LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

How will defenses gameplan against Troy Smith?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Whats up with all the Bucs fans? I am so excited to have a real qb throwing the ball now. he is great. and I don't think the bucs are gonna be able to keep up with us this week. first time Iv'e said that in while.
Originally posted by BucsNBiceps:
LOL at Tampa sweating comment.

Get real dude. Gore is about the only one that poses a threat on your offense. I would add Crabtree in, but he's got nobody throwing to him.

Flex it.

I'm pretty sure the Sucs dont have fans. This must be a zoner trolling.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

Get real dude. Gore is about the only one that poses a threat on your offense. I would add Crabtree in, but he's got nobody throwing to him.

Flex it.

You are smokin' a little too much spinach, Mr. Popeye. Your sailor boys got a little more to worry about than just Gore.

]

Oh, come on, man... a little smacktalk is fine, but be realistic...

Sure, Gore is our mantlepiece, but Vernon Davis lead the LEAGUE in TD receptions last year and is unquestionably a top-5 TE in this league. Crabtree, despite his holdout last year, poor QB play and poor offensive playcalling, has almost 1100 receiving yards and 6 TDs in 20 games. We also have a couple of lesser-known offensive players who are vital to our offensive game-planning - Delanie Walker and Josh Morgan, especially the former.

Actually, our teams are very similar in many ways:

- We both have up-and-coming, mobile QBs who excel in late-game situations and great intangibles (at least, we certainly hope Troy is no flash-in-the-pan QB).
- We both have a young, talented receiving corp with a "stud" TE.
- We both have relatively young and, hopefully, upcoming offensive lines.
- We both have young teams who seem to play to the level of our competition.
- We can't stop the pass; you can't stop the run.

This game is vital for both teams. The rest of the NFC West is likely to lose against tough competition this week, so this is our big chance to finally beat a winning team and tighten the race. You guys need this win to keep up in your own division with upcoming, tough games in Baltimore, at home against your division-leading Atlanta, then away again at Washington, who is no pushover at home.

Either way, Sunday's game will come down, naturally, to turnovers (or special teams). Either Josh or Troy will finally crack under the pressure after playing stellar, turnover-free football.

May the best team win...

Go 9ers!!!

Shanghai'D

Flex it.

Hey Mr. Flex it. Save your posing for the mirror or the beach.

btw, we have a member here called bucknbiff - you guys related?

Anyhoo, how about coming up with some comments on how your team will gameplan the Niner offense?

If 8 in the box and stop Frank Gore is it, oky fine.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

Flex it.

Hey Mr. Flex it. Save your posing for the mirror or the beach.

btw, we have a member here called bucknbiff - you guys related?

Anyhoo, how about coming up with some comments on how your team will gameplan the Niner offense?

If 8 in the box and stop Frank Gore is it, oky fine.

Da dude prolly wears a g string on da beach too.

Flex it.

hahahaha cuz your defense is so scary. youve never heard of Vernon Davis? did you happen to see that nobody throw for 350 yards on a defense ranked atleast 10 places higher than the Sucs? yup, and five of our players caught for over 60 yards so pick your poison. thats cool that you dig biceps, VD and Willis are physical freaks so your gonna be seeing a lot of them on sunday.
Stack the box.

Cover on the deep routes down the sidelines, pursue Smith on those rollouts.

Force him to throw from the pocket into the middle of the field.

Tampa is winning this gameplan battle and exposing Troy Smith's limitations.
Share 49ersWebzone