LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 441 users in the forums

Start Sims, Boone or Synder at LT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Start Sims, Boone or Synder at LT?

Sims not even a question about it. he did a solid job last year.
Marry Sims, f**k Boone, Kill Snyder.

I vote Anthony Davis. See what he can do at his natural position.
Originally posted by wadjay:

He woudl just get another qb injured, then david carr would be in.

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?
Yeah I totally agree with starting Sims.

Now next question is....does anyone think that spelling Anthony Davis w/Snyder and/or Boone would make any sense?

Yeah, Chris Long is good but he's not Dwight Freeney. Anthony Davis does not play low enough and he lacks mental focus. I almost jumped off my balcony when that TD was called back bc of his holding.

I say Snyder spells Davis 50% of the game and let Boone come in for any garbage time just to see what he has (highly unlikely). OH and get Nate Byham to help chip a blocker on Davis' side. It's not rocket science Singletary WTF.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Snyd at RG, Sims at LT.

C'mon Sing please bench Rachal already. Mike Lewis blew past that guy and Chilo isn't really helping out Davis.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

Uhyeahhhh....at that rate Carr would get KO'd too and we'd be forced to play 100% of the snaps in the Wildcat.
Originally posted by rordona:

Now next question is....does anyone think that spelling Anthony Davis w/Snyder and/or Boone would make any sense?

Yeah, Chris Long is good but he's not Dwight Freeney. Anthony Davis does not play low enough and he lacks mental focus. I almost jumped off my balcony when that TD was called back bc of his holding.

I say Snyder spells Davis 50% of the game and let Boone come in for any garbage time just to see what he has (highly unlikely). OH and get Nate Byham to help chip a blocker on Davis' side. It's not rocket science Singletary WTF.

I think we should start Sims but he hasn't played in a while and hes gettin pretty old. if he can play like last year then that would be great, but im afraid that he cant anymore.

and Chris Long has been dominating every tackle hes played this year, so putting a Davis in front of him without help was QB suicide.
And Sing doesn't create the offensive plays or call the offensive plays so its not up to him to whether or not someone helps on Davis' side. I dont think sings that great either but you can't blame him for every problem. lol
Originally posted by the_educator:

I think we should start Sims but he hasn't played in a while and hes gettin pretty old. if he can play like last year then that would be great, but im afraid that he cant anymore.

and Chris Long has been dominating every tackle hes played this year, so putting a Davis in front of him without help was QB suicide.
And Sing doesn't create the offensive plays or call the offensive plays so its not up to him to whether or not someone helps on Davis' side. I dont think sings that great either but you can't blame him for every problem. lol

Yeah dude, I totally understand with the fact that Mike Johnson calls the O plays....however, Sing is ultimately the HEAD COACH. He has the authority to pull/bench/relieve someone (when necessary) and it was proven time and time again this past Sunday that he was not the right person facing Long. You can still run the 2 TE formation and still have those TE's running routes and have a FB/RB chipping Long, etc. Its not impossible. Sing can make those suggestions but clearly, not once did we see anyone helping Davis unless it was Gore in the backfield.

Yeah dude, I totally understand with the fact that Mike Johnson calls the O plays....however, Sing is ultimately the HEAD COACH. He has the authority to pull/bench/relieve someone (when necessary) and it was proven time and time again this past Sunday that he was not the right person facing Long. You can still run the 2 TE formation and still have those TE's running routes and have a FB/RB chipping Long, etc. Its not impossible. Sing can make those suggestions but clearly, not once did we see anyone helping Davis unless it was Gore in the backfield.

This is incorrect.

Troy Smith's touchdown to Michael Crabtree was a max protect two wide receiver route with Veron Davis helping Anthony Davis on the edge. In another broken play, Davis chipped Long and then went out for a 32 yard reception.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by redrathman:

This is incorrect.

Troy Smith's touchdown to Michael Crabtree was a max protect two wide receiver route with Veron Davis helping Anthony Davis on the edge. In another broken play, Davis chipped Long and then went out for a 32 yard reception.

Well, one maybe I over-exaggerated on him not getting ANY help. But I have to correct you...Crabtree's TD was not a result of Vernon Davis helping out. Anthony Davis was locked up w/Long for that entire play.

Fast fwd to 55 secs on the clip and you can clearly see it.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Game-Highlights-49ers-23---Rams-20/2105518f-9d09-44e5-b0ae-a3438ecee671
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

Uhyeahhhh....at that rate Carr would get KO'd too and we'd be forced to play 100% of the snaps in the Wildcat.

lol, who would be our main wildcat threat? everyone is slow except gore/VD (ginn is scared of contact, so he wouldn't work)

BTW if smith gets injured, then the alex smith era returns!
Share 49ersWebzone