LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 443 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A team and coach with no game-plan, sense of urgency or a a clue on how to play a football game.
I saw a man with no plan be spanked by a baby
I saw 50,000 fans leave before the ending
I saw a gutless performance by a team full of chickens
I saw a Blacksmith with no hammer and no anvil
I saw a man from the past who has no more future

it's a hard, its a hard, its a hard rains a-gonna fall
  • Veteran
I saw an empty stadium by middle of the third quarter, i wonder if the Yorks saw the same thing.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
When Singletary first came to the Niners head coaching job I said he was a great motivator, but a lousy X and O guy. I have been astounded as to how hard the players work at executing such awful game plans, it has been a testament to Singletary's ability to motivate players.

One by one players stopped buying into Singletary's motivational style, because guess what Mike they 'Watch film" too.

What I saw yesterday was critical mass, the tipping point, enough players called bulls**t and just gave up. I don't really blame them, they have all worked hard, listened to their coaches and done exactly what they have been asked to do all season.

Who in their right mind would could play hard for Mike Singletary now? When you work hard follow orders and do you best to execute, yet always end up on the losing end of the score it is impossible to continue to preform.

I guess what I saw was not a team quitting on a pathetic excuse for a head coach, but rather a group of guys that know no matter what they do the just can;t win, a group of guys not a team that flat out quit in the face of a hopeless season, and I don't blame them a bit.

Who could play for this clown?

What did you see yesterday?

great post
I saw 21-0 in the 4th quarter when I woke up on the couch.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The head coach has way too much influence in the game plan. I bet they only planned to run the ball and assumed they would have success. They needed to change before the half and they did not. Of course they didn't have another game plan in place and it cost them dearly.

very true, it's almost like Singletary went out of his way during the week to reign in the offense by the comments he made.
Originally posted by 190836:
I saw an empty stadium by middle of the third quarter, i wonder if the Yorks saw the same thing.

The fans that did leave early paid for the tickets. That's all that matters to the Yorks.
I saw the SKY falling for our SAD SAD 49ers.
Coach Sorry-Tary should be ashamed of himself. He's probably the "WORSTTT" coach in the league.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The head coach has way too much influence in the game plan. I bet they only planned to run the ball and assumed they would have success. They needed to change before the half and they did not. Of course they didn't have another game plan in place and it cost them dearly.

I saw the miserable failure of the oline coaching. The oline should be getting better throughout the season, it is getting worse.

I saw that we still need a QB.

I saw that the coaches are idiot's when it comes to game planning.

I saw that the coaches are in over their head when it comes to executing game plans...probably because they in over their heads when it comes to installing game plans and readying their team to play.

I saw an offense that lacked any kind of "fire" in them. I made the comment in the gameday thread after first two series were up of "Is it just me, or does the offense appear to not have any fire in them?" They looked like they walked into the game with the notion they were not going to win, that they did not believe they could get get it done.

I saw a lot of other stuff too, but the biggest think I saw is that this coaching staff is in over their heads and the team is heading down and not up because of it. I saw that they have reached the point where they are wandering now, they are rudderless.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Originally posted by 190836:

The fans that did leave early paid for the tickets. That's all that matters to the Yorks.

Ah, but a certain percentage of the walk-outs don't renew! The more walk-outs, the more who don't renew!

I saw an overall lack of urgency from our team.

I saw an offensive game-plan that had no contingency plan B if plan A failed.

I saw a QB that had enough game film to scheme well against. Troy was well contained by the DL, and when he did have time (or make time) in the pocket? His decisions were slow and rather poor.

I saw a great RB easily contained by a failure of OL run blocking and play-call predictability.

I saw a defense that played well for the most part, but was eventually broken down thanks to an inept offense... most notably, a truly horrific 2nd half interception.

I saw the body language of Gore and VD, who were clearly disturbed with our pass offense.

I saw our season go swirling down the drain yesterday... and it surprised me not one bit.

• Jiks
I saw hope. Hope that within the next 15-45 years we are going to get this figured out.
I saw Mike Singletary and we must fire him.

Because he's the coach San Francisco deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll fire him, because he can take it. Because he's not a coach. He's a silent film-watcher, a watchful motivator...a dark samurai.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I saw an overall lack of urgency from our team.

I saw an offensive game-plan that had no contingency plan B if plan A failed.

I saw a QB that had enough game film to scheme well against. Troy was well contained by the DL, and when he did have time (or make time) in the pocket? His decisions were slow and rather poor.

I saw a great RB easily contained by a failure of OL run blocking and play-call predictability.

I saw a defense that played well for the most part, but was eventually broken down thanks to an inept offense... most notably, a truly horrific 2nd half interception.

I saw the body language of Gore and VD, who were clearly disturbed with our pass offense.

I saw our season go swirling down the drain yesterday... and it surprised me not one bit.

I saw the same and could not have said it any better. I probably would have gone back to Alex Smith in the middle of the 3rd quarter. But the OL did not get a push and could not pass block. Please, please....Andrew Luck!!!
It looked like the players were voting on the coach. Going through the motions is how they express their displeasure.

The fans voted with their early exit and some vote with posts on forums, calling to talk shows and the like.

When this all happens, the coaches are normally the next to go. You see it over and over, in every sport. Clearly this should be done now, immediately, so that the interim coach and the players can be properly evaluated outside of Sings Silly System.
Share 49ersWebzone