LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (at Arizona Cardinals)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Reporter "Mike, can you give us an update on Frank Gore's injury" Singletary "gotta look at the film" WTF!??!

This "gotta look at the film" complaining is played out. No one really knew how he was injured and the only way to see it is to look at the film. so what is so asinine about that?

I do know this. If there was any team that Sing hates it is the Green Bay Packers and I'm certain that he will convey that to his players. I don't make predictions as any team can win on any given Sunday. But I would be very surprised if the niners are not prepared to go to battle.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Was on my way home from the game listening to Sirius NFL Radio. They were talking up Anthony Davis' performance. And, being at the game, aside from the two penalties...I have to agree. He was very solid. I was impressed with him. Dude is quick as hell. You can tell he is just in his own head. He just needs time to iron it out.

I watched Davis pancake flat Dockett, flat on his back, three times. He essentially stonewalled Dockett all night. I watched him pick up Lenon one two blitzes and set the edge effectively for Westbrook essentially all night.

He makes rookie mistakes and penalties, sure. But those are the breaks. He looked pretty good tonight. Even the boys over at Sirius had to give him some props. Looked solid. I'll stray from the Webzone majority and publicly state that after tonight...I'm excited to see what this kid can bring over the next couple years.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Crabs on Westbrook

Quote:
“I was joking with him in the end zone, I told him, “Man, I haven’t seen you make moves like this since Tecmo Bowl,” said Crabtree, who scored the first touchdown of the game on a 38-yard reception in the first quarter.

Crabs is awesome!
1) We got away with TD gift, Crabtree's catch was not a TD, but I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.

2) Fitz's catch was a TD, but he was robbed.

Had those two things taken place, we'd still be up 20-10 and won. Also, gotta love Spikes' INT and lateral to Clements who hung onto the ball when tackled for a change.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
1) We got away with TD gift, Crabtree's catch was not a TD, but I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.

Had those two things taken place, we'd still be up 20-10 and won. Also, gotta love Spikes' INT and lateral to Clements who hung onto the ball when tackled for a change.

How was Fitzgerald's catch a TD? The ball came out when he landed on the ground...

The Crabs TD though should have been challenged by the Tards, but, that's their mistake.

[ Edited by horsecore on Nov 30, 2010 at 08:14:03 ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by okdkid:
Was on my way home from the game listening to Sirius NFL Radio. They were talking up Anthony Davis' performance. And, being at the game, aside from the two penalties...I have to agree. He was very solid. I was impressed with him. Dude is quick as hell. You can tell he is just in his own head. He just needs time to iron it out.

I watched Davis pancake flat Dockett, flat on his back, three times. He essentially stonewalled Dockett all night. I watched him pick up Lenon one two blitzes and set the edge effectively for Westbrook essentially all night.

He makes rookie mistakes and penalties, sure. But those are the breaks. He looked pretty good tonight. Even the boys over at Sirius had to give him some props. Looked solid. I'll stray from the Webzone majority and publicly state that after tonight...I'm excited to see what this kid can bring over the next couple years.
This was certainly a good confidence booster for AD but Dockett was playing with a bad shoulder that kept him from pushing off as he normally would. Also, AZ just mailed it in last night. The lack of effort was embarrassing. Somebody was on their back on just about every play. This was the same OL that got abused last week by TB and now they look like heroes?

I like Whisenhunt. He is a good coach, IMO, but he must be very concerned about the lack of effort his team put forth last night.
I think Troy Smith is not the answer. He has been sacked 1 less time then Alex in 3 less games. 3 touchdown passes in 4 games with 2 int...yuck. 55 percent completion %. How is he any better then Alex? Seems to me the defense is playing better now and that is why Troy has won 3 out of 4.

how was crabtree's catch NOT a td...
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

Ball totally came out when he went to the ground. Again, COULD HAVE been overturned.
nah they discussed it on NFL network that there wasn't enough evidence for it to be overturned..Crabtree had his hand under the ball and had control..slight movement but if it did get challenged it wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call.

LOLWUT? Fitz dropped the ball

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

Ball totally came out when he went to the ground. Again, COULD HAVE been overturned.

he did a full barrel roll and still had it slung in his arm. just cause it touched the ground does not mean he lost possession - on the other hand, fitz came down and INSTANTLY let the ball OUT OF HIS HAND
Originally posted by wbaker:
I think Troy Smith is not the answer. He has been sacked 1 less time then Alex in 3 less games. 3 touchdown passes in 4 games with 2 int...yuck. 55 percent completion %. How is he any better then Alex? Seems to me the defense is playing better now and that is why Troy has won 3 out of 4.

Troy may not be the answer; but, one thing I'm sure of is that he's better than Alex.

Alex = 9 interceptions in 9 games. Troy 2 in 4 games.
Alex average yards per attempt = 6.4. Troy = 8.2
Alex QB Rate = 75. Troy = 84.1
  • dj43
The silver lining on this game and the Gore injury is that it may force Sing/Johnson to put more time into developing a more well-rounded passing game. Last night the running game was great only because the Cardinals were obviously not making much of an effort. That will not be the case against the rest of the schedule. The 49ers will not run anywhere near that well against the Pack. If more time is not spent on passing patterns that build on each other and compliment each other, this could be another shutout coming up.

Johnson MUST get together with Sullivan and Hoener and get ALL the receivers doing a much better job on hot reads. On one of the sacks of Troy, it was obvious pre-snap that AZ was bringing everybody. Still, VD, instead of breaking off his route and turning back into the area just vacated by the blitzing MLB, he turned outside directly in front of the safety thereby giving Smith no one to throw to. If he had run a quick arrow route to the open area inside, which is what the normal hot read would indicate, he would have been open for a 7-8 yard gain. Instead, it was a sack.

These are the kinds of things that are STILL hurting the passing game and QB play. Let's hope there is enough time in this short week to solve a couple of these problems.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Wow, I can't remember seeing a team as bad as the Cardinals. Not only are they lacking in talent, they have ZERO heart. They just quit out there.

Absolutely. They gave up in the 1st quarter. No team should be able to gash a DL
for that kind of yardage.
man, I thought we were in bad shape. The Cards are far worse. We haven't been able to run for s**t on ANY defense.
Share 49ersWebzone