LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 364 users in the forums

does crabtree get away with

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
pushing off the corner a lil on some of his tds? i was just watching a replay of his first nfl td and noticed he did this. how much of a push off does it have to be for it to get flagged? is this craftiness on the part of crabtree or is it more of a dirty move? im a niner fan all day and have no problem with slightly bending the rules. just wondering what you guys think on this matter. if anyone can post a vid that exemplifies this thanks.

• Chico
  • Veteran
incidental contact!
All the great wide-outs in this league know how to get a little separation, whether it be by that way or another.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
All the great wide-outs in this league know how to get a little separation, whether it be by that way or another.

Yeah, it's just part of the game. It's a constant fight between WRs and DBs to get position. Both sides do it, both sides get away with it, DBs get flagged more. That's just the NFL.
Originally posted by SFGem:
pushing off the corner a lil on some of his tds? i was just watching a replay of his first nfl td and noticed he did this. how much of a push off does it have to be for it to get flagged? is this craftiness on the part of crabtree or is it more of a dirty move? im a niner fan all day and have no problem with slightly bending the rules. just wondering what you guys think on this matter. if anyone can post a vid that exemplifies this thanks.

really?
Sadly guys he's only a niner fan during the day not the night. Must be a Raider fan.
He definitely gets away with pushing off. He keeps his hands low on the defenders body and doesn't extend his arms very far when he does it. I think that spares him getting penalized.

Every wr does.

Originally posted by thestick:

Every wr does.

This
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by thestick:

Every wr does.

This

except Josh Morgan, it's why he hardly ever has separation.
Originally posted by Chico:
incidental contact!

Close enough. Irvin was the best at pushing off. hey a slow man has got to do what he has to to get open. I'm ok with it moss did it to revis a few weeks ago it's a great idea then, and still is.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Did you see Roddy Whites second td tonight? He practically tackled his corner!
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gage:
Did you see Roddy Whites second td tonight? He practically tackled his corner!

See it here.
[ Edited by gage on Nov 11, 2010 at 9:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone