There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 11)

hola mamita
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Not sure how updated this is. But Tampa's overall defense is ranked 22nd. In passing they're 8th, in rushing they're 31st.

Their overall offense is 20th, 19th passing, 14th rushing.

singletary loves you for this

Well now a run up the middle is 10 yards baby
Go with Troy Smith!!

Go Niners!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by WestCoast:

hola mamita

Nice!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
we have to stop getting TD's called back
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We are 15-4 all time against the Bucs which I think is our best win % against any team.

http://www.fourt9rkim.com/tampa.html

Should be a game similar to the Rams game but if we make as many mistakes as today we won't win against TB. Heck, we where lucky to win against the Rams. It would be nice if this team stopped beating itself and started playing clean games. We are cutting the turnovers but we have so many penalties and bonehead play/play calls. Wish defense would step up and get some turnovers for us.

Edit: will add... I am not worried about the run game, mainly Josh Freeman going deep to Benn and Mike Williams. Could be a big TD or two from them.

If Goldson wants that contract this offseason, this is the game he must be balling.
I want a pic from him
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We are 15-4 all time against the Bucs which I think is our best win % against any team.

http://www.fourt9rkim.com/tampa.html

Should be a game similar to the Rams game but if we make as many mistakes as today we won't win against TB. Heck, we where lucky to win against the Rams. It would be nice if this team stopped beating itself and started playing clean games. We are cutting the turnovers but we have so many penalties and bonehead play/play calls. Wish defense would step up and get some turnovers for us.

Edit: will add... I am not worried about the run game, mainly Josh Freeman going deep to Benn and Mike Williams. Could be a big TD or two from them.

If Goldson wants that contract this offseason, this is the game he must be balling.
I want a pic from him

Going to be a tough one. Bucs are really playing well right now.
The Bucs haven't exactly beaten top notch teams... CAR twice, CLE, CIN, STL, and ARI... I think the biggest problem will be controlling the passing game. Our defense has controlled better RBs (Jackson, Turner). Our biggest issue will be how much crowd noise we can get to disrupt the Bucs offense. The energy yesterday was pretty good, and hopefully it gets even better this week!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Ken Dorsey and Shaun Hill can beat the Bucs at home, then dammit so can Troy Smith.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
The Bucs haven't exactly beaten top notch teams... CAR twice, CLE, CIN, STL, and ARI... I think the biggest problem will be controlling the passing game. Our defense has controlled better RBs (Jackson, Turner). Our biggest issue will be how much crowd noise we can get to disrupt the Bucs offense. The energy yesterday was pretty good, and hopefully it gets even better this week!

Well, we aren't exactly world beaters.

As for the Bucs Defense vs pass/run. I hope they try to stack the box against us. We finally have a QB who can make them suffer.

Damn!!!! Our offense is balanced!!!

Also, our defense is ranked higher than the Bucs. You figure our defense plays better at home so that 16 ranking should be about a 10 ranking if you include our play at home.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
How many of you guys were against drafting Freeman?
Hey guys,

Just checking in. I read the thread and you guys seem to have a pretty good board here. I'm from pewterreport.com

I haven't got a chance to watch the niners play this year as I'm sure most of you haven't caught a Buc's game either.

I was at the bucs game yesterday as I am for most home games and we had a solid win.

All of our wins this year have come against bad/mediocre QB's and even though Troy had a good game I can't really put him into the good/experienced category yet.

Historically the Bucs have played terrible on the west coast but dating to last year we are 2-0 vs Seattle and Arizona. This team has a different mentality then previously regimes. These guys are too young to know they shouldn't be winning most of these games.

This game is very important to us because after you guys we have to go to Baltimore and then we have Atlanta at home. If we want to stay in the play off race we need to go 1-2 over the next 3 games before we play some bad teams. Not saying your guys are bad, but compared to the Ravens and Falcons this game is the most winnable of the three.

Even though our team is young, our offense is the real deal. Freeman is good and I predict will be great someday. we have legit receivers in Winslow and M. Williams with other dependable options, Benn and Spurlock. Blunt is a good runner but horribly suspect in pass protection. Caddy is effectively our 3rd down back now and had started playing much better in that role rather than as the every down back.
Our O-line is an all around solid group. Freeman makes them look good by not taking sacks against safety's and corners. It typically takes more than one guy to get him down.

On Defense, we are pretty terrible. We have the fewest sacks in the league with only 5 coming from our defensive line. We have solid corners with ball skills, however they tend to take risks leaving themselves vulnerable to the deep ball. Steelers and saints exposed us on that. Our LB's are hit or miss. Rudd puts up good stats but he's really not a splash player, he has one pic and one sack on the year. He gets a ton a tackles but he's a drag down tackler and not a thumper like your beast in the middle. Rudd really gets waaaaayyyy to much credit and is in risk of not being resigned.

Our special teams are outstanding. Our coverage team is near tops in the league and we get good returns from spurlock who took one to the house two weeks ago. Our kicker Conner Barth has been great so far but we are on our third punter of the year and he kicks a terrible punt for every good one he gets off.

If you have any questions and want an unbiased answer from a true fan hit me back. I'm looking forward to getting the inside scoop from you guys during the week.
Originally posted by USMC-BUC:
Hey guys,

Just checking in. I read the thread and you guys seem to have a pretty good board here. I'm from pewterreport.com

I haven't got a chance to watch the niners play this year as I'm sure most of you haven't caught a Buc's game either.

I was at the bucs game yesterday as I am for most home games and we had a solid win.

All of our wins this year have come against bad/mediocre QB's and even though Troy had a good game I can't really put him into the good/experienced category yet.

Historically the Bucs have played terrible on the west coast but dating to last year we are 2-0 vs Seattle and Arizona. This team has a different mentality then previously regimes. These guys are too young to know they shouldn't be winning most of these games.

This game is very important to us because after you guys we have to go to Baltimore and then we have Atlanta at home. If we want to stay in the play off race we need to go 1-2 over the next 3 games before we play some bad teams. Not saying your guys are bad, but compared to the Ravens and Falcons this game is the most winnable of the three.

Even though our team is young, our offense is the real deal. Freeman is good and I predict will be great someday. we have legit receivers in Winslow and M. Williams with other dependable options, Benn and Spurlock. Blunt is a good runner but horribly suspect in pass protection. Caddy is effectively our 3rd down back now and had started playing much better in that role rather than as the every down back.
Our O-line is an all around solid group. Freeman makes them look good by not taking sacks against safety's and corners. It typically takes more than one guy to get him down.

On Defense, we are pretty terrible. We have the fewest sacks in the league with only 5 coming from our defensive line. We have solid corners with ball skills, however they tend to take risks leaving themselves vulnerable to the deep ball. Steelers and saints exposed us on that. Our LB's are hit or miss. Rudd puts up good stats but he's really not a splash player, he has one pic and one sack on the year. He gets a ton a tackles but he's a drag down tackler and not a thumper like your beast in the middle. Rudd really gets waaaaayyyy to much credit and is in risk of not being resigned.

Our special teams are outstanding. Our coverage team is near tops in the league and we get good returns from spurlock who took one to the house two weeks ago. Our kicker Conner Barth has been great so far but we are on our third punter of the year and he kicks a terrible punt for every good one he gets off.

If you have any questions and want an unbiased answer from a true fan hit me back. I'm looking forward to getting the inside scoop from you guys during the week.

The bold may really hurt your defense against a QB like Troy Smith, especially if you are not applying the pressure. He has a tendency to hold onto the ball (Big Ben Style) and allow his receiver to get open deep.

Our Defensive Backfield is probably last or bottom 3rd in the league in INTs. We took risks early in the season but now seem to stay patient. However, we don't have the ball instincts to step into an INT. Our Defensive line has created pressure in spurts but can't seem to close the deal allowing the QB to escape more often than not.

Our ILB's is probably the top combo in the league along with a very talented LOLB Manny Lawson. We are very inconsistent in terms of play from our ROLB. However, our overall LB speed is VERY fast.

The one most under rated aspect of our offense is the talent we have at the receiving targets. TWO TE's who can line up at WR AND one can block with the best of them.

Our weaknesses have mainly been ourselves from lacking of in-game coaching to penalties, to turnovers. We have limited turnovers and improved on the Offensive coaching, but the penalties are almost losing us games.

As for our Running Game: well, we felt that we could release Blount because we have a guy named Frank Gore.
Originally posted by USMC-BUC:
Hey guys,

Welcome!