does crabtree get away with

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
all wr's do to an extent.

that

The GOAT never did, he got open with his superb route running.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Crabtree is not very good and he's not very fast. We should have picked Michael Oher and then Dez Bryant in the other draft. Instead we got Crabtree and Anthony Davis...

Crabtree is almost as slow as Moragan and that's SLOW! And he runs 1 and only 1 route all day long. He pouts like a Diva if he doesn't get the ball thrown his way or if the pass isn't perfect.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a more overrated player on the WZ. He really should not have been in the top 10.

1) Did you see Oher get absolutely owned yesterday? Not a convincing argument.

2) Dez Bryant's stats this year expanded to 16 games: 76 receptions 870 yards
Michael Crabtree's rookie stats expanded to 16 games: 70 receptions 909 yards

Also, their stats are just as close this year. Dez Bryant has 7 more receptions and one more TD. Crabtree is averaging one more yard per reception. They are also both third on their respective teams in receptions and yards.

The only thing Bryant has that Crabtree doesn't is punt returns.

So, again... not a very convincing argument.

Lastly, and most importantly... none of the players involved in the discussion have played long enough to say anything definitively. I've heard these things said about draft pick after draft pick, draft after draft. Some are proven right, others proven wrong. Only time will tell for sure.

Where's Tony Ugoh?
Crabtree is not very good and he's not very fast. We should have picked Michael Oher and then Dez Bryant in the other draft. Instead we got Crabtree and Anthony Davis...

Crabtree is almost as slow as Moragan and that's SLOW! And he runs 1 and only 1 route all day long. He pouts like a Diva if he doesn't get the ball thrown his way or if the pass isn't perfect.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a more overrated player on the WZ. He really should not have been in the top 10.[/quote]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

The GOAT never did, he got open with his superb route running.

Man, I'll tell you I can't remember him doing it, but I wouldn't say never. Dude had a long career....

Anyway....

Jerry f**king Rice.

/discussion
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I'm not sure I have ever seen a more overrated player on the WZ. He really should not have been in the top 10.

1) Did you see Oher get absolutely owned yesterday? Not a convincing argument.

2) Dez Bryant's stats this year expanded to 16 games: 76 receptions 870 yards
Michael Crabtree's rookie stats expanded to 16 games: 70 receptions 909 yards

Also, their stats are just as close this year. Dez Bryant has 7 more receptions and one more TD. Crabtree is averaging one more yard per reception. They are also both third on their respective teams in receptions and yards.

The only thing Bryant has that Crabtree doesn't is punt returns.

So, again... not a very convincing argument.

Lastly, and most importantly... none of the players involved in the discussion have played long enough to say anything definitively. I've heard these things said about draft pick after draft pick, draft after draft. Some are proven right, others proven wrong. Only time will tell for sure.

Where's Tony Ugoh?

I can't believe how under rated Crabtree is on this board. Have these even been taken into consideration:

1. Jimmy Raye
2. Alex Smith
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erAllTheWay:

I'm not sure I have ever seen a more overrated player on the WZ. He really should not have been in the top 10.[/quote]

I also would rather have Oher and Bryant, but that's just water under the bridge.

I turned sour on crabdouche when he held and then his punk attitude this year in camp. Dude is a prima dona, he thinks he is better then he is. I'd like to see him go over the middle and get blasted maybe that would knock some sense into him.

I also would rather have Oher and Bryant, but that's just water under the bridge.

I turned sour on crabdouche when he held and then his punk attitude this year in camp. Dude is a prima dona, he thinks he is better then he is. I'd like to see him go over the middle and get blasted maybe that would knock some sense into him.

Have you guys noticed Crabtree's play in 4th quarters? He gets most of his numbers in that quarter.

Man, we need a QB. Hope Troy Smith can keep it warm or take it over.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Slash49:

He got caught from behind.
Originally posted by Slash49:

lol true, but its hard when u shake and bake two guys and make them look silly for a while

I got a feeling crabtree is going to do a lot better this second half of the season. I think the reason why is because of Troy Smith's ability to make plays last longer. Have u guys noticed then when Michael Vick plays D. Jackson has way better games?

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

After a juke that made one defender fall down, followed immediately by a spin move to make another defender miss, and picking up 10 yards after the catch.

I don't think I've ever seen a WR do that without being caught from behind. Anybody got a highlight? I'd love to see it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:

After a juke that made one defender fall down, followed immediately by a spin move to make another defender miss, and picking up 10 yards after the catch.

I don't think I've ever seen a WR do that without being caught from behind. Anybody got a highlight? I'd love to see it.

I was joking Woodwo, not everything on here is so serious that it requires links and videos.

Comparing Crabs to Morgan is just being a Hater. Morgan runs like an old man out there.
Then you blame crabs for running 1 route like he's the one that calls the plays. Crabs is a beast after the catch.
Playin the we shoulda game is just a waste of time. We shoulda drafted Oher because you got in your time machine and knew Bryant was gona get suspended and drop in the Draft.? Really, that's your argument
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I was joking Woodwo, not everything on here is so serious that it requires links and videos.

Awww.... Woodwo? Really? Sounds like a toddler attempting to say the first name of the 28th President.

And yes it it. Interwebs are serious bizness.

I was joking, too. It was a jab back at you for the jab at Crabtree. I don't want anybody scouring teh intrarwebs for highlights. Though... it would be a good highlight.

U h8er.
Share 49ersWebzone