, Really if he is so bad he shouldn't play, why is he still on the team? Why is he not exposed on the practice squad? Boone has all the tools, last season his foot work looked slow, so he may never make it as a LT but RT I think he will surprise you.

I said it on draft day and I will say it again, two O-line men in the first round, when their were so many veteran free agents, was dumb!
Share 49ersWebzone